Do you have an interesting "secondary team" in mind for 2018?

SilverBullet

So with the addition of Yelich and Cain and with the hope that they add a solid starting pitcher soon, anyone else gonna keep an extra eye on the Brewers this year?

I'm not talking jumping ship from the Marlins and becoming a full blown bandwagon fan but every season I usually have an interesting extra team that I pay some extra attention to and today these Brewers became pretty intriguing to me.

If it's not them, anyone have any better suggestions? 

So with the addition of Yelich and Cain and with the hope that they add a solid starting pitcher soon, anyone else gonna keep an extra eye on the Brewers this year?

I'm not talking jumping ship from the Marlins and becoming a full blown bandwagon fan but every season I usually have an interesting extra team that I pay some extra attention to and today these Brewers became pretty intriguing to me.

If it's not them, anyone have any better suggestions? 

If it's for the former Marlins,then you still have the choices of the Yankees, the Cardinals and the Mariners…

If it's for the former Marlins,then you still have the choices of the Yankees, the Cardinals and the Mariners…

It's not just for them. Yelich makes the Brewers interesting but so does Cain and their potential upgrades to the rotation. They'd make a more fun story to follow than the other 3 teams to me. 

It's not just for them. Yelich makes the Brewers interesting but so does Cain and their potential upgrades to the rotation. They'd make a more fun story to follow than the other 3 teams to me. 

I saw stuff about them going after Archer now.  I dont think they have the pieces left in the system now given how incredibly valuable Archer is on his contract, but if they can get him they have a great team.  I just dont like their rotation as it currently stands. They dont have that top of the rotation guy.

I saw stuff about them going after Archer now.  I dont think they have the pieces left in the system now given how incredibly valuable Archer is on his contract, but if they can get him they have a great team.  I just dont like their rotation as it currently stands. They dont have that top of the rotation guy.

I feel like getting Yelich and Cain might convince Darvish to sign there. 

In regards to the actual topic of the thread, i dont do secondary teams.  Ive never understood being able to do that.  Wish i could but i grew up down here.  Id love the ability to change my allegiances.  It would have made the NFL not as miserable for me.  NHL too.  and of course the marlins.  but now im stuck.

i dont do secondary teams.  Ive never understood being able to do that.

I really just meant checking the daily scores and reading a few extra articles about the secondary team. I'm still a Marlins fan 100% above and beyond all others. Didn't mean I was moving to Milwaukee and buying a boat load of Brewers merchandise. Some teams just have fun stories to follow in different years. Just wanted to clarify that. 

I really just meant checking the daily scores and reading a few extra articles about the secondary team. I'm still a Marlins fan 100% above and beyond all others. Didn't mean I was moving to Milwaukee and buying a boat load of Brewers merchandise. Some teams just have fun stories to follow in different years. Just wanted to clarify that. 

i know, i was just explaining my viewpoint.  Can you root for 2 teams in the same sport?  Even if you root for one a lot more than the other.  Im partial to pittsburgh teams given my family is from pittsburgh, but i dont root for them at all.

I'm so fucking tired of this shitshow this offseason.

1998 I became a real fan, hence my unhealthy infatuation with that season. *Fuck Pimpleface*

2005 I understood but was upset. *They tired to keep it together as best they could cheaply*

2012 I wanted to happen *Fuck Bell, HanRam and Reyes*

2017? This shit hurts- way more than the others ever did. Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna and Realmuto and Bour had the potential to be a solid core, and deserved one more year to see what they could do. Jose doing dumb shit ruined this team- and it never recovered or even had a chance to get out from under his shadow. Next year was supposed to be that year.

It really fucking sucks....

atleast I have the Mets and A's to look forward to.

(Stanton in NY too, hopefully he demolishes the Judges Chambers)

Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna and Realmuto and Bour had the potential to be a solid core, and deserved one more year to see what they could do

"What they could do" was gonna be another 70-something win season and another year missing the playoffs while prolonging the inevitable rebuild. Where we are now means we're already closer to the next contending Marlins team than we would have been without trading those guys away. 

"What they could do" was gonna be another 70-something win season and another year missing the playoffs while prolonging the inevitable rebuild. Where we are now means we're already closer to the next contending Marlins team than we would have been without trading those guys away. 

just wanted Stanton, Oz n Jelliz together fuck the rest