Loria/Samson would buy Marlins tickets for $1 each just to boost attendance numbers

SilverBullet

I’d be curious to know the full context of his remark as well as any additional information he may have withheld.  Samson has mentioned since the sale that he signed an agreement to basically not trash ownership in the papers or on air.  So, having not heard his interview I can only imagine that the hosts were in the middle of making fun of the current situation and the appearance of massive dips in attendance.  Samson probably interjected this nugget as a way of saying “look guys, attendance was worse than you realize in the past”.  Again just guessing. 

As an aside, I won’t listen to LeBetard anymore.  I used to love his show.  I listened from the beginning.  I just don’t find him funny anymore and the way he responded to the Marlins since the change in ownership has been really narrow minded, self serving, uninformative, and unproductive.  The way he tries to take ownership over public opinion and hold himself out there as the voice of south florida (all on a nationally televised show) is really misleading.  He also doesn’t inform anyone on baseball matters in the least bit (which yes I know is not the point of his show).  His show is admittedly not there for deep dives, rather it is there to make people smile and laugh.  He’s just not making me laugh anymore.  And yes, I "get the show" but many people don't and I think it impacts public opinion for those who aren't really ITK.

And yes, I "get the show" but many people don't and I think it impacts public opinion for those who aren't really ITK.

Yes this is the problem... he's as much an entertainer as anything so he may be doing all of this for show and for ratings but the public doesn't understand that and people take his negative opinions as conclusive truths. 

More likely natural progression to a mean based on his abilities 

Or More likely he realized he's a major leaguer and started putting in the work needed to not be embarrassed?

Some people react differently under pressure. It seems like he thrives in it, which is great. All year he's been able to relax and learn because their committed to him long term on the MLB roster. Mattingly refused to bench him but is giving him days off and practice days. Thats great, but when you arent in fear of losing your job... we all get complacent.

I'm not saying Lebatard did this for those reasons, and it's a little fucked up... but don't leave a guy batting .160 on a Major League Roster after you traded the most productive outfield in history because you didn't want to pay them.

He should have been sent down in early May.

They want to develop youngsters at the MLB level, they can deal w the pressure.

Or More likely he realized he's a major leaguer and started putting in the work needed to not be embarrassed?

This is a moronic assessment. If you actually think he wasn't trying his best and that some juvenile campaign from a radio host changed that, you are not thinking clearly. What you said is just as disrespectful to Brinson as the dumb campaign was in the first place.

This is a moronic assessment. If you actually think he wasn't trying his best and that some juvenile campaign from a radio host changed that, you are not thinking clearly. What you said is just as disrespectful to Brinson as the dumb campaign was in the first place.

There's a great quote by Pat Riley, and it comes to mind in times like this:

"[sonOfJack] needs to shut the fuck up"

If you  think having no fear of losing your starting job and being given the longest leash imaginable for any Major League Player is going to help him develop...then you're as hopeless as Brinson was in April and May.

Being in the major leagues requires constant adjustments and studying. Being told daily you're ok, you'll come around like Mattingly and Menechino have said only inspires you to keep trying the same things over and over again to get a different result... aka INSANITY.

He's playing pissed, I figured as much when he responded to the instagram campain and brought it up in a interview. He had no other option then to try different shit or be embarrassed nationally. Lebatards jusifibly being ridiculed for this, but it wasn't a personal attack on Brinson. It was an attack on the Marlins for tearign down a roster that had probably one of the best 1-4, maybe 1-5 in the Major Leagues.

So before you call someone elses opinion Moronic....just Shut the Fuck Up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.