Blue jerseys to remain exclusive to ST/BP

Admin

I get the nightlife angle, but when I think of Miami, I do NOT think of black.

I know but there are times when they can really make the black work with the brightness of the other colors and it does create the perfect nightlife with color look. Like this I think is great...

[MEDIA=twitter]1229227412006801408[/MEDIA]

Granted you absolutely need the perfect color and lighting scenario like that video but just saying that black can work with the bright colors if done correctly.

You can't read. I said black cap with a blue bill. You posted the opposite.

I was testing YOU to see if you'd catch my error. ;)

I saw this in the team store a while back:

xgnCUjL.jpg

I know but there are times when they can really make the black work with the brightness of the other colors and it does create the perfect nightlife with color look. Like this I think is great...

[MEDIA=twitter]1229227412006801408[/MEDIA]

Granted you absolutely need the perfect color and lighting scenario like that video but just saying that black can work with the bright colors if done correctly.

As has been discussed, when you need ideal lighting situations to see something up close that's meant to be seen by people hundreds of feet away, you've done something wrong.

I'm surprised they didn't take the Nike switch over as an opportunity to tweak the uniforms slightly.

I'm surprised they didn't take the Nike switch over as an opportunity to tweak the uniforms slightly.

I can't believe how many times I hear this. That's not how this works. Nike is just the manufacturer of the uniforms, they don't design them. It's like if Coca-Cola started having their cans made elsewhere, it wouldn't change the flavor of the drink. The Marlins will make their tweaks whenever they see fit, if ever. They really believe they got these uniforms right, they weren't going to make changes after just one season.

I can't believe how many times I hear this. That's not how this works. Nike is just the manufacturer of the uniforms, they don't design them. It's like if Coca-Cola started having their cans made elsewhere, it wouldn't change the flavor of the drink. The Marlins will make their tweaks whenever they see fit, if ever. They really believe they got these uniforms right, they weren't going to make changes after just one season.

I didn't say anything about Nike designing them.

With a new manufacturer, there would've been proofs and whatnot the Marlins would've had to approve before production (unlike continually producing the same uniforms from Majestic). THE MARLINS could've made tweaks with the switch over and could have passed them off as manufacturer changes if they didn't want to admit the design was flawed - or just be honest and say we took the switch over opportunity to make a few slight tweaks after observing the uniforms in action.

As you point out, they must think the look is perfect and won't make changes.

I didn't say anything about Nike designing them.

With a new manufacturer, there would've been proofs and whatnot the Marlins would've had to approve before production (unlike continually producing the same uniforms from Majestic). THE MARLINS could've made tweaks with the switch over and could have passed them off as manufacturer changes if they didn't want to admit the design was flawed - or just be honest and say we took the switch over opportunity to make a few slight tweaks after observing the uniforms in action.

As you point out, they must think the look is perfect and won't make changes.

First point, I was reacting to the overall response from many people who actually thought the Nike rebrand meant everyone would get a new uniform, not just to your quote. Can't believe how many people have said "if everyone is getting new uniforms why didnt the Marlins".

But with that said, there probably weren't any proofs or things like that. I mean yea maybe but what I'm getting at is that this isn't actually even Nike uniforms yet. I heard that these are the same uniforms as last year but with the Nike logo sewed on. Seems more like it will actually be next year if Nike makes their own specific jersey template.

First point, I was reacting to the overall response from many people who actually thought the Nike rebrand meant everyone would get a new uniform, not just to your quote. Can't believe how many people have said "if everyone is getting new uniforms why didnt the Marlins".

But with that said, there probably weren't any proofs or things like that. I mean yea maybe but what I'm getting at is that this isn't actually even Nike uniforms yet. I heard that these are the same uniforms as last year but with the Nike logo sewed on. Seems more like it will actually be next year if Nike makes their own specific jersey template.

Hm, well if that's how it went, than I get it.

I’m not starting a new thread for it but finally got a new authentic. The guy I mentioned in another thread had a Size 46 Brian Anderson but it was the black. My least wanted version however it’s beautiful in person. I really love the blue, especially on the neck tag. The best thing is the shoulder patch. I love how they really raised up the Marlin.

1E97ABDF-773D-4008-9C9A-BCC208D8035A.thumb.jpeg.d61868d2f33de8e0f3517983bc2fa893.jpeg

1193047F-1E60-4FE5-82D1-036A7684CC37.thumb.jpeg.01af9b661f835fc3b8135d426e742d89.jpeg

• Like 2

The black jerseys are indeed beautiful in person

Yeah I have several hockey jerseys that do that. Either Incredibly boring when you see them on screen or don’t translate well but having little features that are nice in person.

I really wanted the white jersey, followed by the Gray, Blue and black but the desire to have a known player that might actually be on the team in a few year for less than 120 was the deciding factor.