MLB.com: "One guy you forgot was on your favorite team"

https://www.mlb.com/news/each-mlb-team-s-players-you-forgot-played-for-them

MLB.com put up an article titled "One guy you forgot was on your favorite team" and they chose Mike Piazza for the Marlins but I think that's such a horrible choice.

The trivia of Piazza being a Marlin for 8 days is brought up so often that it's barely an unknown anymore. And if the title says players you forgot were on "your favorite team" there's virtually no long term Marlins fan who doesn't already know that Piazza was a Marlin and it's definitely not something we'll forget. Such a poor choice considering the premise of the article.

So basically I thought it would be fun to bring up this question here. Fyi the article listed well known players so that's the catch because obviously there's hundreds of forgotten players in Marlins history. Name a well known player who we forgot was a Marlin.

Fyi Conine was the choice for the Mets.

Any ideas?

I was talking about the outfielder previously of the cubs, but I guess both. Though the pitcher we forgot about cause he was pretty much completely forgettable over his career anyway lol

We released Marmol and brought in Rodriguez who was actually even worse!

In a few years, the answer will be Ichiro. Mark Buehrle and Dave Magadaan deserve mentions, too.

I don't think many people forgot Buehrle was on the team considering he was one of the "big signings" for the new stadium and he did pretty well here too. That was my wife's fav player for his tenure here.

I had totally forgotten Luis Gonzalez played for the fish until someone mentioned it.

Ichiro "is" a Seattle Mariner but I don't think his time here is gonna be forgettable considering his 3,000th hit was as a Marlin and he was here long enough that people will remember that this is where he winded his career down especially since he was still fairly productive too. I'd argue that Ichiro's time as a Yankee will be more forgotten down the line.

• Like 4

Are we doing noteworthy players that had a brief stint or just obscure players we forgot about? Cause in that case we have names like Jorge Fabregas and Josias Manzanillo lol

i will never forget about Manzanillo because he always smacked himself in the balls on the mound as a joke.