Opening Day Postponed

Hmm. 60 game season I guess.

Regarding the ties being enforced - I'd honestly rather have ties than an automatic runner on second base. Still wouldn't prefer ties at all, but it is better than that auto-RISP situation.

A swing off might be a better idea. 12 innings and tied? Alright, roll out the L-screen and start throwing some BP pitches. Swing until three balls in play don't go beyond the wall.

while I think it's better to just NOT have a season this year - if both sides truly want to play...10 games is utterly asinine to bicker over.  that's not even two f**king weeks - and it'll take longer than two weeks to do any sort of counter proposal.  At this point it appears as if each side just wants to "win" by making the other side blink first.  What a sorry crock of shit this is overall. 

• Like 1

If I'm the league, despite them rejecting it, I go with the "olive branch" approach and implement the 60-game proposal with full prorated salaries and the expanded postseason/DH things that both sides were ok with.....instead of Manfred just implementing his obsessed with 50 game thing that was talked about with normal rules.

Players take all the public sentiment they had last week and tossed it into the trash can.

Impressive how each side has basically taken public sentiment and lit it on fire on a regular basis in this disaster.

Oh and Trevor Bauer is fucking spot on.  As per usual.

Need a fresh edition of Bauer hour tomorrow.

• Like 2

I disagree with the idea to revert to the March agreement, but I'm thinking of the longer term relationship between the league and the union, and the looming CBA negotiations after December 2021.

I think it'd be better for the league to be able to tell the players, hey, despite you not working with us to meet in the middle, we're pushing past the March agreement to give you more than we could, and that that approach would help in CBA negotiations.

My problem is - the two sides couldn't agree on a season..........and the gap was 10 GAMES.  And we expect CBA negotiations to go swimmingly?

More details from MLBTR:

-MLB plans to implement 30-man rosters, up from 26, to start the season. However, the 30-man total will shrink to 28 on the 15th day of the season. It will go down to 26 on Day 29 and stay there for good.

-The trade deadline is normally July 31, but expectations are that it will move to Aug. 31 this year.

-A runner starting on second base in extra innings would only apply in the regular season, not the playoffs. The batter who made the final out in the previous inning would start extras on second.

-MLB may decide to suspend games that don’t last at least five innings due to weather. In other words, they’ll remain in limbo until the teams are able to finish them at a later date.

-Both pitchers and position players would likely have a 10-day injured list. For players who are seriously hurt, the 60-day IL would be cut to 45 days.

-Three days before the resumption of spring training, teams have to submit lists of 60 players who will be eligible to play for them during the season (40-man rosters plus taxi squads). All players would not show up to spring training at the same time. They’d report on a “staggered” basis, and they’d be at the ballpark at different times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

A runner starting on second base in extra innings would only apply in the regular season, not the playoffs. The batter who made the final out in the previous inning would start extras on second.

I understand why they are doing this, but I still dislike it. I think it is an ok idea if say the game reaches the 15th inning. But innings 10-14 should be regular old rules.