Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

Just now, Hotcorner said:

wonder if any of the Philly players picked it up during the series?

I am sure the Yankees are currently wondering the same thing, since they play them next.

The Yankees are scheduled to begin a series in Philadelphia tonight. The Marlins were in Philadelphia’s visiting clubhouse and dugout all weekend. The Post’s Joel Sherman reports the Yankees have called in their own clubhouse personnel to work the series in Philadelphia so the team will not be exposed to the visiting clubhouse staff that worked the Marlins series.

According to The Athletic, the Phillies’ entire visiting clubhouse staff will be quarantined after being exposed to the Marlins.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/marlins-game-vs-orioles-canceled-after-more-coronavirus-cases/

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, GatorsfortheMarlins said:

how is there no national talk of the braves giving it to us.  

I know - it seemed like we were one of the few teams with little to no exposure before that.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Selfishly I have to ask...why us? There's 30 teams... and its fucking us. Being a Marlins fan is unbelievable. 

I agree - it would be us when we finally had some positive things going on (pun intended?).

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I know - it seemed like we were one of the few teams with little to no exposure before that.

i mean i get it, but this was bound to happen somewhere at some point.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

i mean i get it, but this was bound to happen somewhere at some point.

Sure.  But just annoying that it was us.

• Like 1

The entire MLB plan of traveling to all the different team sites was never going to work well. At least NHL and NBA have hub cities that the players will basically be living in for the remainder of their season

Just now, gizmo said:

The entire MLB plan of traveling to all the different team sites was never going to work well. At least NHL and NBA have hub cities that the players will basically be living in for the remainder of their season

Yeah, MLB wanted to do that too according to the early reports but players were against it.

Just now, gizmo said:

It never made any fucking sense.

NBA has had 0 issues within their bubble.  I expect that to continue.  

I expect NHL to have the same 0 issues in their bubble.

MLB because they are stubborn idiots, argued about money instead of health protocols.  

Put money ahead of health.  

This is on both sides too.

• Like 1

I really want to see our guys again, so this season should be cancelled. It's only way to protect whole Marlins organization and their families.  

Edited by Bret Hart
  • SonOfJack changed the title to Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests
  • SonOfJack locked this topic