9/6 Post Game Thread

Michael

Yielding a runner on first rather than second makes more sense in extras.

No excuses though, plenty of opportunities in this one, runners on second with no outs in three different innings. 

This loss felt Marlinesque.

It's looking like our SP is going to be dominant for years to come. 

A bit of a fluke HR by Renfroe based on the location and the previous pitches. Overall another nice outing for Rogers. He seems more seasoned and polished than normal, though his control can be a little erratic at times.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go glass half full and consider it a blessing that we're still in legitimate contention with 3 weeks left after once again having the Rays make us look stupid. 

Hopefully Mattingly can get them to forget about today and already be focusing on the week ahead which could very well be the make or break week for this team in 2020.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm gonna go glass half full and consider it a blessing that we're still in legitimate contention with 3 weeks left after once again having the Rays make us look stupid. 

Hopefully Mattingly can get them to forget about today and already be focusing on the week ahead which could very well be the make or break week for this team in 2020.

What's crazy to me is that the Marlins actually are leaving St. Pete with a positive run differential this series. Lost two 1-run nail-biters and won a 4-run, almost-blowout game. Gotta say that's a good sign facing possible World Series team in TB.

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Why never bunt ? they just fail to score the go ahead run in the 8th inning when runner on 2nd base with no out, Donnie just trying to avoid something like that happened again in the ninth inning. 

I have more faith in Jazz hitting a fly ball deep enough to right or center fields OR pulling a grounder to the right side than putting a bunt down to the third baseman.

You also have much less chance of scoring any time you give up a run.

If we were the home team, I'd be more fine with it cause we'd really have just needed the one run for the bottom of the 9th, but top 9? No. Swing away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.