9/26: Two Playoff Bound Teams, Fish Team @ Bronx Team

3 minutes ago, Erick said:

Would be nice to get the Rays version of Stanek for the playoffs. He’s been bad here.

Stanek was a thrown in.  That was a Jesus Sanchez trade and he’s 18 months away. 

Just now, DTrain said:

Stanek was a thrown in.  That was a Jesus Sanchez trade and he’s 18 months away. 

Eh he might be more like 7, 8 months away, really.

Just now, DTrain said:

I know he was the throw-in, but he was actually pretty good for Tampa, mostly in an opener role. I don’t see why he can’t be effective in another role/inning though. Either way, he won’t be pitching in many meaningful situations in the playoffs, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

I know he was the throw-in, but he was actually pretty good for Tampa, mostly in an opener role. I don’t see why he can’t be effective in another role/inning though. Either way, he won’t be pitching in many meaningful situations in the playoffs, I guess.

I don't have anything substantial to prove it but I think it's his pre-appearance routine. As an Opener he has so much more time to do anything and everything he wants to do, out of the bullpen it's much more immediate.

Just now, canada-marlin24 said:

Hitting a home run to right field in Yankee Stadium is a joke. 

That ball went 384. It's a homer in every ballpark except ours and Fenway pretty much.

Not to keep bringing up the 2003 season..

But on that final weekend series against the Mets.. After the Marlins won 4-3 to clinch a playoff spot, they lost on Saturday's game the next day 9-3..

They won the final game.. and finished the season 20 games over .500

In this abbreviated season, if the Marlins lose today and win tomorrow.. They will finish 2 games over .500.

😂

• Like 1

What’s the worst run differential ever for a playoff team? I want to break that record and then win the World Series.

Edited by Erick