9/26: Two Playoff Bound Teams, Fish Team @ Bronx Team

Rogers at Garcia

VICTORY SATURDAY

Let Mattingly call a bunt EVERY TIME a runner is on base!

Let Matt Joyce hit cleanup!

Put Jorge Alfaro on the mound!

Let Jesus Aguilar play center field!

Who cares? We made the playoffs!

• Like 3
  • Banana 2

4 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Since the next two games don't matter, you can even put Jose Ureña on the mound and I won't even be mad!

to be fair, he's looked better than either Rogers or Garrett  = )

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

to be fair, he's looked better than either Rogers or Garrett  = )

As soon as Rogers gets the command issue taken care of (which I fully expect since he didn’t have control issues in the minors) he’s actually gonna be really good.

Garret, on the other hand throws way too slow. These days, If you don’t have enough speed to make the hitter have to over commit to protect against a fastball inside then they can stay back on everything and even if they’re out in front a bit, they can still keep their hands back and hit the off speed pitch. 

15 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Garret, on the other hand throws way too slow. These days, If you don’t have enough speed to make the hitter have to over commit to protect against a fastball inside then they can stay back on everything and even if they’re out in front a bit, they can still keep their hands back and hit the off speed pitch. 

Wait til we see Kyle Hendricks in the playoffs!

Slow can work, but it's got to come with top-notch control.

Edited by Photo-Realistic Billy
  • Like 1
Just now, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Wait til we see Kyle Hendricks in the playoffs!

Slow can work, but it's got to come with top-notch control.

Yeah but he’s like Altuve with the “I’m not tall enough to play baseball” argument. He comes to mind cause he’s an exception to what is otherwise a fact. If you’re not 6’ 2”+ or throwing 95+ then the game gets tougher for you lol

But to your point yeah you would need pin point accuracy and a lot of movement (like Greg Maddux for most of his career) 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

I'm watching via stream today cause UCF football is also on.

At the rate the UCF game is going as far as time goes, the Marlins game will end first.

How are the Knights doing?