Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Last Marlins Game on Fox Sports Florida Today

Featured Replies

Whether Marlins renew their TV deal with Sinclair or not over the offseason, today will be the Marlins last game on Fox Sports Florida.

If Sinclair does renew the Marlins contract, the network will likely be rebranded over the offseason.

In other words, it's not a foregone conclusion that Holly is gone (really the main thing we want to change lol).  If we renegotiate with Sinclair, they still own what is now Fox Sports Florida, meaning even if/when they rebrand it, the employees (i.e. Paul and Todd) will still be there unless they fire them.....

 

 

 

Maybe they'll bring Rich and Tommy back! 😛 😛

Sinclair should have made deal sooner, now they have to pay more to show the WS champs

  • Author
2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, wouldn't it theoretically be the same people, though?

If the contract is renewed, yes.

If the contract is not renewed, the only personalities that are guaranteed to be the same are Paul and Holly since they are employed by the Marlins.

5 minutes ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

If the contract is renewed, yes.

If the contract is not renewed, the only personalities that are guaranteed to be the same are Paul and Holly since they are employed by the Marlins.

Yuck.   lol

8 minutes ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

the only personalities that are guaranteed to be the same are Paul and Holly since they are employed by the Marlins.

Assuming they have time left on their deals of course, do we know for sure either is signed beyond 2020?

The biggest issue I have with Paul and Holly is that their tone of voice sounds so similar.. The first few games I watched with both of them, I had a hard time telling which voice was which..

It's nice to have some contrast in voice tones from the Play by play guy and the color commenter.. It's also nice to have color commentary guy who can give some valuable insights and isn't too annoying all the time..

Do a trade of Holly and Glen Geffner! Or bring back Boog Sciambi to the Fish!

  • Author
23 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

The biggest issue I have with Paul and Holly is that their tone of voice sounds so similar.. The first few games I watched with both of them, I had a hard time telling which voice was which..

It's nice to have some contrast in voice tones from the Play by play guy and the color commenter.. It's also nice to have color commentary guy who can give some valuable insights and isn't too annoying all the time..

Do a trade of Holly and Glen Geffner! Or bring back Boog Sciambi to the Fish!

DVH is 81 Years Young so I’d imagine he’d want to retire soon.

The main issue for Holly is that Paul doesn’t fill much time for a PBP man so it leaves Holly filling the rest of the airtime
 

My Dream Booths would be

TV: Three Man Booth

Paul Severino (PBP)

Glenn Geffner (Analyst): Would bring analytical insight and historical reference to the TV booth.

Juan Pierre (Analyst): He was very informative during the interview on how he’s helped Lewis Brinson become a big contributor to the team, would bring insight on baserunning and the style of baseball the Marlins play.

Radio

Jon Sciambi (PBP): Really enjoy his national ESPN TV and Radio telecasts. ESPN has not given him a defined role so Jeter could give him a steady role in a great organization.

Todd Hollandsworth (Analyst)

This radio booth would be a party, I think there would be great chemistry in a Sciambi-Hollandsworth radio booth and bring constant joy to the radio side, especially during blowout games when filling time can be tedious.

Edited by MarlinsFan19

30 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Assuming they have time left on their deals of course, do we know for sure either is signed beyond 2020?

No clue.  Tried to find something, but couldn't.

28 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

The biggest issue I have with Paul and Holly is that their tone of voice sounds so similar.. The first few games I watched with both of them, I had a hard time telling which voice was which..

It's nice to have some contrast in voice tones from the Play by play guy and the color commenter.. It's also nice to have color commentary guy who can give some valuable insights and isn't too annoying all the time..

Do a trade of Holly and Glen Geffner! Or bring back Boog Sciambi to the Fish!

Agreed that they're too similar, and Todd rambles on a lot.

2 hours ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

If the contract is renewed, yes.

If the contract is not renewed, the only personalities that are guaranteed to be the same are Paul and Holly since they are employed by the Marlins.

I'm like 98% certain they are both Fox Sports employees.

25 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I'm like 98% certain they are both Fox Sports employees.

I want to say Severino is FS employee, Holly Marlins employee. I believe that's how it was with Rich and Tommy, too.

26 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I'm like 98% certain they are both Fox Sports employees.

I thought so too?

I know with my Carolina Hurricanes and FSN Carolinas they were teamed controlled because they just pissed off a lot of fans for not resigning the PBP Broadcaster John Forslund

42 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I thought so too?

This article is a little unclear, but the fact an FSF president is quoted here and not a Marlins rep suggests to me he's an FSF employee, but maybe the Marlins have like veto power when a new analyst is brought on?

Quote

"We are thrilled to have Todd join our Marlins broadcast booth this upcoming season," said Steve Telleo, Fox Sports Florida SVP and general manager. "Todd returns to South Florida with a wealth of baseball expertise, and we believe his unique perspectives and experience in both television and radio will bring exciting color commentary to our Marlins telecasts."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/fl-marlins-todd-hollandsworth-1223-20161222-story.html

Marlins always claimed that it was Fox Sports that fired Tommy originally too so maybe each regional division has it own way it hires broadcasters

My guess is they're probably technically employees of FSF, but I'd imagine the team has final say (or at least heavy input) on who is ultimately chosen, as they become the voice/face of the team to the average viewer.

  • Author

Thom Brennaman had his controversy in the past month. He was the TV PBP man on Fox Sports Ohio

Ultimately, he handed in his resignation to the Reds organization.

 

Edited by MarlinsFan19

19 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

The biggest issue I have with Paul and Holly is that their tone of voice sounds so similar.. The first few games I watched with both of them, I had a hard time telling which voice was which..

It's nice to have some contrast in voice tones from the Play by play guy and the color commenter.. It's also nice to have color commentary guy who can give some valuable insights and isn't too annoying all the time..

Do a trade of Holly and Glen Geffner! Or bring back Boog Sciambi to the Fish!

It would be pretty lame to fire Paul and/or Holly just because of changing TV deals and this is coming from me who absolutely can't stand Hollandsworth's commentary. But none of this is their fault and they've done nothing to be canned. The "right" way to do this is to sign the new deal and carry over the same announce team. They can be reevaluated at a later date but don't can them only because a new deal is coming that would be awful.

And about Paul and Holly sounding alike... they actually know about this complaint. During yesterday's game as they thanked the people working behind the scenes on the broadcasts when they were discussing the audio crew Paul jokingly said "these people are the reason Holly and I sound alike." I thought that was cool. Paul has a lot of great qualities but his subtle form of humor is a plus for me.

27 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It would be pretty lame to fire Paul and/or Holly just because of changing TV deals and this is coming from me who absolutely can't stand Hollandsworth's commentary. But none of this is their fault and they've done nothing to be canned. The "right" way to do this is to sign the new deal and carry over the same announce team. They can be reevaluated at a later date but don't can them only because a new deal is coming that would be awful.

And about Paul and Holly sounding alike... they actually know about this complaint. During yesterday's game as they thanked the people working behind the scenes on the broadcasts when they were discussing the audio crew Paul jokingly said "these people are the reason Holly and I sound alike." I thought that was cool. Paul has a lot of great qualities but his subtle form of humor is a plus for me.

They could also keep Paul and ditch Holly.

Without knowing when their contracts expire, it's hard to say much.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

They could also keep Paul and ditch Holly.

Without knowing when their contracts expire, it's hard to say much.

I would support this 100%.

6 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I would support this 100%.

I've come to be ok with Paul - still like Rich (and of course, the Rich/Tommy combo) better, but Holly is annoying.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.