10/2 - Marlins at Cubs - Wild Card Series Game Two

SonOfJack

2 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

The Broadcast knows that they have, at very minimum, 5-8x the amount of Cubs fans than Marlins fans watching right now.. So of course they are going to be more favorable to the Cubs..

Except right now with the Marlins getting close to winning the series, they don't know how to react.

That doesn't matter. You still call it without bias. I've seen home team broadcasts that aren't this biased. Paul and Holly can call a Marlins loss without making it sound like death has struck the broadcast booth. There's a huge difference between rooting for a team and projecting disgust for the opposition. 

• Like 2

Just now, SilverBullet said:

That doesn't matter. You still call it without bias. I've seen home team broadcasts that aren't this biased. Paul and Holly can call a Marlins loss without making it sound like death has struck the broadcast booth. There's a huge difference between rooting for a team and projecting disgust for the opposition. 

Rich and Tommy were great at this, too.

• Like 1

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Exactly, so that's why it's funny.

I wonder if it comes from them being asked to talk very favorable about the Cubs.. Or if it's just the broadcasters personal point of view.