Nolan Arenado to Cardinals

Michael

36 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Nice for STL but I'm more curious what Colorado does next. They go full on tank mode? They could probably use a new GM and a clean slate. Tbh Mike Hill would be cool to see land a gig over there, pretty sure he got his start with Colorado way back. 

you must hate the Rockies

• Haha 1

Arenado's career splits at and away from Coors:

Home: .322/.376/.609

Away: .263/.322/.471

He is a fantastic third baseman, but but to say that I am a bit worried about how his offense will look in St. Louis is putting it lightly.

Edited by Valid

9 hours ago, Valid said:

Arenado's career splits at and away from Coors:

Home: .322/.376/.609

Away: .263/.322/.471

He is a fantastic third baseman, but but to say that I am a bit worried about how his offense will look in St. Louis is putting it lightly.

Coors Effect is not only at home but on the road as well with the "Hangover Effect" - playing a full season at normal elevations, Arenado is going to still be a very good hitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Coors Effect is not only at home but on the road as well with the "Hangover Effect" - playing a full season at normal elevations, Arenado is going to still be a very good hitter.

I don't know. A .200 difference in OPS is very, very significant. I'm not saying he is going to suddenly become a bum at the plate, but I certainly don't think he'll be posting .900+ OPSes anymore.

1 hour ago, Valid said:

I don't know. A .200 difference in OPS is very, very significant. I'm not saying he is going to suddenly become a bum at the plate, but I certainly don't think he'll be posting .900+ OPSes anymore.

.825 OPS with great defense will go a long way.

We're not talking Vinny Castilla here.