Another bullpen game coming on Wednesday

well, if the Marlins could literally just push 4 runs across a game they'd actually be pretty successful this season, even with all the bullpen games. It's defeating when they go down 2-0 and it feels like 8-0 each time. They're due for another of their random breakout games though at least.

• Like 2

This place cracks me up.  We are on our 3rd straight series without rest.  Rogers is a rookie and is on a pitch limit.  We are down Sixto and Elieser and still rank top 5 in ERA.  This is an offense problem that is widely inconsistent.  

I said it earlier, if you start a 4th or 5th rotation arm, you have to ride the wave win or loss so the bullpen can be full strength when it opens and when it closes out gms.   I think it will be detrimental to the bullpen if we don’t use a 5th arm in the rotation regardless if the bullpen is better which was never the point in the 5th spot.

The fact that they are going to skip Rogers and Coop is batting top 3 in the lineup makes me think that winning is not a priority. I mean WTF? Why not rest him near the end of the season when Sixto, Elieser, Cabrera, and maybe Meyers will be available to pick up the slack?

Edited by FishFan95
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

The fact that they are going to skip Rogers and Coop is batting top 3 in the lineup makes me think that winning is not a priority. I mean WTF? Why not rest him near the end of the season when Sixto, Elieser, Cabrera, and maybe Meyers will be available to pick up the slack?

Agreed ...

And it's Meyer, BTW, singular.

17 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

That is an option, resting him later with Sixto and all.  However, I don’t think this is an isolated problem that pertains too Rogers only, but with Sandy & Lopez as well if we need them down the stretch.

What can management do?  When they put out a 5th rotation arm, then they are not serious, when they go bullpen they are not serious.  Then when nothing is working, the crybabies start whining about who is better, the bullpen or a 5th day journey arm when the source of the problem is the lineup. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Why not rest him near the end of the season when Sixto, Elieser, Cabrera, and maybe Meyers will be available to pick up the slack?

They don't want a 2012 Strasburg situation of having to rest him when he's needed. The idea is to skip starts now so that he's available later if needed.

I've been patient with this team not rushing our hitting prospects, but pretty much everything else management is doing is bullshit... Halfway into May and we're still doing 2 bullpen games a week?  More and more I get the sense that the powers that be are not trying to win this season and the way Don throws in the towel often kinda adds to that

Next off-season needs to be big.... Our top prospects up, we go after a big name free agent or two and Don is replaced ... If not, then what the hell are they out to accomplish?  It won't be filling the seats if they still have the same type of roster next year

Edited by CyggyMarlin

24 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I've been patient with this team not rushing our hitting prospects, but pretty much everything else management is doing is bullshit... Halfway into May and we're still doing 2 bullpen games a week?  More and more I get the sense that the powers that be are not trying to win this season and the way Don throws in the towel often kinda adds to that

Next off-season needs to be big.... Our top prospects up, we go after a big name free agent or two and Don is replaced ... If not, then what the hell are they out to accomplish?  It won't be filling the seats if they still have the same type of roster next year

This isn’t a bullpen game.

It’s upsetting they’re not having more bullpen games. How many starts now for Castano/Neidert/Campbell & now Poteet? This is why we’re in last place. Well, and the offense kind of stinks.

22 hours ago, Erick said:

This isn’t a bullpen game.

It’s upsetting they’re not having more bullpen games. How many starts now for Castano/Neidert/Campbell & now Poteet? This is why we’re in last place. Well, and the offense kind of stinks.

Bullpen gms are effective when you have a full rotation with normal days off.  We are going on a 4 gm series, no days off and you’re frustrated that we had to protect the bullpen with Castano, Neidert & Poteet (5th day starters). You basically want the big 3 and bullpen gms. Can you explain how that would work?  The starters would get no rest and you couldn’t even use the pen for matchup sake. 

The offense kinda stinks?  We rank near the half bottom in every category. They are the sole reason we have a losing record. The point differential is proof of that.