5/26 Post Game Thread

A rally and a win!

Neidert with four good-enough innings followed by five pretty good ones from the bullpen, just one unearned run.

Berti with the big go-ahead hit in the 8th redeeming his earlier error.

Get the series win tomorrow! YouTube Live, 12:10 PM EST!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Kruk just went on a minor swearing tirade on Phillies postgame

And Ricky "Bottom Feeder" Bottalico just said Neidert should never...ever... go more than two full innings

They need to call us bottom feeders again.

I thought about the bottom feeders thing again the other day and people like to make that about the Marlins but from a Phillies team perspective it's a total travesty. Bottalico should have given the Marlins more respect but the Phillies should be embarrassed about how poorly they've played against a team that they swear they're better than. 

Neidert looked good last night, but I think they should option him and call up Marte for the series finale. That lengthens the bench and it would give us another strong bat into the lineup. They could then skip the spot in the rotation with the off day on Monday and have Pablo and Poteet pitch against the Blue Jays. They could then bring back Elieser in Pittsburg to fill out the rotation.

But realistically, they will have Neidert stay on the team, option Devers for Marte on Friday and then have Neidert pitch next Tuesday vs Buffalo (Toronto).

1 minute ago, Iowa said:

I love a good 11 AM game. Extra long lunch for me today! 

Let's get that 25th win! .500 after all these injuries would be a good feeling. Get through June and all bets are off

Yeah I wouldn’t bet anymore in that case either, the payout wouldn’t be as great. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I thought about the bottom feeders thing again the other day and people like to make that about the Marlins but from a Phillies team perspective it's a total travesty. Bottalico should have given the Marlins more respect but the Phillies should be embarrassed about how poorly they've played against a team that they swear they're better than. 

You have to wonder if he still actually believes the fish are that bad or if he is only still talking shit because he knows it generates interest in what he has to say. Or he's just a prick.

23 minutes ago, hovertical said:

You have to wonder if he still actually believes the fish are that bad or if he is only still talking shit because he knows it generates interest in what he has to say. Or he's just a prick.

I feel like he took that personal which is stupid. He seems defensive about it. I "understand" the point he was trying to make the day he said what he said. It's not a personal thing against him. A lot of people thought what he thought at the time.

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I feel like he took that personal which is stupid. He seems defensive about it. I "understand" the point he was trying to make the day he said what he said. It's not a personal thing against him. A lot of people thought what he thought at the time.

Oh he definitely took it personal. You could tell after last season when he said it's pathetic a team "needed" to be spurred on by someone saying what he said. In addition, also suggesting he be compensated for using his words on shirts, etc. My question is does he trash other teams too or does he just have some irrational hatred for the Marlins only?

32 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Oh he definitely took it personal. You could tell after last season when he said it's pathetic a team "needed" to be spurred on by someone saying what he said. In addition, also suggesting he be compensated for using his words on shirts, etc. My question is does he trash other teams too or does he just have some irrational hatred for the Marlins only?

The irony is that his team needs something like that to fire them up and they have yet to find it. And the Marlins didn't "need" it, they used it for fun and it worked. The Marlins knew they were better than that before he said what he said. It was tongue in cheek. 

14 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The irony is that his team needs something like that to fire them up and they have yet to find it. And the Marlins didn't "need" it, they used it for fun and it worked. The Marlins knew they were better than that before he said what he said. It was tongue in cheek. 

We're not far off record-wise than we were through 49 games last season. In fact, only one game worse!