Conine Showing Big-Time Power at High-A Beloit

6 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Yes, but he's still striking out at a 42% clip if I'm not mistaken.  He's gonna have to cut that down.  His power is special though. 

I stand corrected.  The blog says 35.6%.  Still on the high side though.   

12 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I stand corrected.  The blog says 35.6%.  Still on the high side though.   

i yearn for the days of old when baseball wasn't built around the whole 3 true outcomes.  it really has made the game more boring.  I still love baseball more than any of the other major sports but i miss the lineups build around speed and contact.  they're just more fun to watch, at least imo.  at some point it'll probably return again as things change and new tactics are embraced.  really does seem like the lighter ball this year is really depressing the offense even more by giving pitchers some extra movement. I even read that the new ball increases the exit velocity off the bat but the ball actually dies down mid-air which may explain why some of those balls that are well hit end up being caught

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Monte Harrison would yearn for a K rate that low!

He got it under 40% finally, time to circle back to the Mookie Betts comparisons.

(Don said if he figures out the hit tool ... lololololol)

43 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Monte Harrison would yearn for a K rate that low!

Serious comment, not trolling, I wish Monte Harrison could become like Tyler O’Neill. That’s his best case scenario. It’s also probably never happening. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Erick said:

Serious comment, not trolling, I wish Monte Harrison could become like Tyler O’Neill. That’s his best case scenario. It’s also probably never happening. 

If Monte wants to continue this career I could see him playing out his days in Japan or Korea. 

Edited by hovertical

27 minutes ago, Michael said:

Under the condition that he figured out the hir tool, yes.

I mean, yeah sure. If I figure out the hit, power, defense, base running, diet, exercise, motivation, and batting eye tool, I could be Mike Trout. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

I mean, yeah sure. If I figure out the hit, power, defense, base running, diet, exercise, motivation, and batting eye tool, I could be Mike Trout. 

You forgot the grit tool.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

He got it under 40% finally, time to circle back to the Mookie Betts comparisons.

(Don said if he figures out the hit tool ... lololololol)

Give him a couple days to get it back over 40%

2 hours ago, Erick said:

I"m shocked and amazed at what Tyler has done.

he has been working his nuts off the last year or so on his hitting game, truly was humbled and has been working on going the other way with the ball and making consistent contact.  Not so much focusing on all or nothing.

Power will naturally come when you have it.  Kids need to realize that.

Tyler's defense is often still shitty but if he is going to not be an all or nothing bat offensively I can live with it.

I'm honestly truly shocked at what he has done!