6/13 Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

Looks like both Dickerson and Devers are hurt.  I'd expect some moves.  Possibly Bryson Brigman coming up and or Brinson/Sanchez.  We'll  see.  I'm OK putting Dickerson on IL even if he's not hurt.  LOL

Oh, forgot about Miggy.  They'll probably just activate him for Devers. 

45 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Oh, forgot about Miggy.  They'll probably just activate him for Devers. 

That’s the whole plan.  Report fake news (Devers injury) so Isan remains on the team.  

Just kidding, but it seems that way. 

Edited by FishFry
  • Haha 1

Happy with the week...but we could have a better a record.

They are treading water and then bringing up everyone in July. It is so dumb and predictable and we have no way to push back against it.

<insert person who will argue why it makes financial sense for the Marlins to hold off bringing players up>

K. Kewl!

Edited by Major-Minor

13 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

Happy with the week...but we could have a better a record.

They are treading water and then bringing up everyone in July. It is so dumb and predictable and we have no way to push back against it.

<insert person who will argue why it makes financial sense for the Marlins to hold off bringing players up>

K. Kewl!

I don't think anyone here will argue about the financial sense - we all want to see the best possible Marlins team going forward.

2 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

For those going to the games,  bring some Pay Marte signs and make them visible during the broadcasts

Id rather create a bidding war at the deadline; wouldn’t y’all? Plus Marte is 32. Still producing but still technically not in his prime years anymore. Idk maybe I’m in the minority. 

6 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Id rather create a bidding war at the deadline; wouldn’t y’all? Plus Marte is 32. Still producing but still technically not in his prime years anymore. Idk maybe I’m in the minority. 

Nah, we have a enough prospects already. We need established hitters to go with our youth.   Sign Marte, get Gio Urshela and Contreras.  

Edited by FishFry

36 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Marte is 32. Still producing but still technically not in his prime years anymore.  

As someone who turns 50 next June, I kinda find that insulting.   I know what you mean, but still...

Edited by CyggyMarlin

11 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

As someone who turns 50 next June, I kinda find that insulting.   I know what you mean, but still...

Prime years for baseball, not for life.

In baseball years, where even the best players will usually retire around the ages of 35-40, 32 is getting up there.

In baseball, you can work really hard for 15 years then retire at 35 and you’re all set.

For the rest of us, you work really hard for 15 years then you turn 35, and guess what you still have around another 30 years of work remaining. 😂

Just now, SirFishFan said:

Prime years for baseball, not for life.

In baseball years, where even the best players will usually retire around the ages of 35-40, 32 is getting up there.

In baseball, you can work really hard for 15 years then retire at 35 and you’re all set.

For the rest of us, you work really hard for 15 years then you turn 35, and guess what you still have around another 30 years of work remaining. 😂

Not me. Gonna retire before 40. Big time goal there.

• Like 1