Jump to content

Marte traded to Athletics for Jesus Luzardo


SonOfJack
 Share

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Why?

You have the GOAT in Isan Diaz so it can never be brutal.

Yelich can’t hit anymore and your sorry ass Cardinals still can’t catch the Brewers. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smart moving Luzardo to AAA. Let him go make a couple starts and get familiar with the new organization. Last thing you want is to have him make a short turnaround start out of routine, get hit around and continue to kill his confidence. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Yelich can't hit a barn anymore so who really cares

Yeah that’s true, and at the time the return was great and I was more than happy with it. Still burns a bit cause we had a chance for a complete robbery and we got C.O.L.’d

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marlins_09 said:

Smart moving Luzardo to AAA. Let him go make a couple starts and get familiar with the new organization. Last thing you want is to have him make a short turnaround start out of routine, get hit around and continue to kill his confidence. 

Wait, does this mean Donnie was wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Erick said:

cardinalsbaseball.com needs you on their board to have a shot at the playoffs within the next decade. 

Doubtful.  

They will make playoffs again within the next 2 years, so its fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Doubtful.  

They will make playoffs again within the next 2 years, so its fine. 

Your big league team is boring, and your farm system kind of sucks so idk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

That Sandy, Gallen 1-2 punch is going to keep the cardinals competitive. 

*shrugs*

Flaherty

healthy Hudson

Liberatore coming soon

Thompson coming soon

Kim if he returns

Waino if he continues to do his thing

Mikolas if he is healthy

plenty of options in the rotation

 

Cardinals can develop pitching as seen time and again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

*shrugs*

Flaherty

healthy Hudson

Liberatore coming soon

Thompson coming soon

Kim if he returns

Waino if he continues to do his thing

Mikolas if he is healthy

plenty of options in the rotation

 

Cardinals can develop pitching as seen time and again.

Flaherty and Lib are legit. Thompson might want to take his time in AAA. Guy is getting shelled. 

Hudson and Kim, Meh. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Flaherty and Lib are legit. Thompson might want to take his time in AAA. Guy is getting shelled. 

Hudson and Kim, Meh. 

 

Hudson was a quality 2 starter at worse 3 before going down with TJ.

As long as his rehab goes well, he will be fine and slide right into the rotation where he should be.

Thompson will be fine end of day, he has improved every month this season.  Just coming off his finest start of the season in AAA.

I also do like Oviedo if he can put things together in his head.  Majorly rushed and should be in AAA all year refining his game.  Hope his learning on the fly in MLB hasnt hurt his long term progress.  

Add in some veteran starter be it Waino if he keeps doing the unreal or someone else to slot into the 4/5 spot the rotation will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Hudson was a quality 2 starter at worse 3 before going down with TJ.

As long as his rehab goes well, he will be fine and slide right into the rotation where he should be.

Thompson will be fine end of day, he has improved every month this season.  Just coming off his finest start of the season in AAA.

I also do like Oviedo if he can put things together in his head.  Majorly rushed and should be in AAA all year refining his game.  Hope his learning on the fly in MLB hasnt hurt his long term progress.  

Add in some veteran starter be it Waino if he keeps doing the unreal or someone else to slot into the 4/5 spot the rotation will be fine.

I have a hard time to see Hudson as anything more than a 4. Doesn’t miss enough bats. Even in his quality major league season, he had a 4.93 FIP. A guy who doesn’t miss bats who also has control/command issues don’t excite me much. We’ll see I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

I have a hard time to see Hudson as anything more than a 4. Doesn’t miss enough bats. Even in his quality major league season, he had a 4.93 FIP. A guy who doesn’t miss bats who also has control/command issues don’t excite me much. We’ll see I guess

its dependent on his control, it was improving last year before he went down.

a young pitcher with control issues, golly gee.

having a good defense behind you though is quite helpful.  

 

oh and alex reyes looks poised to join the rotation as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...