Lewin, DLC, Fortes, Jackson optioned to AAA, Harrison released

Admin

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Is Jordan forgetting about the big boy who can also backup at catcher?

They value defense and Astudillo doesn't do that. However I'd love it. I'd tell him swing for a triple every time and just run baby. Just run.

It would be very Marlins to have 5 catchers on the 40 man roster too. Because they don't have other problems. Like CF.

13 minutes ago, MarlinsLou said:

They value defense and Astudillo doesn't do that. However I'd love it. I'd tell him swing for a triple every time and just run baby. Just run.

It would be very Marlins to have 5 catchers on the 40 man roster too. Because they don't have other problems. Like CF.

Do they value defense? 

15 minutes ago, Erick said:

The entire OF actually.

Astudillo should probably make the team even if he’s not the backup C imo.

I don’t know how good Henry is defensively. 

Garcia is an above average RF. Considering Anderson is likely primary LF for the time being, above average. Announcing Cooper not playing OF, improvement. DeShields/Quinn. They may not hit, but they historically can defend. DLC is above average in a corner. I believe Bleday is said to be above average in a corner or neutral, and Burdick likely better. We'll see on them.

So we're at Sanchez who is certainly stick first. He may not be terrible (in a corner), but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...