4/30 Post Game Thread

3 minutes ago, Erick said:

I was an original member of the Bender Fan Club and I’m a big fan of Mel so hopefully you’re right.

I think Don should mix and match more in the 9th, but instead he likes to mix and match Jazz and Jesus Sanchez out of the lineup (which actually kinda worked tonight).

Obviously agree mix abs match you and I both agree 99%. I do think bender is closer to being elite especially what I saw tonight

32 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Yep I'd like to see Meyer in that spot for sure. Pretty wild that we were all gung-ho for Sixto a couple years ago and he's kinda now just an after thought/punchline instead. He might be that super closer though they so desperately need. 

Also, I'd like to point out that Das has been pretty quiet overall during this win streak lol.

For sure. I might be in the minority, but I’m still bullish on sixto. We had like 9-10 pitching prospects including the likes of Gallen. We’ve been pretty fortunate that only 1 (or 2 if you count Eder) is on the injury delayed timeline. 

Sixto could use this entire season for rehab/build up and still be a 24 year old prospect heading into next year. Of course, there’s the caveat of his work ethic. I can’t speak to that as I don’t have any direct info. What I do know is we’ve seen him have real success at the big league level. His stuff plays, and would play even more so in a relief role. 

I understand why some have written him off, but I’m not doing that quite yet

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pollythewog said:

He needs to throw less strikes!

Lol. I don’t think that’s his issue. Take that AB tonight against JP Crawford. Missed with the fastball, 1-0. Tries to get too cute and backdoor the slider, now it’s 2-0. 

Now Crawford can sit fastball, he turns on one and drives it into right field. 1-0 Crawford still has to respect the slider. Challenge the guy. Once you get 2-0, that’s where he gets in trouble. He doesn’t have a way to attack lefties down in the count. 

With that said, I still don’t understand how so many guys square up his sinker. Thing is 98-99 with unreal run. And it seemingly gets barreled up constantly

Just now, marlins_09 said:

Lol. I don’t think that’s his issue. Take that AB tonight against JP Crawford. Missed with the fastball, 1-0. Tries to get too cute and backdoor the slider, now it’s 2-0. 

Now Crawford can sit fastball, he turns on one and drives it into right field. 1-0 Crawford still has to respect the slider. Challenge the guy. Once you get 2-0, that’s where he gets in trouble. He doesn’t have a way to attack lefties down in the count. 

With that said, I still don’t understand how so many guys square up his sinker. Thing is 98-99 with unreal run. And it seemingly gets barreled up constantly

Agree!

now compare his zone rate last year vs this year

12 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

For sure. I might be in the minority, but I’m still bullish on sixto. We had like 9-10 pitching prospects including the likes of Gallen. We’ve been pretty fortunate that only 1 (or 2 if you count Eder) is on the injury delayed timeline. 

Sixto could use this entire season for rehab/build up and still be a 24 year old prospect heading into next year. Of course, there’s the caveat of his work ethic. I can’t speak to that as I don’t have any direct info. What I do know is we’ve seen him have real success at the big league level. His stuff plays, and would play even more so in a relief role. 

I understand why some have written him off, but I’m not doing that quite yet

I'm just pointing out that it won't really hurt us at all if he's just eternally injured - quite the change from just a couple years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

Yep I'd like to see Meyer in that spot for sure. Pretty wild that we were all gung-ho for Sixto a couple years ago and he's kinda now just an after thought/punchline instead. He might be that super closer though they so desperately need. 

Also, I'd like to point out that Das has been pretty quiet overall during this win streak lol.

Well the Marlins now have a better record than the Cardinals...

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Would you all want a six man rotation?

Sandy

Pablo

J'Daniel

Meyer

Luzardo

Cabrera

Or would we be better suited keeping the guys on five days rest and have Meyer/Cabrera and Elieser in the bullpen?

As high as I am long-term on Meyer and Cabrera, I wouldn’t want to take away any starts from the guys who are just killing it like Sandy, Pablo, and dare I say Luzardo for two guys who are as of now unproven.