Pablo, Salas + to Twins for Arraez

Michael

24 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Who cares about Salas?

Who cares about whoever that other prospect was.

Pablo Lopez is a middle rotation starter in all honesty.   So in the end, who cares, when you have the pitching depth the Marlins do, this is a deal you make.  

A reasonable post from a Cardinals fan. I agree because the fanbase can’t complain about not making a move to improve the offense and then complain about getting Arraez.

Hopefully it’s not the last move, but it’s something.

I think they can still trade another SP (like Rogers or Garrett) for a hitter. Include Garrett Cooper in a deal too, I don’t see him as a fit on the team. 

1 minute ago, The_Punisher said:

You laugh but Pablo and Arraez should have been a 1 for 1 trade. I understand the guy won the batting title but for us to throw in 2 prospects when pitchers are in demand is crazy to me. Not a bad trade for us but a poor negotiation score for Kim.

Arraez has more value than Pablo. End of story. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Arraez has more value than Pablo. End of story. 

Yep. Marlins have been shitty for so long it's why so many fans feel Pablo is worth more. If you rewind a few seasons this same convo would have taken place if BA had been traded. Pablo is a good #3 or an average #2 in a rotation who helps the Marlins once every 5 games while Arraez should be near the top of the lineup nearly every game helping the Marlins. 

And again, Salas was not even a top 100 prospect for christsakes people. Get a grip. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Good morning. @SirFishFan, please fetch him a bowl of Frosted Flakes 

You don’t pay me enough to travel to Taiwan. Actually you don’t pay me at all! I just became your unpaid intern and then virtual assistant because I was so sure that you were the Admin of this Site. Now that I found out that you’re not (unless you actually are and are in cahoots with @Michael and @Silverbullet to not tell me) I don’t even know why I’m still your assistant. Getting paid in Thumbs up, Smiles and Bananas are not enough salary to sustain me during  this inflation. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Banana 2

When asked if they were done Kim said they're always still looking to improve. That's not the clear "we're not done" after getting Segura and Cueto but it's not a no as Mariners GM recently said they were done after signing AJ Pollock, which is such a sad thing to say to your fan base. At least give a sliver of hope and don't sound like you're not even working anymore. 

26 minutes ago, The_Punisher said:

You laugh but Pablo and Arraez should of been a 1 for 1 trade. I understand the guy won the batting title but for us to throw in 2 prospects when pitchers are in demand is crazy to me. Not a bad trade for us but a poor negotiation score for Kim.

You don't want the Marlins to get more wins?

A while back I didn't think the Twins really wanted to trade Arraez and I was thinking Pablo for Kepler was the best we could do with the Twins. 

So happy Kim got this done.

As I said recently, felt like Kim had the leverage for once with Pablo and I'm glad she got what she wanted. This doesn't feel like she had to settle.

I wonder what offers other teams gave for Pablo. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Y'all remember when we apparently could have had Marsh for Max Meyer or Reynolds for Khalil Watson or something like that? Whether those rumors were true or not the point is you gotta make these trades if they make you better. Jose Salas isn't enough to make me say no to getting Arraez. 

Just you wait when 3 years from now when he's batting 8th in Japan!

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The 3rd guy in the trade is just 17 years old, an international signing in January of 2022... aka someone nowhere near contributing to the big league team. I wonder why the Twins wanted him but whatever. 

Lottery ticket - if he turns into something good, then "hey remember that guy we found?" If he doesn't then it's no problem.

7 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

So... does having both Avi and Arraez in the lineup at the same time cancel them out? Sort of like matter / anti-matter canceling out...

It certainly helps!

That said, Avi did a lot of work to drop weight and I'm willing to give him another chance.

Let's see how 220 pound Avi does.