Pablo, Salas + to Twins for Arraez

Michael

Just now, Rydawg said:

I don't hate Arrez.  There just had to have been a way to do this without including Salas.

Again, unproven prospect, didn't hit that well in Jupiter [pitchers park, so fair], hit worse in Beloit [small sample size, fair]. 20 in A+ ball. He won't be up for another two, three years probably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsprt14 said:

This is also a win because a lot of the reports were saying the Twins wanted TWO starting pitchers from the Marlins in any deal for Arraez. By only moving Pablo, we can possibly trade another SP without crippling our depth.

Great point!

Go get a CF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Again, unproven prospect, didn't hit that well in Jupiter [pitchers park, so fair], hit worse in Beloit [small sample size, fair]. 20 in A+ ball. He won't be up for another two, three years probably.

Yeah, this seems like a non issue to me. Feeling bad about trading someone who *might* be on the 2026 roster. But also might not be, because knowing the Marlins, most of their current top prospects will be either traded or fizzled out by then anyways.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The hope is Salas one day becomes the hitter that Arraez currently is…why wait around and see when you can get Arraez who has proven himself. Plus with the marlins lack of success developing hitters, I can’t believe they got away with this trade. Pablo is good, but that shoulder is a ticking time bomb. This is a good moment, be happy lol 

Yeah, get what you can get from him after a healthy season, and be glad you don't have to wait for it to have issues again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Pablo is overvalued by our fanbase. To call it a big overpay is laughable on a team with this offense 

What's laughable is thinking that a slap hitting 1st base is going to move the needle much.  Unfortunately, time will prove me right. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

What's laughable is thinking that a slap hitting 1st base is going to move the needle much.  Unfortunately, time will prove me right. 

He's a highly entertaining player who works counts and improves the offense. You'll enjoy him immediately and I won't need much time to prove me right

• Like 1