Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MarlinsChik305

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarlinsChik305

  1. Thanks. His full name is Biko Hilbert. The police said itll be on the news today most likely.
  2. Pretty cool. Congrats lots!
  3. My friend, Biko, has gone missing. My little sister goes to skool with him. Hes a real nice person. He was last seen Tuesday, with his girlfriend. Said he ran away. Maybe because of family troubles, or the chick was pregnant, but the ex of the girl is a psycho and he may have hurt them. I hope hes okay, everyone is worried sick. Most likely hell be on the news today, if you guys know of anything helpful please inform someone!!!
  4. The new SAT's are said to be easier, so why would you be releived? These people are gonna have a easier break. I do well with those kind of tests, its all about vocabulary. And math, of course.
  5. Good luck to Len. He was great in Miami. Nothing like them calls when Mike Lowell homered. Sure gonna miss those.....I wish him all the best.
  6. It's only spring training. It's only for the boss to see who can play and who can't. They know that come April, the pressure is on and they will step up to it.
  7. MarlinsChik305 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Baby, if i were a fly, id be all over you, cuz you are the s***! Guy goes up to a girl, licks his finger, touches her on the shoulder, and then touches himself (all this while she is watching him) and says: How about you and I get out of these wet clothes?
  8. Im not surprised you haven?t had an English teacher for seven years, you idiot, it actually makes sense. You are forgetting everything they taught you. And STFU about that kiddy s*** about my parents. Im not a kid, so check yourself. You can say that play s*** walking. You obviously lack the intelligence you claim you have, because none of my posts exclaim "i luvz migGy cuzz he b 4 real da coolest!!!!!". I don?t recall you being an administrator, trying to enforce law into the forums. Get it through your thick head, they are just forums, just posts, and people are taking it too far. IF I WANT TO WRITE IN CAPS I WILL. You obviously have no life, I can tell by the way you write that this forum is your life. Lord forbid that someone misspells a word! Thank you come again, you dimwit.
  9. i wish i could meet him. tear... when I went to the ST game, i manged a pic but i didnt get to meet him. congrats though.
  10. Do you think itd be sold in places like the Marlins store, Foot Locker, etc?
  11. NCAA - Florida MLB - Red Sox NBA - Celtics NFL - ----
  12. Cabrera still would feel more comfortable in the infield than anywhere else. Youre forgetting he can do anything he sets his mind to (almost anything) and hes done it once, he can do it again. He was stupendous when he was in the minors as a SS. Itll just take some getting used to. He isnt that thick, I think if he looses a little bit of weight, hell be agile enough to be a major league SS. At the moment, I dont think he is quick enough though. But we still have a full infield, Mike Lowell is still a Marlin, so lets not get ahead of ourselves. If anything does happen, well see what the boss decides.
  13. Cabrera looks to rebound With Delgado aboard, Marlins lineup should improve JUPITER, Fla. (AP) -- Miguel Cabrera will likely see more strikes this season, he'll probably see more fastballs, and he'll surely be swinging. Batting ahead of newcomer Carlos Delgado in the Florida Marlins' lineup, Cabrera figures pitchers will be reluctant to work around him the way they often did last year. "I'm not taking any pitches," the aggressive young slugger jokes. Cabrera swung at too many pitches last season, when he struck out 148 times. He had 112 RBIs but batted just .238 with runners in scoring position, compared with .375 as a 20-year-old rookie in 2003, when he helped the Marlins win the World Series. With Cabrera, Delgado and Mike Lowell batting third, fourth and fifth, the Marlins expect their order to rank among the most potent in the National League. "We can do a lot, but we don't like to talk too much," Cabrera says. "We'll just play." Last year the trio totaled 92 home runs and 296 RBIs -- but that was for two teams. Delgado hit 32 homers and drove in 99 runs with Toronto, and his presence in the Marlins' cleanup spot should force opponents to challenge Cabrera. "He thinks so," Delgado says with a grin. "He mentioned that the other day. We were joking about it. I said, 'You know what? I know you're going to swing anyway."' The Marlins have no complaints about the 21-year-old Cabrera's aggressive approach. He was an All-Star last year, his first full major-league season, and became the fifth-youngest player to have a 100-RBI season, behind only Mel Ott, Al Kaline, Ted Williams and Alex Rodriguez. Cabrera hit .294 with 33 home runs. "Not many young guys come up and do it as quick as he did," manager Jack McKeon says. "You know he's going to hit." Delgado, swinging from the left side, only figures to help the right-handed Cabrera. Along with more strikes, Cabrera should see more left-handed pitchers, and he won't feel the need to carry the offense. "It takes a lot of pressure off Miguel," leadoff hitter Juan Pierre says. "He's so young, and he was thrown in the fire where he was our main guy last year to drive in the runs. They were pitching around him, and sometimes I don't think he realized that because he's so aggressive." Delgado, 32, has a more patient approach. Since 2000 the Puerto Rican has 103 walks per season -- and 35 homers. Cabrera has walked just 93 times in 247 career games. But the Venezuelan has a career average of .285 and a slugging percentage of .497, and he doesn't turn 22 until April 13. Delgado was still in Triple-A most of the year when he turned 22. Even though the veteran slugger is 6-foot-3 and weighs 240 pounds, he was impressed by Cabrera's physique when they first met at spring training. The youngster is a sturdy 6-2 and 210. "I was very surprised to see him so big," Delgado says. "On TV he doesn't look that big. I almost have to look up. And in batting practice he's got unbelievable pop. I'm looking forward to watching him play." Playing for $370,000 this season, Cabrera represents one of baseball's best bargains. He knows his first big contract will come soon enough. And he was delighted to learn in January that the Marlins had signed Delgado to a $52 million, four-year deal. "I thought, 'That's awesome,"' Cabrera says. "A left-handed hitter with power -- he'll help not just me, but the whole team." So far the Marlins have had little chance to see what kind of damage Delgado can do. He sat out five spring training games last week as a precaution to nurse tendinitis in his left elbow. His acquisition solidified the batting order but muddled the defensive alignment, which could affect Cabrera. With Delgado entrenched at first base, Jeff Conine will battle Juan Encarnacion for one outfield job. If Encarnacion wins, he'll be in right field and Cabrera will play left. If Conine wins, he'll likely be in left field with Cabrera in right, where he's less comfortable. "I don't like it, because it's a hard position for me," Cabrera says. "But I'll play it. That's up to McKeon." Cabrera made his right-field debut during the 2003 playoffs, and the position switch hardly affected his offense. He set rookie postseason records with 12 RBIs and four home runs, including one against Roger Clemens in the World Series. He built on that success last year. But while Cabrera didn't even turn professional until 1999, Delgado has hit at least 30 home runs every year since 1997. So expect pitchers to challenge Cabrera -- at first, at least. "He's young," Lowell says, "and people are going to think he only did it for one year. After he punishes them a couple of times, they might go after Delgado." Adds Pierre: "They can't pitch around the whole lineup." Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
  14. nice one!! :arms
  15. MarlinsChik305 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    i bumped my head when i saw you. im going to need ur name and number for insurance reasons.
  16. What friend do you consider a brother? My buddy Diego If you could live any place in the world, where would it be? Honduras. So nice, cozy and friendly. Whats your favorite City? Miami, I don?t have much to choose from anyway. What color looks best on you? Black.. Name 5 words that describe you. Nice, talkative, friendly, laid back, workaholic Whats your favorite smell? Curve?hmmm Whats your favorite candy? Snickers..they rock How many houses have you lived in? 2 About how many hours a day do you spend online? Like 2. depends on the amount of homework. What color is your toothbrush? Red and black, *last* Last dream :: I was in shool and then I flew to Honduras. Weird.. Last nightmare :: my mom died. Car ride :: this morning Last time you cried :: after the nightmare Last movie seen :: boogeyman on theatres. The perfect storm on tv. Last movie rented :: I rented like mike Last book read :: pure. Awesome book. Last word said :: ?si? Last curse word said :: I hardly cuss Last time you laughed : maybe an hour ago. Last phone call :: last minute. Last CD played :: pit bull?s Last song you listened to :: gata fiera. I think trebol clan sings it. Last annoyance :: My life Last IM :: my friend Last weird encounter :: theres just so many. Last person you hugged :: Diego Last person you yelled at :: I try to keep it to a minimum Last time you wore a skirt (or shorts if youre a guy) :: wow, a long time ago. Last time you've been evil :: have I ever been? Sarcastic? :: All the time Last time you fought with your parents :: a long time ago. We have a great relationship. Last time you wished upon a star :: maybe a month ago..im not sure why I did. Played Truth or Dare :: a year ago. Are you talking to someone on AIM :: Yes, my friend
  17. pee wee herman. ill stick to my last vote. he is way too creepy.
  18. That sounds like something off a movie. I feel for her, though i cant imagine the pain. emotionally and physically.
  19. i did finally get autographs. I got Castillo's, Lo Ducas (yay!), Stokes, and some others.
  20. i read on ESPN that only if Mike Lowell leaves will Cabrera return to a spot in the infield. im not sure if that is true now, considering we have Delgado. BY THE WAY, THE BEST WAY TO ANNOY PEOPLE IS BY WRITING LIKE THIS.
  21. pretty! i gotta have it. them livestrong bands are so old. 705726[/snapback] :plain They were for a good cause....not a fashion statement. 705745[/snapback] i think i know that. thats why i have one. my grandpa died of cancer so dont even go there. im saying that im sick of seeing them everywhere.
  22. i agree that it is spring training. the other team still beats us though. i think the team isnt making a big deal about it. come april, the pressure will be back on, the guys wanna show wat they can do in front of thousands of fans. they work well under pressure, so im not sweating it.
  23. pretty! i gotta have it. them livestrong bands are so old.
  24. I already bought my tickets, thank God. I thought we sold more than 25,000. In ticketmaster, it showed me the best seats available and it was in the way upper deck. hopefully what Da Bear is saying is correct.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.