Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HelmsE

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HelmsE

  1. Damn, you have to be a Florida resident to enter the sweepstakes... No love for us out of state fans
  2. I have the entire Game 7 telecast, which I taped for posterity. I'll ask my son if he can figure out some way to share it with any who may be interested. That would be great, I'd love to have a look at it. Thanks
  3. HelmsE replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    The Wire is an excellent show. I will also second EndLine on Entourage and Extras. Entourage is one of the best shows out right now and Extras is from what I know, fairly unknown in the US, but was created by Ricky Gervais of The Office (the original Office.)
  4. This is the last thing that needs to be done right now. Our military is already stretched with troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and attacking yet another nation, whether justified or not, will do nothing but hurt America's already low image abroad.
  5. Good recap of the season so far. Considering the injuries so far throughout the season the Marlins are not in too bad of a place. Hopefully we can get a few players back from injuries and get back in the groove of things. That being said, does anyone happen to know what our record was last year at this time?
  6. Just can't get away from the injuries this year can we?
  7. This is the only board I post on and even then, I can barely keep up and contribute often. I'm not sure how some people manage to to post as much as they do here as well as keep up on other sites.
  8. I have yet to have any problems with Firefox so see very little reason to switch over. Are there any actual benefits to switching to this Safari program?
  9. Generic Nokia ring, my phone has yet to catch up with the time...
  10. US President George W Bush has held talks in Bulgaria on US plans to build a missile defence shield in Europe. Bulgaria's government, a staunch US ally, is concerned it may be left out of the plan, which would include bases in Poland and the Czech Republic. The issue has contributed to raised tensions between the US and Russia. Mr Bush also backed Bulgarian calls to free five nurses sentenced to death in Libya on charges of infecting children with HIV. Speaking at a news conference with his Bulgarian counterpart Georgy Parvanov in Sofia, Mr Bush said the nurses' release was a "high priority". Mr Bush spoke as an EU delegation was in Libya attempting to negotiate the release of the five. "They should be released and they should be allowed to return to their families," he said, adding that the US would make representations to Libya on behalf of the Bulgarian authorities. Mr Bush's trip to Sofia is the final leg of an eight-day European tour including visits to the G8 summit in Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Italy and Albania. Defence fears During formal talks with President Parvanov and Bulgarian Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev, Mr Bush thanked Bulgaria for its support in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thirteen Bulgarians have been killed in Iraq, while the country's 200-strong force in Afghanistan is soon to expand to 800 troops. More than 3,000 US troops are due to start arriving at a new base in Bulgaria in September, as part of a US policy to move many of its European forces closer to the Middle East. The former Communist bloc nation joined Nato in 2004, and became a member of the European Union this year. But Bulgaria remains concerned that despite its loyalty, much of the country would fall outside the range of the US missile shield. However, talks to include Bulgaria in the missile defence plans will only inflame tensions with nearby Russia, which views the system as a threat and a challenge to its influence in the region, says the BBC's Jonathan Beale. Russia opposes the plan, which it regards as a threat, and President Vladimir Putin has threatened to point Russian missiles at Europe in response. The US says its missile shield is not directed at Russia, but at what it considers "rogue states" such as Iran. 'Distinguished guest' On Sunday, Mr Bush received a hero's welcome in Albania, another staunch ally, and reiterated his support for a UN plan for independence for Kosovo. His sentiments were welcomed in Kosovo but rejected by a spokesman for the Serbian government, which opposes independence. The G8 failed to reach a consensus on the Kosovo issue at a summit last week. Russia remains strongly opposed to the blueprint for independence laid out in April by UN special envoy Martti Ahtisaari. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6739685.stm I'll post more on this tomorrow but it has been very interesting to see the general reaction of Bulgaria to the visit of George Bush. His visit has caused national headlines around the country as well as more or less ceased public transportation within the capital for a few days. it'll be interesting to see how Bush reacts to the statements made by Parvanov as well as se if the U.S. has takes any action on the matter of the nurses in Libya. If you guys haven't heard anything about the nurses in Libya, which as far as I know hasn't received much media attention in America, it is a very interesting case and worth looking into.
  11. HelmsE replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Great article. It still amazes me how little respect and credit that team got for winning the world series. Especially if you consider the payrolls and "buy all" mentality of some teams today.
  12. Great first half of the inning.. lets go fish
  13. I remember Rich and Tommy were mentioning that Sergio has thrown like (22/23) consecutive innings without an earned run. How amazing is that? Who would have thought that Mitre would be our best pitcher. I was looking at the game by game long and it only shows a streak of 16 IP without an ER. Where did that 23 IP come from? He gave up the runs against the Rays early on. ohh ok I see. Thanks for the correction EDIT: Actually that still only puts him at 20 2/3 IP without an ER. Not 23. He gave up the two earned runs after recording one out. Then went like 7 1/3 without an earned run. right I was counting that other run but it was unearned. my bad Either way, it's a very impressive streak and it's great to see him stepping up with the injured state of our staff as it is.
  14. HelmsE replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Just finished up work and am in a pretty damn good mood myself. Just about time to go have a beer on the balcony
  15. HelmsE replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    The Outfield - "Your Love"
  16. HelmsE replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Best songs from the 80's... Discuss
  17. Although you never like to see a guy get drilled with a pitch, it happens. Retaliation pitches are simply a part of the sport and in most cases done tastefully and without malice.
  18. Meh... I couldn't see this being all too popular in the States or Europe for that matter. The drinking age laws in Europe are rarely followed anyways so I don't see much of a niche for powdered alcohol
  19. Good article although for the time being I'm more than happy having Gregg as our closer. He has a great mentality, goes after hitters, and so far has yet to disappoint. I do like Lindstrom in the long run but for now I think it's best to keep Gregg out there until he does something to prove he isn't right for the job.
  20. This is just sad, plain and simple. I don't even know what more to say
  21. Got out of another one... good to see
  22. Scotty is looking lost out there tonight..
  23. Woo! Internet is back after the thunderstorm... let's hope it stays for the entire game... Go Fish
  24. HelmsE replied to HelmsE's topic in Off-Topic
    Those doner kabobs are out of control. When I was in munich (there are alot of turks in germany) they have those stands every where. Its one of the best things I have eaten. Have you done the sheesha? Do they even do that there or is that just egypt? I will make it to istanbul in the next 2-3 years. I just have some places ahead in line (Moscow, London, Lima/Machu Pichu, Paris) Yeah, there are duner kabob stands in the major cities here in Bulgaria which I'm a big fan of. I just need to find a way to get one in my little town. Sheesha is very popular in Turkey as well. It's a very social thing for them. I ended up buying a hookah and brining it back with me. Incredible. Istanbul really looks like an amazing place to visit. Wasn't the Hagia Sofia like the biggest building in the world at the time of it's building? I believe it was the biggest at the time of construction although I'm not 100% certain.
  25. Mitre deserves it. 10 starts and an ERA under 2 is incredibly good. It's a shame he isn't getting the wins that usually come along with great pitching but encouraging nonetheless.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.