Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pnino

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pnino

  1. Clueless. I was born in the US. I'm a first generation American raised by Dominican parents. I moved to the DR when I was twelve and returned when I was 19. If I were in AROD's shoes, I would have picked the DR to play for too. Baseball means so much more to Dominicans than to Americans. I don't expect you to understand. But I played baseball more in the DR than I ever did here b/c it is what we did there. I am sure it is what AROD did to. So I understand and could care less if you do. Look at the American team. It could be so much stronger if the American players cared. Only a handful do. Notice that the Dominicans are stepping over each other to play. That is the difference. You don't understand. Playing for the DR brings a lot more pride and emotion b/c of what baseball means to us. Americans always have football as their first love. So if you don't like it, live w/ it. Like it or not Arod made the right decision. You just can't stand the fact that he is not playing for you. I hope you feel the same way about all the other American players that chose not to play in the Classic b/c of their indifference to it.
  2. Dave Roberts, OF - Giants Giants released outfielder Dave Roberts. Fantasy spin: San Francisco opted to eat his $6.5 million salary rather than keep Roberts around as a fifth outfielder. He should have little trouble latching on with a contending team, although his days of seeing regular starts are over. Here is our 4th OF. Can be signed for the minimum, right?
  3. More so than the Hermida thing, the team's defense has started off looking HORRIBLE. Understanding that it is still early in ST, it still is worrisome to me that the defense has started out looking this bad. Hope this not a foreshadowing of what the defense will look like this upcoming season.
  4. Will this topic ever die? :banghead :pullhair
  5. Very happy w/ this signing. So lets recap: Perez, Redding, Hernandez. Nothing much worth worrying about. They didn't sign another ace to sure up that top five. I like it for us. We still have a stronger top five then they do.
  6. Fantastic Recap, Fanfish. Really clarifies for those of us who got lost in the frustration of it all. Anyway, I am very happy w/ the results as I was extremely doubtful that it would pass. But instead we got the meeting moved, which is not a no. I'm happy. Sarnoff does bring up some valid points. Those areas need to be revisited and ironed out considering the changes. And yes, he did go about it wrong. But it still needs to be addressed. I hope they can now work it all out and we can have our stadium next month. I'll be here hoping and praying. :crossfingers :pray
  7. So he has AIDS. I have asthma. That is his business and we shouldn't be discussing it. That is his business. Millions of people suffer from ailments that we've never heard of and it doesn't make the front page. His situation should be no exception.
  8. Did anyone go to the 3 o'clock Town Hall meeting? That was funny. A lot of joking around. Yes they were ragging on Cody a lot. It was like a mini comedy session. Funny story Sampson shared. He said that, whjle making the schedule for the upcoming year, teams get to select who they will play during the season. And the Mutts FO specifically asked not to play against the Fish this year apparently b/c they don't want us to knock them out of the playoffs one more time. That was really funny. Also, Hanley apparently couldn't use the microphone. When trying to speak in to it, it wouldn't work. But if he passed it to the next guy, it would work fine. Every time he tried to speak, the microphone wouldn't work. If he passed it to the guy next to him, it would work fine. It was like a comedy skit. He kept trying to speak, but couldn't. EVeryone was laughing. That was a lot of fun for me. One more thing. During the Town Hall meeting, some fool yells Lets Go Mets. Sampson and some of the players gave the guy a look of death and people started booing that person. What an idiot. Fish fans all over the place and he tries to yell lets go mets. Fool. I made it to 400 posts. Wooohoo. :woohoo
  9. I agree w/ Eric. This is plain silly. Predicting injuries? C'mon. What is next? Predicting car accidents, divorce, high blood pressure? These guys really have too much time on their hands.
  10. Gotta go see Johnny Ventura. Grew up listening to that man. Love'm. :dancehead
  11. On paper, Uggla for Cain is a no brainer, but how do we replace Dan's production? U replace him w/ ...... Bonifacio??? :blink:
  12. Interesting that two of the three teams mentioned as being interested are in the NL East. I wonder how much truth there is to this? Can't see the Nationals as being a fit since they see to be set in the OF. And the Mutts have stated time and time again that they won't sign Manny. Guess we're gonna just have to see how this pans out.
  13. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/02/dodgers-make-se.html Manny Turns Down Dodgers' Second Offer By Drew Silva [February 3, 2009 at 1:33am CST] 1:33am: Ramirez has turned down the Dodgers' one-year offer, Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports. Hernandez lists the New York Mets, San Francisco Giants and Washington Nationals as teams that are monitoring Ramirez' market. The Dodgers could find themselves in a bind if Ramirez receives a multi-year offer from another club. If Ramirez is offered what he considers a fair deal, sources close to him say that he wouldn't grant the Dodgers a chance to match it, forcing the Dodgers to go into Spring Training without their only star attraction and reliable run producer. Hernandez believes the Dodgers could possibly pursue free agent outfielders Adam Dunn or Bobby Abreu if they don't re-sign Ramirez. 9:11pm Monday: ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports
  14. I think it is great. The Mutts committing 12 million for Perez, overpaying again, and quite possibly eliminating the chance of Manny signing there. As long as they keep Manny far far away from the Mutts organization, I'm good. :arms
  15. It is hit or miss as to who will be there. That type of stuff isn't announced. It all depends on who decides to show up. My experience in the past is that most of the players show. But if ur looking to see Hanley there, its gonna be a gamble. And even if he is, he'll probably be swamped. I'm sure many on this board will agree that it may not be the best place to get up close w/ the players. But it still, IMO, is more for the event than any individual player. Gonna take both my kids and just make it a day.
  16. Totally agree w/ you guys. I love coming to this board and learning about the arbitration process and everything else regarding signings and drafting (still can't get my grasp around the Rule 5 draft though). I knew nothing of how it worked prior to coming on to this board. As a casual fan, I would have TOTALLY misinterpreted this piece. It is such crap that this type of twisting takes place against the organization, contributing to more disenchantment from casual fans. But I'm ok w/ this now than I would have been before. The Fish are staying in South Florida. So let them hate for years to come. I'm actually enjoying the fact that the haters continue to twist our story. It gonna be so much more satisfying when we take their precious favorites and kick all of their asses. Don't care if they focus on our weak attendance or our managements style. Our Fish are here to stay so I take a great deal of pride in that we have true talent up and down this team.
  17. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_fla HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- For health reasons, the Marlins are blocking Anibal Sanchez from competing for the Venezuelan team in the World Baseball Classic. Although Sanchez is able to pitch now and he projects to be in the rotation, Florida sent paperwork to Major League Baseball late last week, preventing the right-hander from competing in the Classic. Sanchez underwent right shoulder surgery in June 2007, and he was limited to 10 starts and 51 2/3 innings in '08. Teams have a say with their players if there are medical issues. "We submitted the form to baseball late last week, which is what they asked us to do, and that's where we're at," Marlins president of baseball operations Admin Beinfest said on Monday. "We talked to him, and he knows. Our plan is to not have him pitch." The Marlins on Monday kicked off their Caravan week at a luncheon at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in South Florida. Sanchez, who has been training in Jupiter, Fla., the past three weeks, attended the event. The Maracay, Venezuela, native is focused on the season, not the Classic. "I just want to be ready for my season," Sanchez said. "I feel good." Someday, Sanchez wants to represent his country, but he says that will have to wait. "I agree with the team. I'm not going to the World Baseball Classic," Sanchez said. "I know and understand the situation. I had the surgery. I tried to keep working in Venezuela, and they said no. I'm happy. I'm going to go to Spring Training healthy." Sanchez turns 25 on Feb. 27. He is expected to be ready to pitch when the Marlins open Spring Training on Feb. 14 at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter. Sanchez is a front-runner to be in the rotation. The Marlins are trying to get him sharp and ready for the season, which is why they want to work with him instead of having him pitch in the Classic. Florida is hopeful Sanchez regains the form that made him a standout in 2006. In his rookie season, he was 10-3 with a 2.83 ERA in 18 games with 17 starts. The highlight of his career was tossing a no-hitter against the Diamondbacks on Sept. 6, 2006. Sanchez made two appearances pitching Winter League ball in Venezuela before the Marlins shut him down. "I know my career is here. I want to pitch here," Sanchez said. "The Classic and Venezuela are important, because it's my country. I've got my family close. For the Classic, I'd represent my country. That's something I've never done before, and someday I want to do it. But it's not my time right now. My time now is to get ready for the season."
  18. http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/st/archives...reach_term.html The MetsNew York Mets have reached agreement with Oliver PerezOliver Perez on a three-year, $36 million contract that will be finalized when the left-hander passes a physical, the Post has learned. The Mets now know the likely composition of their rotation with Perez joining Johan SantanaJohan Santana , Mike PelfreyMike Pelfrey , John MaineJohn Maine , and either Tim Redding or Freddy Garcia, who is trying to work his way back from injury. This all but assures that Pedro MartinezPedro Martinez will not be returning to the team. The Mets had been haggling for a while with Perez's representative, Scott Boras. But in the end, Perez received neither a fourth year on the contract nor even an option year for a fourth year. When the offseason began, Met officials debated between spending their big starting pitching dollars on either the dependability of Derek Lowe or on retaining Perez. Those who favored Perez -- and there were many within the organization -- liked that he was still just 27, has not been bothered by pitching in New York and that if he ever fully harnesses his stuff he has top-of-the-rotation ability. Lowe ultimately signed with the Braves for four years at $60 million, which was way beyond what the Mets were willing to do for a starter. That pushed them back to Perez, and now the Mets will hope that the lack of focus or lack of maturity or whatever it is exactly that detours Perez from consistent excellence will melt away. Perez went 10-7 last year for the Mets in 34 starts with a 4.22 ERA. He allowed just 167 hits in 194 innings, but walked 105, the most in the majors. Perez joins Francisco Rodriguez and J.J. Putz as the Mets' major additions of the offseason. And it is probable now that the Mets are done with significant acquisitions, even as there are plenty of calls for them still to add a run-producing bat, possibly that of Manny Ramirez.
  19. IDK, but I do see the Nats as having better offensive production this year. I believe Milledge has consistently shown improvement the past two years and will have a very good year in 09. In addition, I also see Dukes make major contributions to that offense if he can get his head on straight. Maturity should help settle him down. This one two punch, i beleive, will greatly improve the offensive production of that team. Add Willingham, and they are much better offensively this team. I don't think people are appreciating the level of talent in that OF.
  20. I thought this was really funny. As much as I hate Mutts fans, I gotta give it to this small crowd for making some noise on behalf of their team. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...begging_br.html Mets fans take to the streets begging brass to sign Manny Ramirez Chants of "Man-ny! Man-ny!" drowned out the sound of traffic zipping up Sixth Ave. Thursday night as rabid Mets fans gathered outside SportsNet New York's studios and mugged for the cameras, imploring the Wilpons and Omar Minaya to bring free agent Manny Ramirez to Queens. The "Million Manny March" boasted only about 40 people, but they were screaming on behalf of Mets fans everywhere when they talked about the heartache of the past two seasons - a heartache they're certain Ramirez can cure. "He's got the skill set we need, and the attitude and swagger to play in New York," said Justin Killian, a 36-year-old lawyer who helped organize the rally on nyfuturestars.com. "He'll be like the rain man, just go up and hit." Bat Ramirez third or fourth in the Mets' lineup, the diehards agreed, and all the pressure will be lifted from the shoulders of Jose Reyes and David Wright. "Wright thinks himself to death," Killian added. "Manny won't think. He might forget his pants, but he'll give you four hits a game." Kieran Klinge, a 24-year-old legal assistant who grew up on Long Island but now lives in Washington Heights - Ramirez's old neighborhood - said Manny would have no problem returning home. The big stage and all the media would only serve to heighten the Myth of Manny, Klinge said. "It's just a whole other level, it would be perfect for him," Klinge said. "He'll fit in great. He has the personality and the care-free attitude for it." Dressed as if they had just raided the Mets' equipment room and holding signs skyward as they pressed up against the glass during SNY's early-evening sportscast, the fans also encouraged Minaya to bring Pedro Martinez back. "Have Manny and Pedro put the band back together," Killian said, "and go on a mission from God."
  21. "They hope to be able to play in a 37,000 seat, retractable-roof stadium by Opening Day 2012. It will include 1,000 standing room only tickets." I found this interesting. Standing room only tickets. :mis2
  22. Garcia lands with Mets January 22, 2009 Freddy Garcia is a Met. The righthander agreed to a minor-league deal with the Mets tonight, the Daily News has learned. It's believed he can earn as much as $8 million to $9 million if he makes the team and reaches all of his incentives. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/2009...-with-mets.html
  23. I've been thinking. Why would Samson say something so extreme. I'm trying to run it through my mind. Maybe something went on between Pudge/his agent and our front office that soured a possible deal? Hmm. :mis2
  24. WHY ARE WE WRITING IN ALL CAPS? :pullhair

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.