Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mave

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mave

  1. This is sort of off topic and might sound dumb but is there any reason why Niner doesn't play in right and Cabrera in left? It seems like Cabs is having way too much trouble in right...
  2. And Nunez isn't even our best player off the bench. Why isn't anyone complaining about Cordero not getting any starts? Umm, let's see. That's a tough one. Could it be that Cordero has a .091 BA so far? The whole arguement on getting Nunez in the lineup is that he hasn't gotten enough at-bats to prove himself, right? Well, you could say the same for Cordero. He's started what? 2 games? Face it, you bought into the whole Nunez ST hype and are now realizing that ST performance don't mean sheeeeeeit. So I guess we should ignore the fact he's hitting .300 for the season? In what 10-12 AB? Gimme a break. I still don't think that's enough grounds to give him some starts yet. Sorry :confused
  3. And Nunez isn't even our best player off the bench. Why isn't anyone complaining about Cordero not getting any starts? Umm, let's see. That's a tough one. Could it be that Cordero has a .091 BA so far? The whole arguement on getting Nunez in the lineup is that he hasn't gotten enough at-bats to prove himself, right? Well, you could say the same for Cordero. He's started what? 2 games? Face it, you bought into the whole Nunez ST hype and are now realizing that ST performance don't mean sheeeeeeit. I'll tell you what though, I wouldn't object to Nunez being in the line up down the road if Niner continues to slump. Guys, if Nunez is so good, don't you think Jack would have him in the lineup everyday? Come on now, I'm not knocking the guy or have nothing against him, but he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup regularly for now.
  4. I expect Conine will get the start tomorrow. But also wouldn't be surprised to see Abraham again in the Phillies series. I would be extremely suprised to see Nunez in the series against the phillies, since Niner is a Phillies killer. And Nunez isn't even our best player off the bench. Why isn't anyone complaining about Cordero not getting any starts?
  5. Toss Nu?ez out the window! He can't bat, he can't defend, he lied about his age, and he complains. Trade him to the highest bidder for some pitching. Wow! your an idiot.. no i'm not. I don't like dishonesty and complaining from players. He was a spark in the Spring Training pan. Ahhh.... The expression is "flash in the pan" Anyway, Nunez is hitting .300......so it is a bit premature to say he won't do well for us. And even more premature to say he is gonna do something for us. The whole Nunez should get some starts discussion has been beaten to the ground. Here is the bottome line. He's earned a spot on the roster, and nothing more. I expect Niner to be back in the lineup by tommorow.
  6. You know what Nunez deserve at bats to prove wether he sucks or not.He hasn't gotten enough at bats to come up with a conclusion.Conine bat speed is no where near where it should be be.Conine might be still under affect of the Sinus which might explain his slow start.It just time to see what the hell can Nunez do. Sure he went 1-3 with 2 strike outs but he needs more at bat in order to be really evaluated. Not at the cost of a regular starter's spot. Nunez will just have to be satisfied with his occassional starts here and there for now unless someone in the OF goes down with an injury.
  7. I am very annoyed with them. 80% of the time they show Devil Rays games anyway. Lets see... show the defending World Series Champs, or a team who finished with the 2nd worst record in baseball last year. Does it matter? As long as the game is on FSN or PAX, I don't care. 150 games on TV is a lot, and we already got 4 of the 12 games that are not going to be shown on TV out of the way. My hat goes off to both FSN & PAX for excellent coverage set up for this season. I don't remember a season where there were there was this many games televised, or may I being a homer? Wow, even better. If my calculations are correct, 146 of the remaining 151 games will be shown on TV. That's great.
  8. I am very annoyed with them. 80% of the time they show Devil Rays games anyway. Lets see... show the defending World Series Champs, or a team who finished with the 2nd worst record in baseball last year. Does it matter? As long as the game is on FSN or PAX, I don't care. 150 games on TV is a lot, and we already got 4 of the 12 games that are not going to be shown on TV out of the way. My hat goes off to both FSN & PAX for excellent coverage set up for this season. I don't remember a season where there were there was this many games televised, or may I being a homer?
  9. Admin's right.
  10. Impressive stuff...but 8 games in Im not prepared to agree with those grandiose statements. I agree. It's great that the team is playing this good, but it's way too early to really make any assumptions on what kind of a year a player is gonna have based on 8 games. It's a long season. But, so far, I'm very impressed by the whole team, in general.
  11. I've had a dish for 6 months now, and my signal has gone out once, maybe twice. Alkazoid is right, the whole losing your signal thing is waaaay exaggerated.
  12. Mave replied to TheFish's topic in Miami Marlins
    4 months isn't long at all, i havent cut my hair in like a year or something, maybe more.
  13. Mave replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    I have a good source who is trying to broker a deal with the team. The site is to be donated to the team and the funding gap is to be filled. The location permits for other governmental permitting to be taken care of in an expedited fashion. However, the Marlins are dragging their feet. I cannot tell you the site because it is bound by a confidentiality agreement, but it's the Marlins, not the local government, that are blowing this! Let's say by May 1st, no stadium deal goes through...think you could fill us in on this insider info you have by then?
  14. Guys, don't worry. The game WILL be on PAX. This happened last time when the game was on PAX, the DirecTV guide has a glitch or something and didn't have the marlins game listed but it did come on. Just tune in at 3:00 to your local pax (Channel 34 I believe) and it should be on. Also, I had no idea DirecTV had a free MLB Extra Innings preview going on. :o
  15. There should be no reason why people got more than 1 ring. PPS officials didnt plan this right and b/c of that some people who got there early and deserved to get one got shut out. If you give people the opportunity, they will get more than 1 and thats what happened. You're totally right.
  16. How about Nunez in for Conine and Eisley in for Sea Bass?
  17. That's a lot dude, you must have like 80 recievers connected, why so expensive? My DirecTV service is only about 40 a month, and I have 4 recievers.
  18. Ah, that actually looks pretty cool. I wish I could of grabbed one.
  19. Lets all send Emails to ESPN and Fox and who ever and let them know that The Marlin Nation wants more media attention. What the hell? They win the world series and they can't get their games to be shown on ESPN. I have Direct TV and I still only get like 2 or 3 games a week, And im paying 167.00$(give or take a few bucks) I could care less about watching the Yankees getting spanked by the White Sox or the Tigers whooping up on Minnesota. I want Marlins, and Im paying to see them and I STILL CAN' T SEE THEM! WTF!? I will NOT pay for the MLB.TV Bull, when it's the same as MLB Extra Innings AND I can't watch them on my big TV. Screw Houston and The Philles and SCREW the Yankees. Are you paying 167.00 for MLB Extra Innings or just DirecTV service?
  20. First of all they are great keysakes! Not some plastic piece if crap, Loria did the fans right with them. Thank you Jeffrey once again for showing South Florida what a class guy you are. Second, I really liked watching the Phils pretending nothing was going on. lolololol Third, the people behind us didn't get rings and were trying to buy one off people who did. They started at $10 and by the ninth they were up to offering $50 for one. No one took the bait. Well, that's good that they're not cheap. From the pictures I saw online, they looked pretty crappy, but then again I did not get a chance to see the actual rings in real life.
  21. I'd take Mark Redman anyday. He was probablly the most consistent starter in our rotation last year. No offense to Darren Oliver, as I'm sure he'll do his job and be productive in this rotation, but Mark Redman is a much better pitcher.
  22. Fans were screaming for Choi when he came up late. 45,000 people screaming "Hee Seop Choi...Hee Seop Choi...". He must have felt on top of the world. The fans were great tonight. Anyone who says there's no baseball fans in South Florida have their heads up their butts. Yeah, that was awesome tonight. The Crowd loved Choi. I even heard some people chanting "Chop Chop Choi". Whateve works.
  23. I got there at 5:10, and they were already gone. People were fighting for some cheap plastic? Unbelievable.
  24. does anyone know if you can redeem for your krispy kreme donuts if you printed out your tickets using ticketfast?
  25. Mave replied to BIG Z's topic in Miami Marlins
    ill be there sec 209 row 5

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.