Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Teal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr. Teal

  1. I'm going to be receiving a school refund of about $1,100 in mid-February, and I've given serious thought to blowing it on either a PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360. For someone who's never really played video games in the past (but likes the idea of playing), which system would you guys recommend?
  2. I just hope that the constant starting and stopping (in terms of throwing routines) throughout the offseason won't screw him over before Opening Day. With the rotation as is, and the expectation of success this year, I'm sure Wiley and everyone else will be keeping an extremely close eye on him and the others.
  3. I've seen a not-so-attractive friend of mine play with her tongue ring enough at work to ever date a girl who has one.
  4. Reynolds saying that we have the best pitching staff in all of baseball surprised me a little bit, and it was nice to finally hear them turn our "attendance issue" into a positive.
  5. He seems like a really cool, humble guy. Reynolds definitely mispronounced his name, but I'm sure he'll get enough practice saying it during the regular season.
  6. 2009 - The Underdog Bites Back 2009 - The Year of the Upset 2009 - Success for Pennies on the Dollar 2009 - Don't Call it a Comeback 2009 - Less Filler, More Thriller
  7. It kind of sucks to see the guy go, but I'm excited to see what kind of trade the F.O. will pull off as a result.
  8. Defense wasn't great and injuries were constantly plaguing him, but who else is going to spike the baseball?
  9. Any trade involving Armando Benitez (a second time) or Jorge Julio should be stricken from the record.
  10. Great news. I hope he can get the pressure of the contract out of his mind on Opening Day next season and add another one to the shelf (in addition to some others).
  11. Those new Washington uniforms are horrible. I know they're based in the nation's capital, but Uncle Sam's the only guy who can pull off that many stars and stripes. As for the Orioles, I'm glad they're finally repping their state. About time that awesome Maryland state flag made it onto a uniform that isn't purple.
  12. I was under the impression that Peavy's AL list was rather short, but I guess the league's largest payroll has a funny way of changing those feelings. Yankee fans turn into spoiled children during the offseason, in need of some serious placation from their rich father. I'm sure it must be nice knowing that your team's F.O. can just throw money at a problem, but I like the idea of suffering for a few years for the sake of talent development. I suppose being a Marlins fan has turned me into a content defeatist.
  13. The Tigers are supposedly interested in Hoffman, although I'm sure there will be other teams courting this guy pretty soon. Lindstrom in '09.
  14. While every letter supporting the new stadium is much appreciated, it doesn't exactly speak well for the good people of Miami when an outsider (from Minneapolis, no less) feels compelled to express himself, suggesting he doesn't see enough going on with the issue. I've written dozens of letters to just about every party/media group involved in the debacle, but I sincerely hope that others are doing the same.
  15. Ford and Chevy have just paid for the rights to those images for use in their new commercials. Claimed they were more patriotic than cowboys and boulders.
  16. If our outfield consisted of Jesus, Moses, and the Dalai Lama, we still wouldn't be able to get the stadium filled. Um, Jesus was Black; Moses was white; and the Dalai Lama is Indian. Since they aren't Hispanic, they clearly would not increase attendance. I've got all three of their bobbleheads.
  17. We're the only team in Major League Baseball with cheerleaders. He's an old (and most likely horny) businessman. Seems like we've got about twenty bargaining chips.
  18. Is Raynor really as good as some of the people on this board say he is? I'd like to see McPherson prove himself after his disappointing ST.
  19. I voted Gregg, but I'm much more excited about our possible return for Olsen, especially if he ends up in Texas. I like that the organization didn't waste any time in getting the Jacobs-Nunez deal finalized. Should be an exciting off-season.
  20. Good stuff. I guess San Francisco didn't tempt our F.O.
  21. I'm not all the confident in Olsen, but maybe the last two games have lit a fire under his ass. Last game of the season, Scotty, and most likely your last one in that beautiful teal-accented jersey. Make it memorable one (the good kind). Go get 'em, Sweaty-O!
  22. Come on, Volstad. Not looking sharp at all tonight.
  23. Nice work battling out of it. Thats why I love Volstad - he has great composure and seems to work out of trouble often. Agreed. He's going to be even more amazing next season. He never seems to let big hitters bother him.
  24. Let's try to settle down now. And tack on about, twenty more runs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.