Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlin2266

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlin2266

  1. If Al was a real man, he would retire 802098[/snapback] Yeah, because real men are quitters right? 802112[/snapback] That's not what I meant. Real men do know when it's time to move on. He's made a small fortune in his career, and I'm sure he can see that he's not doing what we brought him here for (pitch 5 strong and provide leadership to the young'uns). He also has a bit of an attitude about him, which i do not care for. Whatever, I do not see him pulling out of his slump, and it would be downright embarrassing (to him) to be demoted to the pen in a mop-up role. That's what's gonna happen if he doesn't man-up & retire.
  2. MM was pretty bad, but I loved hearing Boog again. He plays sweet music - Hey, maybe we can get ESPN to hire Leiter - like NOW. If Al was a real man, he would retire and alleviate us of the salary he does not deserve. I dread his next start..............
  3. .....some guy named Beckett is going tonite.
  4. This appears to be the perfect solution, but I'm with M2003 on all the loose ends. The Marlins need parking revenue and in-stadium advertising revenue. btw, I'm one of those Cutler Ridge fans & I used the ParkNRide from Dadeland last week for the first time. It makes sense and saves $$$ - but there were only 4 people on the bus. C'mon fans - you gotta show interest or the county will stop the service.
  5. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Dade is offering monetary support - Broward offered zippo.
  6. Delgado. Tempted to vote for Willis, if not for his throwing error Sat nite which led to Mets run.
  7. I don't expect this to be a polular suggestion, but here goes - Trade Carlos Delgado for prospects. Fill the gap this year (and maybe next) with Niner, while we either groom a minor leaguer or locate an ample, affordable replacement. Delgado would net us at least 2 front-line MLB ready prospects, plus free up his contract money (still around $52MM) for stadium funding. Hard times call for hard choices - I'd rather have a team and no Carlos than the team in LV. I am 100% open to better ideas, but I don't see any. Loria is maxed out, Miami is maxed out, Dade is maxed out, and Tally doesn't care. ****Puts on bulletproof vest****
  8. Good Article.. I hope we can get this stadium deal done, I dont know what I am going to do without the Marlins! 777776[/snapback] Watch the Rays?.... :whistle 777839[/snapback] The Who????? :headscratch :shifty 777872[/snapback] "....starting in Right Field - batting eighth - Roger Daltry!!!!!!!!!! And on the mound tonight, righthander - Pete Townsend!!!!!!! And now fans, please remove your caps and observe a moment of silence for Keith Moon & John Entwhistle.......... Thank you - and Play Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  9. Mike is in the nosebleed seats
  10. Has Degado had a day off this year? Maybe stick Niner in there since he's hitting......
  11. waytogo Steve!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Look for K Green to lay one down & test Miggy. In Cabrera I trust!
  13. I believe 19 will be retired, for both Conine (who wore it 93-97) and Lowell (99+). Not unprecedented - NYY retired 8 for both Yogi and Bill Dickey. 19 will be the first number retired in honor of players who wore it as Marlins (joining 5 for Carl Barger and 42 for Jackie Robinson).
  14. Hear me out. At this point, Carlos seems to be a latter-day version of DLee. Sure, he's piled up decent stats overall, but at clutch time late in the game, he seems to disappear. The only key "difference-making" hit late in a game that I can recall is Carlos going yard to extend (ATL?) before we lost in extras. He seems most productive in those cluster-run innings, where he singles or doubles in the middle of a 4 run inning. Sure, I know I've gotta build a tolerance for a guy who's going to strike out a lot, & he's certainly gotta have time to adjust to NL style pitching, but I'm getting that "DLee feeling" every time he comes to the plate with the game on the line in the eighth or ninth. Not a hater here - just a little disappointed so far. Anybody else feel this way??
  15. Gawd - I would hate to be the RFer looking up into that superstructure to track a flyball. busy busy busy And that's probably looking west - imagine the odd shadows at sundown.
  16. Someone told me at the game last night that Beckett is Papa John's "pitcher of the month" and if he gets the win, you can re-deem your ticket for a free pizza within 48 hours. Is this true? (Not much healthier than doughnuts, but I'll take it anyway....).
  17. Cox is cool. I met him last year. Surprising fact - Coxy is bi-lingual. He managed/coached in Mexico for several years.
  18. Good comment 88. Repeat cool-down & warm-up are important factors to consider.
  19. That design in the OF is freakin' me out. Then again, last year's sunburst design affected me the same way.
  20. I disagree. Pitching coach Tom House has said that today's pitchers can't go long innings because they don't grow up "playing catch" so much anymore. Too much else going on with video games, school, etc to spend idle hours just throwing & catching, like in the old days. This doesn't get solved just cause they start going long in the minors - it's an ir-reversible cultural shift. Let's pray Jack doesn't burn out any of our studs (like he did Spooney in '03).
  21. BM - yes, it's pretty good. It starts at 6:00 and lasts about 45 minutes. They show some videos and have 2 guest speakers (a Marlin player and usually a female baseball executive or insider). Also a drawing for door prizes and (sometimes) a drawing to throw out the first pitch that night. Families can come, including men, as long as there's a lady with them. There are seats, but usually the men stand at the back. It is held on the club level (around Sec 242), so it's nice in the AC. Just tell the door attendent your are going to Ladies Night & he'll let you right in. (A club seat ticket is not necessary). Definitely go - you'll love it!
  22. I got the exact same response as Malman just now. Nothing from Jeb yet.
  23. Here's a start - Jeb.Bush@myflorida.com Lee.Tom.web@flsenate.gov The second one can be modifed to use for any senator. I haven't been able to figure out the eddress for house members. Remember - be respectful. We don't need to p**s anybody off by calling them a bozo to their face.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.