Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlin2266

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlin2266

  1. We used to hang at the Bowl Bar back in the 80s. 17 Ave and 7 St, about one block W of OB. Hope it's still there - gold mine
  2. Nice find. What happened to Mike Phillips?
  3. Mike was objective early last year, before he was frozen out on the Torborg story. Then he fell into the clutches of the Fat Prince and hasn't been the same since. Get ready for some big-time slams at the OB site. After all, how could they say anything bad about the team??
  4. They are trying to secure the attendance of people who will and do use traffic, parking, crime etc... as reasons not to go with their families. Fish - I've been here long enough to know that South Florida is the undisputed world champion of making excuses. For example, I can see a day when we roll out a beautiful 400MM, 40,000 seat retractable roof stadium, and people will definitely say that they can't go because it looks like rain and they might get wet walking from their car to the stadium. That said, Samson is taking the only viable option, and counting on MDC fanbase to expand and more than displace non-migratory Broward & PBers.
  5. Pitching is super-fine. Regularz Luiy, Cabs, Mikey, Choi, & Red are fine. Big hole in offense for the rest - Ray, Gonz, 9er, JP, & Nunz. And I have a fear of Cabs D - he looks a lot more tentative this year, trying to surround the ball rather than attack it. Did not notice this last year in LF or RF. Who coaches OF D?
  6. The ML record is 12 consecutive hits, held jointly by Pinky Higgins (Red SoX) and Walt Dropo (Tigers). With 7, Dontrelle may have the top spot for a P. Anyone know for sure?
  7. John Henry was a steel drivin' man
  8. Yep - that's the way it worked last year. I upgraded to 4 infield box seats for opening day 2003. I didn't buy the voucher plan this year, so I dunno if they changed their policy. Keep trying - they owe you an answer. Go to Customer Service (inside Gate G a/c lobby on the left) if phone calls don't work.
  9. We'll take 2 outta 3. Are we gettin' TV or not?
  10. Anyone else notice this? RF corner is 345' (as always). But RC is now marked 363' It used to be 385' (last year). Granted, the old 385' was a little more toward CF, but not much. Just a little trivia for you math majors out there..........
  11. I went into Gate F around 4:45 and there was a mass scrum for the giveaway rings. Grown men were pushing others down & a police officer finally had to take the rings away to prevent serious injuries. Other stories??????
  12. North Dade. There are no downtown options on the water. Anyway, the PAC Bell McCovey Cove thing is way over-rated. The only workable downtown site is Arena West, and that's a no-go for some unknown reason. I live in Cutler Ridge; even so, North Dade is the better site of the two.
  13. I favor infield box behind Marlins dugout - righty's foul off balls that way. Sec 144 143 142.
  14. Face the fact that a lot of stadium sales are driven by the kids - "Daddy I want that shirt & I'm gonna make you miserable until I get it." Personally, I don't shop around - if I see it & want it, I buy it.
  15. OK, let's see here - The Marlins claim they can get $2MM a year from the state thru the sales tax rebate. That implies that taxable revenues are about $31MM. So, I agree with TS - simply raise prices by 6.5% (to taxable revenue of $33MM) for everything and ta-da, there's your money. I for one wouldn't mind paying an extra 6.5% for TShirts and tix if I knew it was to build the structure we need. The challenge is to close the rest of the gap - private financing would have to help out (Bacardis & Estefans, are you listening?)
  16. Hey, true -- Your anticipation wouldn't have anything to do with the bling, now would it?
  17. Contract 2 teams = lose 50 MLB jobs. Expand remaining 28 teams to 27 roster spots = pick up 56 MLB jobs. QED - even Fehr can do the math.
  18. Did you see him this morning - not the "skinny cat" anymore! NYY roster lists him at 6'0" 180 lb. Would anyone swap Easley for him right now straight up?
  19. March 30, 1991 JRS fills up with 67,654 fans for an exhibition game between the Yankees and Orioles. 57,359 show up the next night for the re-match, cementing the hopes for the award of the Florida Marlins National League franchise. The Marlins will go on to win more World Championships than any other NL club since 1982!
  20. Jack said (basically" "Nunez needs to play". He will not play (enough) as a Marlin, so I see him being moved for a middle reliever. Jack wants a vet as backup, not a rook.
  21. Perisho did a nice job last night - he's made the team (IMO).
  22. Redman ST ERA > 9 And he ran outta gas late last year. Let's not glorify the guy - he's just a lefty soft-tosser. Oliver > Redman
  23. marlin2266 replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    On the other hand, there nothing like the sound of a Marlin HR banging off that sign. BANG - Sweet..............
  24. marlin2266 replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Hey - '03 should be on top. That is all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.