Everything posted by MarlinAddict
-
Hey, Berardino!
According to Mike Berardino, we should have had news yesterday confirming both Castillo and Lowell are signed. I haven't found any sign of that happening from the PB Post, Sun-Sentinel, or the Herald. AP, which first broke the news on Schilling, doesn't even acknowledge Berardino's original report. If anybody else has any news on this, other than from Berardino, please let me know. I'll never believe another word from his Mullet Wrap.
-
America's Cup
Other than perhaps, Pudge, who?s out sailing the Caribbean, I may be the only one on this board that cares about the America?s Cup. Just in case there are others, tomorrow morning will bring the announcement of where the Swiss Team Alinghi will defend the Cup in 2007. The most widely speculated areas are off the coasts of Italy, Spain, Portugal, or France. I'm hoping the USA brings the Cup back, and that Dennis Conner doesn?t take his Stars and Stripes sponsors out for a sinking this time.
-
Pudge still awaiting offer from Marlins
Do you think our excellent pitching would've won the World Series without Pudge? I don't. I agree with you. Especially about having Pudge behind the plate. What does Castro have, 85 career starts? With a young staff, we need an experienced catcher.
-
Ramon Castro
Oakland just traded Ramon Hernandez and I've heard they might be interested in Pudge's services. Sportline is reporting that the trade, which is dependent upon Kotsay passing a physical review, is to save money for signing Tejada.
-
The OF #25 Rule... falls short
whdon't they just ban the intentional walk altogether? It part of the strategy of the game. If you consider the rule to be a penalty, it's the penalty for taking steroids.
-
future hall of famers
I'm not so sure about Bagwell or Griffey. Bagwell is just about a certainty. Although Rick James seems to think he deserves first ballot, I expect it will take a few years. Jr will get in too, but I just can't stand that guy.
-
Beckett article...
The Marlins had another pitcher that went to HS in Spring TX on the roster this year: Chad Fox
-
Cole Hamels - Phillies Prospect
I was looking through the minor league, and came across this guy in the Phillies minor leagues. He's a LHP. He was Lakewood, NJ affiliate until July, when he went over to Clearwater, FL. Here is a summary of his combined stats this year: W-L: 6-3 ERA: 1.34 G: 18 CG: 1 IP: 101 H: 61 R: 17 ER: 15 HR: 0 BB: 39 SO: 147
-
Hurricanes lose
There were a ton of blatantly stupid penalties. Those were the killers.
-
Team USA Eliminated from '04 Olympic BB
The loss to Mexico today keeps us from defending the Gold we won in 2000 http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb
-
Free agent Marlins
I've read in a couple places that if he isn't signed by a certain date, that we cannot sign him until May 1. I don't recall the reason(s) behind the dates.
-
Good news on the ballpark struggle!
Didn't Wayne get a similar break for converting PPS into a ballpark? Does he lose that break when the Marlins move?
-
WHY?
I would be happy if I only got half a million a year! That is absolute BS and you know it! If you ever had a chance of winning the 180M lotto would you rather win the 1000 dollar price? NO! Get over it! These people go into professional baseball to make money! There is an economic theory of diminishing marginal returns. In this situation, the first million means more than the 2nd, the second million means more than the 3rd, etc. After a while it just becomes an ego trip to see if you can make more than the other guy. Then baseball becomes the business and making money becomes the game. Say you make $10M, 6M after tax, invest half of that, without a drug habit how are you going to spend the remaining $8,000 day? The first $1,000 a day is pretty nice, the second adds a bit more, but if you aren't happy by then you never will be. The next $6,000/day doesn't bring any more enjoyment. The money is the game.
-
WHY?
Anybody else remember Al Kaline? When Detroit offered him $100,000 salary (early 70's) he turned it down saying no ballplayer was worth that much.
-
Plan to help fund stadium likely to win vote today
I read somewhere, I believe on this board, that 40% of the season ticket holders were from Miami-Dade, 40% from Broward, and 13-15% from Palm Beach (where I live), and the rest from where ever. I believe there were 5,000 season ticket holders this year. Even at the 15%, that's 750 from Palm Beach. I would expect a loss of all of them to be easily covered by a move to Miami. As for Palm Beach supporting the Marlins, during spring training at Roger Dean, the Marlins drew and average of 3,875. The Cardinals, who also play at Roger Dean, drew 6,024. So much for Palm Beach supporting the Marlins. http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/st.../14/story4.html
-
Phillies Trade for Wagner
One thing that hurt the Expos down the stretch was that Selig/MLB didn't approve any spending to get more talent for the WC race. They'll still have that to overcome again in '04.
-
Don King Stadium?
I'm just trying to picture Don King wearing a Marlins cap.
-
BREAKING NEWS: STADIUM FINANCING PLAN ANNOUNCED
Enron Field Houston Astros 2000 42,000 $250 Million Note that this 38,000 seat stadium will cost $325M (not counting land), while Pittsburgh's PNC cost $228M for a 38,217 capacity. I need to see those blueprints... edit: I'm dumb, i forgot about the retractable roof. That must be where the dough went. Enron/Minute Maid also has a retractable roof It might also be partially due to our building codes.
-
I just remembered
I don't think the Angels were a target for contraction. The two most prominently mentioned teams were Twins and Expos.
-
Marlins only win twice
Yankees: Losers of more World Series than any other team
-
Another piece of crap article
What other market in this economy blames the consumer for not buying an inferior product...? I don't like inferior products; that's why I don't buy the Herald.
-
Kevin Millar's Thoughts
Are we still paying for Hampton in '04?
-
Selig, the bum
HAHA... what a tool. For God's sake, the guy's name is BUD. His (daughter's) team is the "Brewers"
-
Orisha's little rant
Also i heard that when Matsui got HBP he had his foot in front of the plate which is a big no no. I dont know cause i was at the game but i heard about that. His foot was in the batters' box.
-
Who is the bozo Darling?
MLB rotates umps for the WS regardless of their skills. He's ranked 60 or 66 out of 80 AL umps.