Marlins could swing a deal for Contreras

Someone here asked how much Grimsleys salary was: $1,000,000 (ESPN) Currently 3-2, 3.22 ERA. And i agree with you guys to get Beltran and keep him for a while. As for the outfield arrangement, you can have Conine spend time at first from time to time. Either way i wouldnt expect a trade like this for now

I'd rather not trade for Beltran for two reasons.

1) We can't resign him.

2) If we do resign him, we'd have to lose a lot of other quality players. I'd rather have a good team than working around one player. It didn't work for the Rangers and I wouldn't risk it.

BTW, didn't Grimsley get PWNED by Harvey today?

Everyone could use Beltran, but we don't NEED Beltran. We need depth at catcher and bullpen.

In time, Wil Cordero will be back. We should also give Easley some OF time. If your weap spot in the OF is 270 15-20HR and 80RBI things are not that bad.

Let me get this straight... now that everyone who pays attention to baseball has finally realized Yankees prospects are overrated and rarely live up to hype their friends in the media are proposing to use another's team's farm system to get what they want?

Half of South Florida may be from New York or have shown some interest in the Yankees, but surely they must realise the Marlins aren't the Yankee's minor league affiliate!!

Let me get this straight... now that everyone who pays attention to baseball has finally realized Yankees prospects are overrated and rarely live up to hype their friends in the media are proposing to use another's team's farm system to get what they want?

Half of South Florida may be from New York or have shown some interest in the Yankees, but surely they must realise the Marlins aren't the Yankee's minor league affiliate!!

Good Morning,

To your Yankees question I guess Lowell is over-rated :p

I would have taken Nick Johnson last year.

Good Morning,

I would have taken Nick Johnson last year. there have been many many more that have not panned out in the past 10 years that were 'can't miss'

Good Morning,

I would have taken Nick Johnson last year. there have been many many more that have not panned out in the past 10 years that were 'can't miss' the heart of the yankees team came from their farm system

Mariano rivera, Jeter, Posada, soriano (even though he isnt there anymore)...i think bernie williams as well...

their farm system is not crap

the heart of the yankees team came from their farm system

Mariano rivera, Jeter, Posada, soriano (even though he isnt there anymore)...i think bernie williams as well...

true but since their run began.....their farm system has been kinda blah.

I prefer the more realistic version.

Me too. Because we would be giving up some serious prospects for Contreras - who I am sure would do great in S. Fl. But to me, just aint worth it right now.

Deal Nunez, get Grimsley, and give Easely some looks in LF. :thumbup

:hat If this a Beltran trade happens. I thought about this...here it goes...trade him to Boston.

Boston?

Yes

:thumbup Hear me out, Boston would then trade Johnny Damon to Seattle with others, and Seattle would trade LHP Eddie G and RHP Gil Meche(I might be pushing here) to Florida.

It's a better deal then the Yankees by far

Comments???

Guest Juanky

Obviously we aren't getting Beltran. And if for some reason we drug up KC's GM and nab Beltran, trading him somewhere else, no matter who the destination may be, is beyond stupid.

Guest Juanky

the heart of the yankees team came from their farm system

true but since their run began.....their farm system has been kinda blah. Lowell? Johnson?