Hate to alarm anyone but........

Penny has two spider bites on his leg and has been on antibiotics for 4 days, the doctor looked at it yesterday and sent him to get an even stronger one. Said if it doesnt get better by wednesday, they will put him in the hospital. Apparently his leg is really swollen and very painful. Our woes continue........

Sounds like a Brown Recluse bite, and they can get nasty.

I was working a wildfire once and was asked to bring one of the hot shot crew members into the hospital because he had received a bite. We really thought he was going to be fed antibiotics, but he came out on crutches in a full leg cast. Turns out they had to remove a core from his leg to keep the damage from spreading...yuck!

Hopefully Brad is in much better condition.

Geezus Christ. Can this team get any luck this goddamn year.

I am starting to believe that the team is in a divine slump of some sort and Steinbrenner hired someone to do cast a curse on us. I am serious.

443271[/snapback]

If not Steinbrenner, perhaps BOWA was desperate enough to hire a VOODOO priest or medicine man to jinx our team....

I am just glad we are not playing the Phillies right now, they are on a major tear in their new den.....we would be "filleted" and no more psychological edge.

Penny has two spider bites on his leg and has been on antibiotics for 4 days, the doctor looked at it yesterday and sent him to get an even stronger one. Said if it doesnt get better by wednesday, they will put him in the hospital. Apparently his leg is really swollen and very painful. Our woes continue........

443270[/snapback]

Maybe he'll be back with a Spidy-sense!

I can't wait for the All-Star Break!!!

Guest marlins02

This is beyond the point of ridiculous.

Next thing you know, Cabrera'll be deported...

443397[/snapback]

i hope he has all his papers in order... or gets them in order.

:plain

Guest marlins02

He is 54 years old, however...

443410[/snapback]

i f***ing knew it!

seriously though. a spider bite! a f***ing spider bite!

this tells you the type of slump we're in. a f***ing spider bite on one pitcher and the other cant get over a f***ing blister! and the bats go silent as soon as a man gets to 2nd.

what next? pavano goes on the DL with hemroids(sp)?

Guest marlins02

Sounds like a Brown Recluse bite, and they can get nasty.

I was working a wildfire once and was asked to bring one of the hot shot crew members into the hospital because he had received a bite. We really thought he was going to be fed antibiotics, but he came out on crutches in a full leg cast. Turns out they had to remove a core from his leg to keep the damage from spreading...yuck!

Hopefully Brad is in much better condition.

443312[/snapback]

:plain