Tough Loss

PBMarlin

Perhaps Mota was brought in too early.

Was wondering why McKeon didn't stick with Seanez, Mota and Benitez.

Seanez clearly choked, and doesn't appear to be up for the pressure of late innings.

Mota could have been stretched out a bit. It was a pretty good pitch, and sometimes guys guess and get lucky. Go figure.

Question of the day:

Why was Armando Benitez not warming up when trouble was brewing in the 10th? Always easy to second guess i suppose, but I was saying to myself the whole inning Mando should be heating up.

Oh well...tough one to swallow, especially when two guys who have looked so reliable blew this game for us tonight, hopefully Rudy and Mota redeem themselves tomorrow.

Question of the day:

Why was Armando Benitez not warming up when trouble was brewing in the 10th? Always easy to second guess i suppose, but I was saying to myself the whole inning Mando should be heating up.

Oh well...tough one to swallow, especially when two guys who have looked so reliable blew this game for us tonight, hopefully Rudy and Mota redeem themselves tomorrow.

526648[/snapback]

Mckeon's on crack if he lets them pitch tomorrow. They each pitched like two innings...

It is not a though loss.

You had your 2nd best reliever of the team give up a two run dinger. You still had the chance to win the game on the 8th and on the 9th, but the offense could not come through. We had many chances.

My only beef with McKeon is that he pitched Mando yesterday with an 8 run lead.

This team back is against the wall, very little (if much) room for error. That's why this losses look huge. But we have put ourselves in this situation, no one to blame. I hate to say it, but we now have to rely on other teams doing our dirty work.

BAAAAAD game...

There are some bright spots though. We can still win the series tom.

Mike L. has a 10 game hitting streak, Pierre is getting great jumps, the offense isnt a problem anymore.

526656[/snapback]

There's no positives in a loss like this at this stage in the season....it hurts and it hurts bad.

It is not a though loss.

You had your 2nd best reliever of the team give up a two run dinger. You still had the chance to win the game on the 8th and on the 9th, but the offense could not come through. We had many chances.

My only beef with McKeon is that he pitched Mando yesterday with an 8 run lead.

This team back is against the wall, very little (if much) room for error. That's why this losses look huge. But we have put ourselves in this situation, no one to blame. I hate to say it, but we now have to rely on other teams doing our dirty work.

526659[/snapback]

this game is hard to take because we should have won and as you said we dont have much room for error....anytime that you lose a game that you should have won it is a tough loss...and with all the people we sent out there we should have won...we have a good bullpen and they gave it up when they shouldnt have...that is tough

BAAAAAD game...

There are some bright spots though. We can still win the series tom.

Mike L. has a 10 game hitting streak, Pierre is getting great jumps, the offense isnt a problem anymore.

526656[/snapback]

There's no positives in a loss like this at this stage in the season....it hurts and it hurts bad.

526662[/snapback]

there are positives...because of how pierre got some good jumps he will probably also do that tom..., and because of the way mike has been hitting-he will prob hit good tom. also...

with all this happening we will prob. win tom.

Question of the day:

526648[/snapback]

apparently this is the case:

Last night, 9th inning, Marlins up 9-1.

= Good time to bring in Benitez.

Tonight, 10th inning game tied bases loaded 2 outs, Seanez in all kinds of trouble.

= Not a good time for Benitez.

:banghead

if we didnt bring in someone who we can trust yesterday to save the game for us than the giants could have come back...it wasnt so bad to bring in benitez...teams come back a lot of times and you shouldnt take it easy even when you have a big lead like we did yesterday

Yeah, I also detest the save your best reliever because it's not a save opportunity philosophy.

He's your best, and Armando should've been used at some point tonight.

526680[/snapback]

McKeon was saving him until we had a lead??? :blink:

526693[/snapback]

Which of course would've never happened once the 9th inning came.

Yeah, I also detest the save your best reliever because it's not a save opportunity philosophy.

He's your best, and Armando should've been used at some point tonight.

526680[/snapback]

McKeon was saving him until we had a lead??? :blink:

526693[/snapback]

Which of course would've never happened once the 9th inning came.

526695[/snapback]

Exactly..... was being a bit sarcastic.

Yep, that's why it sucks. Then again earlier this season Jack used Armando in a tie game situation and people here complained that he should've saved him for later extra innings (as if those are guaranteed)... so Jack can't win. He was right then, wrong tonight.

a few points from an outsider here....

1. Walking Bonds in the 10th was the right move . He's ALL they have offensively, and you can't let him beat you. Sure, the move didn't work out, but I mean i'm sure nobody here would be too happy had they pitched to Bonds there and he hit a 3 run homer, which with him, is a distinct possibility.

2. Where was Armando Benitez in the 10th inning?? This is too big a game and series to not have him out there.

3. I can't blame Jack for putting Mota in for 2 innings. He has been lights out pretty much all year, and Jack figured he could use him an extra inning tonight to bridge it to Armando, things just didn't work out.

Tonight's loss really hurt, but you gotta just go get them tomorrow, there is no time to wallow when you need every win you can get.