Least Favorite Marlin speaks out

This pedazo de mierda would rather go help the nationals or braves than us if it means more playing time... I don't care that he has the highest AVG with RISP. Ship his *SS out of here

ATLANTA ? Juan Encarnacion has three hits in his past 24 at-bats and two RBI since June 5. That doesn't make sitting any easier.

Wednesday marked the third consecutive game Encarnacion wasn't in the starting lineup. Manager Jack McKeon played Jeff Conine, who had two hits in each of his past two games. Conine made his fourth straight start and third in place of Encarnacion.

"We got [Conine] in there and he's hitting, so it's tough to take him out," McKeon said. "He's done a pretty good job coming off the bench. Juan has been struggling a little bit. Maybe a few days will be a tonic for him. ... Both of them can share a lot and contribute."

Asked whether the break could help in the long run, Encarnacion said: "How does that help? For what? Numerically, I had three or four bad games like anybody else. What can I say? Those are things you can't control. You just have to wait and be ready for whatever."

That whatever includes a trade. Encarnacion is aware the Braves and Nationals have asked about him. He is unsure why the Marlins have resisted if they are willing to sit him three games in a row.

"If they're going to do something, I hope they do it quickly so they don't waste my time not playing, if it's with me or whoever," he said. "They can send me to the worst team. Sitting down here, I'm not doing anything.

"If you're talking about [production], I may be bad but I'm not the worst one here. I don't feel bad [at the plate]. Just a couple of bad days like anybody else. Highs and lows."

Encarnacion is third on the team in RBI (39) behind Carlos Delgado (50) and Miguel Cabrera (45). He is the team's leading hitter with runners in scoring position (.355).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...ports-headlines

Conine has been a complete team player all season, understanding his role and being a professional as he adapts to becoming a bench player.

Now the tables have turned for a few days and Enc is gonna complain and ask to be traded?? He is a complete arse. I can't wait til they trade him. Conine should be starting in RF anyways.

Conine and Enc are complete opposites. One is a team player, while the other only cares about himself.

Conine has been a complete team player all season, understanding his role and being a professional as he adapts to becoming a bench player.

Now the tables have turned for a few days and Enc is gonna complain and ask to be traded?? He is a complete arse. I can't wait til they trade him. Conine should be starting in RF anyways.

Conine and Enc are complete opposites. One is a team player, while the other only cares about himself.

822243[/snapback]

Yep, well said. And "I may be bad but I'm not the worst one here"

Hey I'm sure JP and Lowell are appreciative of that.

This warrants a Hotcorner signature update..... :compute

imagine being at your job and finding out that you were about to be fired, but your boss tripped and broke his ankle on his way to come fire you, so you got a repreive. he's in the hospital now, but once he gets out, you know he'll eventually get back around to firing you. how hard would you work during the interim?

i'm not saying Enc is entitled to half-ass it, but the FO really fouled this one up on the Day trade. it was mostly bad luck, but now Enc is a lame duck and he knows it. they gotta get rid of him.

All you Willingham lovers who ignore the fact he's a defensive liability everywhere he plays, catcher, third base, left or right field, should have heard Boog talking about him yesterday.

To say Boog thinks little of JW, except his bat, would be an understatement. He thinks the Marlins are doing exactly the right thing keeping him where he is because the guy has one chance in the bigs, at DH. Putting him in the field according to Boog is an accident waiting to happen.

As for Encarnacion's defense. I find it amazing that the people most down on his D are people who never go to games and thusly never see him play.

If you actually went to games and watched the terrific jumps he gets or how well he runs his routes and the length of his stride you'd not make such uninformed comments. Those of us who sit in the upperdeck, where we have the best view of plays unfolding, almost to a person, see a much different Enc than the people who watch games on tv and complain the loudest. We've seen him chase down balls to deep right center that you wouldn't think anyone could ever catch.

There are things about Enc that drive me crazy but it isn't lack of hustle. As for his comments above, the guy wants to play and he's been the subject of trade rumors since before spring training. If were him, I'd want to finally get it over with too.

And so would you.

Trade him or tell him he's your starting RFer for the rest of the season. He deserves some piece of mind because the limbo he's in right now has to affect his play, it would anyone.

i dont blame him.how owuld u feel if you have hit more homeruns then conine

822276[/snapback]

in how many more AB's???

Enc has 233 AB's this season

Conine has 89 AB's this season

You can't compare their stats at all, it's unfair.

Plus it's called being a team player, Conine didn't cry.

Marlins 2003: I respect your support of the guy and I believe you probably do have a better view of him than those of us forced to look through the TV to see his efforts. But when a ball is his to right and the camera zooms to him strolling over to a ball hit to the corner as if its a walk in the park it really tans my hide. It'd be one thing if these were the first complaints made about him but they are not. It would be one thing if the guy kept his mouth quiet. But its not. Enc is a cancer, trade him or sell him to Japan too. :thumbup

Marlins 2003: I respect your support of the guy and I believe you probably do have a better view of him than those of us forced to look through the TV to see his efforts. But when a ball is his to right and the camera zooms to him strolling over to a ball hit to the corner as if its a walk in the park it really tans my hide. It'd be one thing if these were the first complaints made about him but they are not. It would be one thing if the guy kept his mouth quiet. But its not. Enc is a cancer, trade him or sell him to Japan too. :thumbup

822297[/snapback]

Not to be argumentative but what you're seeing often times is he has already determined he can't reach the ball on the fly and he's positioning himself to play the carom. Having watched a thousand games at Fenway with the Green Monster or the odd shaped right field fence you see that all the time.

I am not saying that Enc is perfect, doesn't make mistakes or isn't infuriating sometimes with his nonchalant one-handed catches, because he is. But he's not the bad defensive outfielder some here would make him out to be.

All you Willingham lovers who ignore the fact he's a defensive liability everywhere he plays, catcher, third base, left or right field, should have heard Boog talking about him yesterday.

To say Boog thinks little of JW, except his bat, would be an understatement. He thinks the Marlins are doing exactly the right thing keeping him where he is because the guy has one chance in the bigs, at DH. Putting him in the field according to Boog is an accident waiting to happen.

As for Encarnacion's defense. I find it amazing that the people most down on his D are people who never go to games and thusly never see him play.

If you actually went to games and watched the terrific jumps he gets or how well he runs his routes and the length of his stride you'd not make such uninformed comments. Those of us who sit in the upperdeck, where we have the best view of plays unfolding, almost to a person, see a much different Enc than the people who watch games on tv and complain the loudest. We've seen him chase down balls to deep right center that you wouldn't think anyone could ever catch.

There are things about Enc that drive me crazy but it isn't lack of hustle. As for his comments above, the guy wants to play and he's been the subject of trade rumors since before spring training. If were him, I'd want to finally get it over with too.

And so would you.

Trade him or tell him he's your starting RFer for the rest of the season. He deserves some piece of mind because the limbo he's in right now has to affect his play, it would anyone.

822283[/snapback]

can't disagree. Enc is the best option at RF

But by not responding to it you agree that he is a piece of poodoo as a person? A depressing force in the club house?

822311[/snapback]

Enc is a quite person who is non confrontational. He is immature and will spur comments like this ones in a while. The FO knew this.

Marlins 2003 you have to at least agree that his statements to the media were awful. Enc and Conine went into the season knowing they'd most likely split time.

Enc has done a fair job thus far, but was cold over the past several games, so Conine comes in, does well, & now gets a few starts.

Now Enc says that to the media? I think it's inexcusable. And the crack about "hey there are other guys doing worse than me" while it may be true is no way to stick together with your teammates while things are rough.

Enc has sat for what, 3 games? Normally I think his defense in right is very good. Underrated to say the least. But the incidents we've seen in the past weeks are not imagined.

But by not responding to it you agree that he is a piece of poodoo as a person? A depressing force in the club house?

822311[/snapback]

I didn't respond to it because I didn't respond to it, you're reading something into what I wrote that isn't there.

I don't know the guy, I can't say or not say whether he is a clubhouse cancer because I haven't been in there before or after a game. I do know, from the few things that have been said (in the media) about his demeanor over the years that he's an extraordinarly introverted and sensitive guy who's feelings are easily hurt. His tough appearance mask a guy who's emotionally quite fragile.

Like every Marlin player right now (and I'm not being an apologist for him or anyone else on the team) I asume he's hurting inside big time. As painful as it's been for us fans, one has to step back and try to put ourselves in the shoes of these players who know better than us how much they are underachieving and they are watching their chance at another ring go down the drain night after night.

Losing sucks whether you're Juan Enacrancion or Mike Lowell or Miguel Cabrera.

But by not responding to it you agree that he is a piece of poodoo as a person?? A depressing force in the club house?

822311[/snapback]

I didn't respond to it because I didn't respond to it, you're reading something into what I wrote that isn't there.

I don't know the guy, I can't say or not say whether he is a clubhouse cancer because I haven't been in there before or after a game. I do know, from the few things that have been said (in the media) about his demeanor over the years that he's an extraordinarly introverted and sensitive guy who's feelings are easily hurt. His tough appearance mask a guy who's emotionally quite fragile.

Like every Marlin player right now (and I'm not being an apologist for him or anyone else on the team) I asume he's hurting inside big time. As painful as it's been for us fans, one has to step back and try to put ourselves in the shoes of these players who know better than us how much they are underachieving and they are watching their chance at another ring go down the drain night after night.

Losing sucks whether you're Juan Enacrancion or Mike Lowell or Miguel Cabrera.

822323[/snapback]

Well then lets be sure to ship him out the door with a box of tissues and the number of a good shrink :whistle