Marlins/O's Trade?

Stag5

this is so funny, now they are saying we get Alvarez and burrough for burnett to the sox and the padres get arroyo!

LOL like our front office would make such a bad deal.

859227[/snapback]

What are you reading?

859230[/snapback]

the boston red sox message board on espn its just hilarious half of these guys are on crack.

this is so funny, now they are saying we get Alvarez and burrough for burnett to the sox and the padres get arroyo!

LOL like our front office would make such a bad deal.

859227[/snapback]

What are you reading?

859230[/snapback]

the boston red sox message board on espn its just hilarious half of these guys are on crack.

859237[/snapback]

All the ESPN boards blow...thats what happens when you have a forum system with no mods.

There is no trade in the works between Boston and Florida. We are working on something with a couple other teams but everything needs to fall in place before anything is announced. But I can confirm it does not involve Florida.

859300[/snapback]

You can't confirm s***.

There is no trade in the works between Boston and Florida. We are working on something with a couple other teams but everything needs to fall in place before anything is announced. But I can confirm it does not involve Florida.

859300[/snapback]

You can't confirm s***.

859307[/snapback]

OK, we will see then

I'm reasonably active at Orioleshangout.com, although I do my best not to wear out my welcome by posting infrequently, but I'd concur with most of what Adam and I think it was Rockbird were saying is the general consensus there, although there are many members who don't rank Bigbie particularly high. And while they undervalue Encarnacion, suggesting Bigbie is their best outfielder (he is after all a platoon player with half the ABs of Enc or an everyday player) may actually point to one of the team's weaknesses, and something they want/need to address.

I am the author of the Reed as a "Juan Pierre clone" line on their board. I was trying, in shorthand, to explain what he was about, being a minor leaguer and not alot out there on the guy, that he was CFer with speed, steals alot of bases, etc. I kind of feel like that line was taken out of context by one of the O's board visitors, but nonetheless it came from me. Let's face it, if a deal were to come to pass, Reed is not the reason a deal gets done, he's a throw-in compared to the other talent being mentioned, and I didn't feel the need to go on and on about the kid.

Y'all ought to visit their board in a friendly way, it's really one of the best independent sports boards out there, I think alot of people would be impressed by it. Well run, knowledgeable posters, good baseball talk.

859300[/snapback]

You can't confirm s***.

859307[/snapback]

Quite possibly the best first post ever. Welcome to the boards!

OK, we will see then

859311[/snapback]

If it happens, it certainly isn't anything that you have inside information on.

I suppose when the Red Sox make a trade before the deadline (which of course they will considering the lack of a #1 starter, the weak bullpen and the overpowering stench on the right side of the infield), you can say you told me so.

And I hope you feel good about yourself afterwards.

859300[/snapback]

You can't confirm s***.

859307[/snapback]

Quite possibly the best first post ever. Welcome to the boards!

859316[/snapback]

:lol

I'm reasonably active at Orioleshangout.com, although I do my best not to wear out my welcome by posting infrequently, but I'd concur with most of what Adam and I think it was Rockbird were saying is the general consensus there, although there are many members who don't rank Bigbie particularly high. And while they undervalue Encarnacion, suggesting Bigbie is their best outfielder (he is after all a platoon player with half the ABs of Enc or an everyday player) may actually point to one of the team's weaknesses, and something they want/need to address.

I am the author of the Reed as a "Juan Pierre clone" line on their board. I was trying, in shorthand, to explain what he was about, being a minor leaguer and not alot out there on the guy, that he was CFer with speed, steals alot of bases, etc. I kind of feel like that line was taken out of context by one of the O's board visitors, but nonetheless it came from me. Let's face it, if a deal were to come to pass, Reed is not the reason a deal gets done, he's a throw-in compared to the other talent being mentioned, and I didn't feel the need to go on and on about the kid.

Y'all ought to visit their board in a friendly way, it's really one of the best independent sports boards out there, I think alot of people would be impressed by it. Well run, knowledgeable posters, good baseball talk.

859314[/snapback]

Bigbie was injured for a long period which is a big reason why he has so many less at bats. Sometimes he will get the day off vs. a lefty but he is batting over .300 against them.

there is no need for bigbie so I really dont understand the desire to have him. We have a guy named Hermida that could easily platoon out there in RF anyday we needed him to. He is a Lefty also. So I dont understand the wish or desire for Bigbie.

But, I have met a few O's fans and I gotta sya they are over all nice folks. Better then stinking red sox fans (whom often are patriots fans grr). Stupid John Henry grr.

I really wish the Marlins would get something better then what the O's are offering... I'm really not feeling that trade at all!! Unless they throw in Mora and take out Bigbe.. but im not too happy with giving up Lowell and AJ for what they are offering. We could get much more for Lowell (i think)

859477[/snapback]

HORRIBLE post. You are expecting way too much in return, the Marlins are losing 2 very good players but you have to keep in ming Lowell is having a BAD season and has a huge contract and Burnett is a FA after the season. I mean get real, Melvin Mora goingin for Bigbie? Melvin Mora for Burnett alone wouldnt happen. Gibbons going in for Bigbie would be a possibility but I really doubt it would happen.

Hi guys. I think I should be able to provide a good opinion. I lived in Baltimore until I was 25 and I moved here to Florida and have lived here the past 6 years. I have the MLB package and I watch every Orioles and Marlins game, sometimes I have to go from one to the other flipping the channels. I am a big fan of each team. I think it is a good deal for both sides. The Orioles get a top of the rotation which they really need and another hitter which they also need, but he will be a downgrade to Bigbie if he keeps playing the way he is. The Marlins are getting a pretty good pitching prospect in Hayden Penn, I watched everyone of his starts, the kid is only 20 and has a high ceiling. Bigbie is an upgrade over Lowell for the Marlins right now, but I dont see Lowell playing like this all year so Bigbie is a downgrade in the long run but he is better you all make him out to be. Kline is having a poor season and I think a switch back to the NL would really help. Julio can be unhittable at times and at times he cant get the ball over the plate or he gets shelled. You all seem to like the White Sox deal, only advantage I see with the White Sox deal over the Orioles offer is the Marlins get a more ML ready starting pitcher.

Marlins and Orioles in the World Series!!!

....please. :)