Is this for real or just an in-season tease?

I was concerned about posting because of superstitious reasons with the Marlins streak, but I wanna enjoy this. I don't know if this has been done, but the question is, do you think that what we are seeing is for real or just the Marlins playing through a good streak like every MLB team will do during the season?

Also, have alot of the bandwagoners (like DOGFISH) come back to celebrate and are all of the Joe Girardi bashers changing their tune?

I think you're going to see some of the rookies, especially the pitchers (notably the starters like Olsen, Johnson, Nolasco) who are going to be throwing career highs in innings, wear down in late August and September, but it's great to see the team playing this well now - it gives a ton of hope for the next few years

who cares? enjoy it while it lasts! :thumbup

& look, this streak is for real. they're not going to win 80 straight, but these 8 - and moreso these last 18 of 24 - have not been fluke wins.

... and no the bandwagoners are not back. When there's 20 thousand plus in the stands, only then will the bandwagoners be officially back.

yep ... it's so fun watching these kids come around - expectations aren't as high as in years past, but that doesn't change the game - i like the makeup of these kids - after the frustration of all those 1 run losses and blowing late leads, it's really good to see that they are learning how to win out there

young guys will be prone to inconsistency, but this streak comes with some bats being a little off - just need those bats to get in order to round out when the pitchers get a little tired or off on a night

fun stuff

Also, have alot of the bandwagoners (like DOGFISH) come back to celebrate

Well, we haven't seen you much recently either. Is that a bad thing? :lol

Well, he's accusing others of being bandwagoners, and I'm just pointing out that we haven't seen him much.

So not really, no. :p

This about it this way.

*We lost a lot of 1/2 run games

*Our bullpen blew 14? games.

We were good before but we just had bad luck. Now our team is learning what it takes to win.

From the beginning we were a good team but now we are showing our true colors. They look pretty bright :mischief . Keep shinning boys.

If my memory is correct, we've won all but like one or two series since mid-May. Certainly the streak will end at some point, but I expect us to be playing competitive baseball for the rest of the season. Winning and losing has a way of happenng, so we'll see where being competitive gets us.

Hey, slow down that bandwagon so I can hop on.... ;) I probably have the only car with California plates mounted in a Marlins frame. Moved to the west coast at the end of last season; after the winter's changes I figured there would be nothing newsworthy coming from the fish this season. Wrong! Saw them whup the Giants last week (BTW, somebody needs to tell these west coast crowds that it's okay to cheer for your team occasionally; I swear, 10K people at The Pro are louder than any 40K on the west coast). This team is going to be scary good in a couple of years if the pitching continues to develop.

Finishing at .500 may be out of reach, but anything over 75 wins after last year's rebuilding would be spectacular.

I think it's for real. The team is clicking...

Our offense is better than last year.

Our pitching is just as good, and if the pen holds up (with JoBo insanity!) our success will continue.

I can't reiterate how profoundly moronic some people sound when they say the playoffs are a dream or impossible...We are 6.5 games out (only 5 back in the loss column) in the middle of June.

Also, have alot of the bandwagoners (like DOGFISH) come back to celebrate

Well, we haven't seen you much recently either. Is that a bad thing? :lol

Well, he's accusing others of being bandwagoners, and I'm just pointing out that we haven't seen him much.

So not really, no. :p

You're right. I haven't been on. For those that don't remember, I am a teacher. I had alot of commitments up until May 26th. Then I had to close out paperwork for my coaching duties. Then the last couple of weeks, I've been out of town. You'll see me disappear now and then, but I still keep track of them. Of course the last few days I wasn't sure if I would be a jinx by posting something on the issue. I was relieved to see them win the 8th after my post.

And I agree, it probably isn't a bad thing when I'm not around the website. I guess things run calmly then. Watch what happens if the fish go over .500, which may actually happen. You will see people like DOGFISH back on debating everyone with his absurd logic and fraudulent statistics.

Last question, how about those Joe Girardi bashers? I've looked at the site and don't see a "Fire Girardi" thread for at least a week. How about starting a "Girardi for NL manager of the year" thread if this streak continues into July.

:thumbup