Couple things i'd like to see

First, this is obvious, but Abercrombie in AAA and Aguila called back up. Aguila ain't a worldbeater, either, but at least is not as prone to the mental mistakes and probably more suited to be a fourth outfielder, which is probably what his future is at the MLB level anyway. He has a good arm and can play all the outfield positions as well.

Let Ross or Hermida play full time in CF - neither has great range in center, but we win a hell of alot more games when both those guys are in the lineup as opposed to when one is on the bench.

second, let Olivo catch Olsen and/or Willis from now on - quit babying Olsen and let him become a man. Willis I don't have as much as a problem with as he is the ace and we wouldn't be the first team to have a personal catcher for the ace of the staff. Olsen struggled early on but I have troubles believing Olivo was the reason behind it. yes, olivo will have a tough time blocking Olsen's slider, but having him in the lineup not only provides offense from the catcher position, but protection for anyone hitting ahead of him. it seems pitchers pitch around anyone hitting in the 6th/7th holes as they know they have two dead bats in the 8th and 9th hole with treanor in the lineup. how many times does treanor seem to come up with the bases loaded? just about every damn game.

third - give messenger the 8th and move kensing to the 7th with tankersley. kensing's control has been horrible lately, he's gotten himself into trouble just about every time he's been out there lately but gotten out of it - today is the first time someone (wright) made him pay for it. I think Kensing's stuff is better than Messenger's, but for right now Messenger has been the better pitcher.

One last thing: Move Hermida to the 2 hole - he's been hitting for average and has a high OBP but the power hasn't come....yet. i understnad his future is as a run producer and not at the top of the order, but hitting in front of uggla and cabera would do him wonders just like it did for Jacobs - it'll also help the team out immensley.

EVERY DAY lineup:

SS- Ramirez

CF - Hermida

2B - Uggla

3B - Cabrera

1B - Jacobs (enough with Helms platoon...he stinks vs. lefties too)

LF- Willingham

RF - Ross

C - Olivo

P

I guess I agree with Reggie, I mean, everyone needs a scapegoat, but really, he's not as bad as everyone thinks he is nor is he as good as everyone thought he was when liking Reggie was the fashionable thing to do.

Really, Girardi should know that Reggie isn't doing himself or the team any good as an everyday player, and in my eyes Borchard's really made a strong case for P.T.

I'd like to see the lineup become:

Ramirez

Uggla

Hermida

Cabrera

Jacobs

Willingham

Olivo

Borchard

P

Much more balanced lineup and you really don't give any innings away and anyone can go deep on you at any given time, just a dangerous lineup.

I guess I agree with Reggie, I mean, everyone needs a scapegoat, but really, he's not as bad as everyone thinks he is nor is he as good as everyone thought he was when liking Reggie was the fashionable thing to do.

Really, Girardi should know that Reggie isn't doing himself or the team any good as an everyday player, and in my eyes Borchard's really made a strong case for P.T.

I'd like to see the lineup become:

Ramirez

Uggla

Hermida

Cabrera

Jacobs

Willingham

Olivo

Borchard

P

Much more balanced lineup and you really don't give any innings away and anyone can go deep on you at any given time, just a dangerous lineup.

I like it!

First, I want Borchard to get more PT and in centerfield. He can play CF. I absolutely hate the idea of Jeremy Hermida in CF, just keep him in RF.

As for Reggie, if Joe isnt going to get the playing time, I want Reggie to keep getting it. He isnt nearly as bad as people think, and he looks like he is settling back in to a decent groove again.

In 25 July at bats, he has 7 hits(2b,hr)(.280) scoring 5 runs, striking out 4 times but also walking twice in the process

Maybe his thing is one awful month, one decent month, one awful, one decent

anyway, Im in the camp of 5 or 6 thats wants him to keep getting at bats

First, I want Borchard to get more PT and in centerfield. He can play CF. I absolutely hate the idea of Jeremy Hermida in CF, just keep him in RF.

As for Reggie, if Joe isnt going to get the playing time, I want Reggie to keep getting it. He isnt nearly as bad as people think, and he looks like he is settling back in to a decent groove again.

In 25 July at bats, he has 7 hits(2b,hr)(.280) scoring 5 runs, striking out 4 times but also walking twice in the process

Maybe his thing is one awful month, one decent month, one awful, one decent

anyway, Im in the camp of 5 or 6 thats wants him to keep getting at bats

why do you hate Hermida in CF?? traditionally, it's extremely difficult to find a solid-hitting CFer and Hermida could be that and more. Guys like Andruw, Wells, etc. are extremely rare while strong-hitting corner outfielders are far more common.

If Hermida has the range and arm (which personally, i think he does) to play center, why not? i don't understand that logic.

I don't like Borchard as an everyday player, either. i think he's our version of russell branyan - very good power threat off the bench but if he's in your everyday lineup you have serious problems. Reggie has the tools but he just doesn't know how to play the game yet - the stuff he does should be learned in AA - not at the majors. he lacks concentration which leads to the silly mistakes you constantly see. he could hit .320 and i'd still think he should be in the minors if he's dropping routine fly balls and getting picked off. he's a complete liability at the dish, on the bases and in the field because you can't rely on him to do anything right. he has the ABILTY - but his head isn't on straight yet.

I think as long as we get rid of Abercrombie,we're set

also i want to see either Ross or Amezaga playing CF

today everyone played a good game,but Abercrombie cost us the game with his defense,dammit

another thing,Girardi please calm Mr.Olsen down..does Olsen love to fight against his teamates or what??this isn't Highschool were you argue with one of your teamates for dropping a ball f***er,i wouldn't be shocked to see olsen with another black eye when the 2nd half comes around.

Not as bad as everyone thinks he is? Name one thing he does well as a baseball player? Forget AAA, outright release, there is no future in him.

Not as bad as everyone thinks he is? Name one thing he does well as a baseball player? Forget AAA, outright release, there is no future in him.

He does have ability.

I think you're being outlandish saying he has no future. There's a stark divide between having a future as a potential superstar and having a future, some fans here are just spoiled with all the young talent here. Even the best teams have guys who hit 7th or 8th, the sooner you and others realize that, the more rational this asylum will become.

And for the record, I'm not even a huge Reggie fan, but I never was, I don't just flip back and forth based on the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

i'm in the crowd who wants Jacobs to stay in the 3-hole. Jake is 5000000000000 x better with Miggy protecting him, I dont see him having the plate dicipline to hit as well as he is now without miggy's protection.

A lot of people are going to be better with Miggy protecting them.

At some point, though, you just have to figure that sandwiching him between too different kind of lefties in Hermida and Jacobs may get him more favorable matchups late in the game.

He does have ability.

I think you're being outlandish saying he has no future. There's a stark divide between having a future as a potential superstar and having a future, some fans here are just spoiled with all the young talent here. Even the best teams have guys who hit 7th or 8th, the sooner you and others realize that, the more rational this asylum will become.

And for the record, I'm not even a huge Reggie fan, but I never was, I don't just flip back and forth based on the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

Based upon his age, we are seeing the first part of the prime of his career right now. Pretty, ain't it?

He has athletic ability, but he has no baseball skills.

There are supposedly 5 "skills" in baseball, he has none of them. He is a poor fielder, an unsuccessful baserunner, he can't hit the ball for either average or power and can't throw to the right base.

Based upon his athletic prowess he should at least be able to field, throw, and steal bases. He swings really hard, but can't hit the ball so he can't get enough contact to have power. There is nothing there. It would be better for both the organization and Reggie's future if he gets started on his after-baseball career ASAP.

i'm in the crowd who wants Jacobs to stay in the 3-hole. Jake is 5000000000000 x better with Miggy protecting him, I dont see him having the plate dicipline to hit as well as he is now without miggy's protection.

Jacobs is a good baseball player and the stats do show he has been good batting 3rd but I just think thats because he was coming out his slump before he was batting 3rd he is patient I dont think he has to bat 3rd to be good

Among the things I would like to see is either Ross or Borchard getting more playing time. Both have bounced around a few organizations and neither has caught fire lets see what they can do. By that same token I would send down Reggie, I like the guy but his skills are still rough an sitting everyday on the bench isn't helping him any. Also I'd like to see the Marlins trade the veterans in the bullpen, this team no matter what some feel isn't going to win the wild card and its time to see if they have closer for the future somewhere within the organization.

Hermida WAS a center fielder when he was drafted, if I recall. I wouldn't mind having Hermida in center if Borchard/Ross are in right.

Hermida WAS a center fielder when he was drafted, if I recall. I wouldn't mind having Hermida in center if Borchard/Ross are in right.

yes, I know that

Re: Abercombie (who else? He's an interesting topic)

How some can ignore his poor defensive skills I do not know. Were they never taught to catch fly balls in litle league and schools? You locate and beat the ball to the spot. You don't coast in there. You don't overrun the ball and have to twist back your body to catch it. You get there. And you catch it with the glove in front of you. Not at your side, a foot from your shoulder. You align yourself in the ball's path and catch it with the glove extended in front of your upper torso. That way you have the best perspective to catch it.

That's t-ball fundmentals.

yes, I know that

Then why do you hate the idea of him in center?

yes, I know that

Then why do you hate the idea of him in center?

Because I dont think he has the range (anymore) to play a good enough CF, that and I still believe (as do others) that his hip isnt 90% let alone 100% right now and the last thing we need is for him to put more torque on it, playing in CF

Stop making Kool Aid a scapegoat...he has shown some growth and development...he has had some hits here and there. i wish he was playing everyday...that would be the only reason to send him down. Abs is gonna be a Marlin for awhile and i am OK with that

Kool Aid is not a scapegoat. There is no guarantee that the team would be much closer to the WC if Abercrombie weren't a Marlin, but Reggie can't play baseball at the major league level. He's never even demonstrated the ability to play at the AA level. His sole attribute is that he looks like he should be a good player.

Reggie should've been playing everyday in Carolina awhile ago now. Once he gets enough ABs there promote him to querque. Split CF between Ross, Borchard, and Amezega with Borchard getting the first long look.

thats what i would do...if i didnt want a guy like adam stern who is wasting away in pawtucket