Messenger

CyggyMarlin

u guys really dont waste much time wit the threads. lmao

i agree, enough is enough use someone else

Enough definitly is enough. The man needs to be sent down.

Doubt they will send him down....end of season in the minor leagues is fast approaching....keep him where he is till end of MLB season..at least he can get some big league help while there....he was lights out for 14 weks then all of a sudden lost that confidence....this outing will not help that

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I want to see Resop get the same chance Mess has gotten.

Now we're talking.....OPPORTUNITY is the keyword here....I did see where Resop did not throw tonight...third night off...what's brewing?

:mischief2

i dont see much of a future for messenger a 91-92 mph fastball with no movement is like placing the ball on the tee for major league hitters additonally he doesnt have a quality second pitch that he can count on . i dont see the point in sending him down because ultimately it wont make a difference but there is not a lot of upside with messenger imo at his best a slightly above average middle reliever ...one thing is for sure dont want to see messenger in a tight game the guy cant be trusted to get the job done

Sadly I dislike him as a pitcher. Even when in the minors he was striking hitters out by the numbers. A pitcher out thinks a hitter, he doesn't blow everything by him. ON a scale of 1-10, I think his true potencial is a 4. Get rid of him, no need to even further discuss this.

i dont see much of a future for messenger a 91-92 mph fastball with no movement is like placing the ball on the tee for major league hitters additonally he doesnt have a quality second pitch that he can count on . i dont see the point in sending him down because ultimately it wont make a difference but there is not a lot of upside with messenger imo at his best a slightly above average middle reliever ...one thing is for sure dont want to see messenger in a tight game the guy cant be trusted to get the job done

He can always pitch BP, or even be used as cabreras pitcher for the homerun derby!

His performance--or lackluster performance at that, has just been frustrating. He went from a sub 3 ERA to a 5+ ERA. I just don't get it, it's like he has lost confidence or something, because his stuff and velocity has always been the same. I'd really want to see Resop get a chance, or anyone else but him. Let him get garbage time, maybe work out the kinks, and if the other team scores on him we'll either be losing by 10 already or winning by a large margin. Plainly disappointing.

That his fastball is 91-92 is what is concerning. He used to get it up to 95-96. Is it just tiredness, or something else. His curve doesnt break much either, use to have a bigger bend. So, a no movement 91-92 fastball and a hanging breaking ball all adds up to souveniers in the outfield seats-lots of them.

u guys really dont waste much time wit the threads. lmao

i agree, enough is enough use someone else

Enough definitly is enough. The man needs to be sent down.

Doubt they will send him down....end of season in the minor leagues is fast approaching....keep him where he is till end of MLB season..at least he can get some big league help while there....he was lights out for 14 weks then all of a sudden lost that confidence....this outing will not help that

When is the end of the minor league season? Sending him down for Resop till the end of the minor league season and possibly bringing him back up if he does well down there could be an option. He really needs time to regroup.