Javy Lopez

He was just released by the Rockies.....I know the Marlins hate to spend money but Treanor looks horrible this spring offensively and defensively. I'm still not sold on Olivo. Olivo is a good catcher but could have a huge down year.

Javy Lopez was 6-16 with 4 doubles this spring. I'm sure he could still hit.

It's not gonna happen but Olivo and Lopez sounds a LOT better than Olivo and Treanor.

Javy Lopez was a wonderful player but he can not catch everyday anymore. He is a better fit for an AL team where he can DH and catch occassionally. Not a good fit for the Marlins

He wouldn't need to catch everyday. If he only costs 500-600 K then why not? I think Olivo and Lopez could produce 30 homers.

HE WANTS TO START.

Javy Lopez was a wonderful player but he can not catch everyday anymore. He is a better fit for an AL team where he can DH and catch occassionally. Not a good fit for the Marlins

He wouldn't need to catch everyday. If he only costs 500-600 K then why not? I think Olivo and Lopez could produce 30 homers.

HE WANTS TO START.

WELL HE'S NOT GOING TO.

where the f*** would he start?

HE WANTS TO START.

WELL HE'S NOT GOING TO.

bingo

he says he will sit out the year, or he would be the backup in Atlanta

maybe his ego will get the best of him though

HE WANTS TO START.

WELL HE'S NOT GOING TO.

bingo

he says he will sit out the year, or he would be the backup in Atlanta

maybe his ego will get the best of him though

ha, what an idiot.

not playing is better than proving yourself to teams who already think you can't play?

i don't get these guys.

Matt Treanor > Javy at this point in their respective careers.

No way in hell.

Why is Treanor still given a chance with the Marlins? One word:

nepotism

Who exactly is Treanor related to????

Misty May, baby! You think Loria doesn't want to see that cutie in the stands??? I know I would :thumbup

Javy Lopez also cant really catch at this point in his career, not that he was much of a catcher back in his heyday anyway....

He is blind to reality.

Treanor is your backup catcher, who does a great job with the pitching staff. His value to this team goes way beyond his numbers. You cannot simply get that off the scrap heap.

Javy Lopez also cant really catch at this point in his career, not that he was much of a catcher back in his heyday anyway....

He is blind to reality.

Treanor is your backup catcher, who does a great job with the pitching staff. His value to this team goes way beyond his numbers. You cannot simply get that off the scrap heap.

and others here apparently cant get this FACT through their thickening skulls...

He is blind to reality.

and others here apparently cant get this FACT through their thickening skulls...

They have a notion that backups need to be all stars too.

Don't understand it but whatever.

He is blind to reality.

No one ever stated backups need to be star and I do agree that Treanor is going to be our back up catcher but the real fact is that theres alot of people who would rather have Lopez than Matt and I am one of thoose people.

He is blind to reality.

No one ever stated backups need to be star and I do agree that Treanor is going to be our back up catcher but the real fact is that theres alot of people who would rather have Lopez than Matt and I am one of thoose people.

why?

Lopez cant catch. And his offensive game is detoriating.

What does he actually bring to this team if he got it through his thick skull to be a backup.