Dave Van Horne

KingFishSupreme

While I am on a rampage, I thought I might add that Dave Van Horne is the worst baseball announcer on earth, and whatever other planet baseball or any variation of the game is played on.

I don't need to go into details about the man's "work", but anyone who disagrees with me should go see an audiologist first thing tomorrow morning.

No, listen to the Devil Rays announcers. They suck.

Or actually, anyone who listens to Dan Lebetard and Stugotz, if you heard Stugotz's rant on why they can't be baseball announcers, that was absolutely spectacular. :lol

when was this? I might try to pull it up...

where has DVH been?

Or actually, anyone who listens to Dan Lebetard and Stugotz, if you heard Stugotz's rant on why they can't be baseball announcers, that was absolutely spectacular. :lol

where has DVH been?

It was Thursday, when Stugotz filled in for Sid.

I swear to god, that was hilarious.

where has DVH been?

I was answering phones during that show, I don't remember him saying anything anout DVH, but I personally like all of our announcers (I don't think that rant helps the case if 790 were to pick up Marlins broadcasts...after all, Stugotz is our GM)

where has DVH been?

I was answering phones during that show, I don't remember him saying anything anout DVH, but I personally like all of our announcers (I don't think that rant helps the case if 790 were to pick up Marlins broadcasts...after all, Stugotz is our GM)

Oops I meant his rant on why he and Lebetard can't be baseball announcers. :lol

where has DVH been?

Oops I meant his rant on why he and Lebetard can't be baseball announcers. :lol

heh. ;)

that was great

where has DVH been?

You must be "young Ebbitt" as Defoe calls you. He's got a good sense of humor.

where has DVH been?

You must be "young Ebbitt" as Defoe calls you. He's got a good sense of humor.

I don't work during Defo's show...I'm on Sunday Mornings usually 9-12 and as needed during Sid's show (he has interns, but I fill in)...I have worked with Defo once, and he is quite an interesting character.

The braves guys are the most coma inducing group ever, not counting Boog. DVH is bearable and for all the hoopla and love given Joe Angel, I never cared for him, especially for the worst call ever on a game winning hit in the 7th game of a world series to win in the 11th.

And while we are on it-Sid really sucks, I can only take about 5 minutes of his New York this and NY that, and the Sopranos this and that-I can't wait for him to go to mornings and Joe to move to Qam, so the other horrible duo will be off in the AM-goodbye Bokamper and the other stiff. And Evan Cohen, we know you are a Mets fan, just stop telling us every 5 minutes.

While I am on a rampage, I thought I might add that Dave Van Horne is the worst baseball announcer on earth, and whatever other planet baseball or any variation of the game is played on.

I don't need to go into details about the man's "work", but anyone who disagrees with me should go see an audiologist first thing tomorrow morning.

I couldnt disagree any more.

Sure DVH is getting older and isnt at the top of his game but he a great radio voice. There are PLENTY of announcers out there who are much worse (some of them are Marlins broadcasters).

Go play in traffic.

....... and for all the hoopla and love given Joe Angel, I never cared for him, especially for the worst call ever on a game winning hit in the 7th game of a world series to win in the 11th.

Beg to differ - JA was a great voice for the franchise. Love his "tmaitwc!" His WS call was good (not great) - "The boy becomes king.........." - obviously well thought-out, practiced, and delivered.

As to DVH - he kinda acted surprised when Beckett tagged out Posada - "And it's a world series win for the Florida Marlins" - What???? Still, his voice is bearable and, while it can be a suitable stand-in for Rozerem sometimes, a lot better than most MLB voices.

DVH's World Series call was extremely anti-climatic and boring. Show some emotion not White Sox annoncer emotion but show emotion that the team youve been calling games for all season just won the damn World Series.

In 1997 Bob Costas' call was terrible. You could hear the disappointment in his voice that the 5 year old wild card team from Miami just won the world series.

DVH's World Series call was extremely anti-climatic and boring. Show some emotion not White Sox annoncer emotion but show emotion that the team youve been calling games for all season just won the damn World Series.

In 1997 Bob Costas' call was terrible. You could hear the disappointment in his voice that the 5 year old wild card team from Miami just won the world series.

Boy, you are so right. Costas was so disappointed, it was like, "and darn, the Marlins win the series, oh pooh". He hated the wild card concept UNTIL the Mets made it to the WS as a wild card.