2-25, 4 K, 8 LOB

Game was over as soon as Willis was named the starter. But you gotta love the outing from Pinto...3 scoreless ip. Willy with a nice meaningless play but its always good to see players giving it their all when the game is pretty much over.

As much as we all would like it to be Willis' last home start, I highly doubt it will be because the organization likes him as the face of the franchise with Cabby and Hanley.

Interesting whoever said this before in the game thread but Willis could be placed on DL, I could totally see this team doing it as a excuse him sucking so much, and as a way to keep him off the market.

Thoughts?

Also over heard that this couldve been Wells only complete game shutout of his career...kinda glad they took him out.

Thoughts? Beyond embarrasing and complete frustration.

This was a game we were supposed to win, Kip Wells has probably been one of, if not, the worst NL starting pitcher and we could bairley scratch hits off him! Dontrelle had another poor outing, hopefully the trade deadline comes by and it's just the trade talks that have been affecting him.

On the pros, the Bullpen has shown to be very reliable this season and this game was yet another example of how they kept us in it by not allowing a run for six whole innings.

Not to be a negative nancy, but for those who think this next series with Cincy will be a breeze, say that to their new skipper's 9-4 record, thats right the reds have been 9-4 since they got their new manager and to top it off they swept the Braves. :banghead

Pinto has been really hot/cold this year.. if not just for the "see what happens" factor, id like to see him get a start or two.

DTrain.. just hasnt had the snyc in the motion he had the CYRU year. Just been plain awful. I wouldnt stick a fork in him yet, lord knows he wont.

Game was over as soon as Willis was named the starter. But you gotta love the outing from Pinto...3 scoreless ip. Willy with a nice meaningless play but its always good to see players giving it their all when the game is pretty much over.

As much as we all would like it to be Willis' last home start, I highly doubt it will be because the organization likes him as the face of the franchise with Cabby and Hanley.

Interesting whoever said this before in the game thread but Willis could be placed on DL, I could totally see this team doing it as a excuse him sucking so much, and as a way to keep him off the market.

Thoughts?

Also over heard that this couldve been Wells only complete game shutout of his career...kinda glad they took him out.

The under 16 posters on this website are adorable arent they?

On a more serious note, yeah, Willis has got to be hurt. I think it was Ensam who mentioned that pitchers just don't experience a complete loss of control (unless we have Rick Ankiel Version 2 on our hands which is possible but unlikely).

Dontrelle threw a few pitches that were so far away from the strikezone that the umpire had a look of fear in his eyes. I wouldnt be suprised if the team smartly sends him out for an MRI or a visit to a sports psychologist soon.

Dontrelle will get himself sorted out and for those that want to dump him, this isnt the time to do it. What GM in their right mind is going to trade for a guy who has lost all control of his pitches (and appears to have lost some zip on his fast ball).

The "ZOMG wE hAVe 2 TRadE hIM nOW" crowd will disagree but this is not shocking.

Oh and a big old round of applause for Miguel Cabrera who had 2 of the 3 hits that the team pounded out against a guy with an ERA pushing 8.

This was an embarassing performance all around...they could have had Danny Almonte at age "12" :rolleyes: on the mound pitching against the Marlins today and done as well. The Marlins didn't show up for work tonight. That happens sometimes but it seems it is happenig quite to often to the Marlins...Thats Fredi's job, wanna remind you

Thoughts?

The under 16 posters on this website are adorable arent they?

On a more serious note, yeah, Willis has got to be hurt. I think it was Ensam who mentioned that pitchers just don't experience a complete loss of control (unless we have Rick Ankiel Version 2 on our hands which is possible but unlikely).

Dontrelle threw a few pitches that were so far away from the strikezone that the umpire had a look of fear in his eyes. I wouldnt be suprised if the team smartly sends him out for an MRI or a visit to a sports psychologist soon.

Dontrelle will get himself sorted out and for those that want to dump him, this isnt the time to do it. What GM in their right mind is going to trade for a guy who has lost all control of his pitches (and appears to have lost some zip on his fast ball).

The "ZOMG wE hAVe 2 TRadE hIM nOW" crowd will disagree but this is not shocking.

Oh and a big old round of applause for Miguel Cabrera who had 2 of the 3 hits that the team pounded out against a guy with an ERA pushing 8.

If you think about it, he really hasn't been himself since he left with the forearm injury against the White Sox. Since then, he's gone 0-3 (in six starts) and has allowed 20 earned runs with a 17/14 BB/K. A DL stint is forthcoming.

I'm not going to say anything game related since I'm sure it'll be construed as racism.

Of interest was the scouts section had 5 or 6 guys, none of them regulars who were there to scout the Marlins, notably Willis. One guy who was in a green shirt with a huge World Series ring (and an equally large plug of tobacco) pulled out the radar gun for Dontrelle's first inning, shook his head in the second inning before putting the gun away and then brought it out again for Pinto's second inning of work. :mischief2 Perhaps Pinto's played his way onto a few teams radars. At this point, if it isn't Hanley, Cabrera, Hermida or Willingham, I'd hope we're listening.

It is important to note, though, that none of the regular scouts were at the game tonight, and none of the ones that were there tonight were all that friendly.

Guest Festa

I'm not going to say anything game related since I'm sure it'll be construed as racism.

Of interest was the scouts section had 5 or 6 guys, none of them regulars who were there to scout the Marlins, notably Willis. One guy who was in a green shirt with a huge World Series ring (and an equally large plug of tobacco) pulled out the radar gun for Dontrelle's first inning, shook his head in the second inning before putting the gun away and then brought it out again for Pinto's second inning of work. :mischief2 Perhaps Pinto's played his way onto a few teams radars. At this point, if it isn't Hanley, Cabrera, Hermida or Willingham, I'd hope we're listening.

It is important to note, though, that none of the regular scouts were at the game tonight, and none of the ones that were there tonight were all that friendly.

Of interest was the scouts section had 5 or 6 guys, none of them regulars who were there to scout the Marlins, notably Willis. One guy who was in a green shirt with a huge World Series ring (and an equally large plug of tobacco) pulled out the radar gun for Dontrelle's first inning, shook his head in the second inning before putting the gun away and then brought it out again for Pinto's second inning of work. :mischief 2 Perhaps Pinto's played his way onto a few teams radars. At this point, if it isn't Hanley, Cabrera, Hermida or Willingham, I'd hope we're listening.

:mad

Of interest was the scouts section had 5 or 6 guys, none of them regulars who were there to scout the Marlins, notably Willis. One guy who was in a green shirt with a huge World Series ring (and an equally large plug of tobacco) pulled out the radar gun for Dontrelle's first inning, shook his head in the second inning before putting the gun away and then brought it out again for Pinto's second inning of work. :mischief 2 Perhaps Pinto's played his way onto a few teams radars. At this point, if it isn't Hanley, Cabrera, Hermida or Willingham, I'd hope we're listening.

:mad

YES! Bust Tswift. I was at the game and I heard him turn to one of the scouts and say "are you here to scout that coloured fellow?"