Bulletin Board Material from David Wells

Hotcorner

In his book "Perfect I'm Not", David Wells wrote:

"Forget MInnesota and Montreal, the real franchise that oughta get axed in Florida."

also

"First of all, let me just say that as far as I'm concerned the Marlins have no right to exist. It rains every day, and the local populace is made up almost entirely of reitrees who'd rather hit the early bird special at Red Lobster than risk breaking a hip at any damp, ugly baseball stadium."

David Wells gave up a .290 batting average against right handed hitters this season. You're in for a long night Tubby.

--------

Oh, and in a comedy note, Mariano Rivera says he was speaking to God during the last game against Boston and that God wanted them to win. "God came through for us."

(Sigh...) As if the Marlins weren't enough of an underdog already?? Now they've gotta beat God too?

You have to believe every Marlins' player has seen these quotes time and again. I remember the Herald playing his quotes up bigtime as confirmation of their position that the sooner the Marlins were gone from South Florida the better.

But the bottom-line is, Wells hasn't had it all year against righties and if there's chance Fish can take one (or dare I say it, sweep) the big bad Yankees in the Bronx, the first step on this long march begins with David Wells.

In his book "Perfect I'm Not", David Wells wrote:

"Forget MInnesota and Montreal, the real franchise that oughta get axed in Florida."

also

"First of all, let me just say that as far as I'm concerned the Marlins have no right to exist. It rains every day, and the local populace is made up almost entirely of reitrees who'd rather hit the early bird special at Red Lobster than risk breaking a hip at any damp, ugly baseball stadium."

David Wells gave up a .290 batting average against right handed hitters this season. You're in for a long night Tubby.

--------

Oh, and in a comedy note, Mariano Rivera says he was speaking to God during the last game against Boston and that God wanted them to win. "God came through for us."

(Sigh...) As if the Marlins weren't enough of an underdog already?? Now they've gotta beat God too?

Funny how nobody got mad when I talked about this book back in July.

It's not like your in a small club either, if you read the book almost every team including The Yankees are insulted somewhere through his career.

David Wells is a jerk, period. I knew he was a jerk before I heard about those comments, and I still think he's a jerk. I am not going to spend time fretting over those comments, because I think we should disregard the people who have no need for mouths.

Brad Penny--W

Ugueth Urbina--SV

David Wells--L

Apparently Petite is next...a lefty, our hitters lick their chops...

Good post Hotcorner. I forgot about that BS that Wells threw out there - and I remember commenting on that very topic with much frustration and anger. B/c it seemed a lot of media even agreed with him at the time. They are all choking on their own BS now. Too bad we didnt score more runs on Wells, he was effective wiggling his super-sized posterior out of jams tonight. We got the 'W' though. 3 more, we get to point the finger...

...and I aint talking about the index digit either...