4/25 Post Game Thread

In start after start Olsen keeps proving himself. The guy is really looking like he might have figured it out this year. His starts have actually gotten better almost each time.

Bullpen shuts down the other team once again. Gregg with a nice 2 innings for the win.

Nice nights from Rabelo and Hermida. :thumbup

Good stuff!

Man, Scott Olsen 2008 is so far of an upgrade from Scott Olsen 2007. He didn't get the win but he pitched incredible into the 8th.

7.1IP, 5H, 0R, 5BB, 0K, 99 Pitches.

That's the 3rd game in a row where our SP doesn't get a K, but he looked beautiful all night. Scotty has never been much of a strikeout guy and he pitched beautifully to contact.

Awesome pitching performance by both teams... except for Mota

Begin discussion now!

Fixed

True.

Great pitching for all except Mota. lol

I got to watch the game on mlb.tv over here in dallas (for once it actually doesn't hurt not living in SF) and Mota didn't do as bad as the box score indicates he did. He made some good pitches to both Hermida and Rabelo who simply poked their bats out and dumped them into left for key hits. Credit to them for good AB's though, and Mota did walk Hanley to start the inning....

? Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... ?Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

boooo

I agree....we need a solid starter, not Salty

We also need a real catcher. Though I don't think trading away starting pitching is the way to go about aquiring one.

I'm usually not one to credit chemistry or other outside factors into player and team performance, but I think the more mature clubhouse atmosphere is really helping Scott Olsen. He seems like the kind of person who needs structure and having more veterans, like Helms and Gonzo, around might be a real benefit to someone like him. But also, Wiley and his new quicker approach are doing wonders for him. Keep it up, Scotty!

? Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... ?Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

boooo

I agree....we need a solid starter, not Salty

Pretty sure the Rangers were just an example. There are plenty of other teams that could use a solid 2-3 starter. As nice as it feels to actually have an ace, I didn't have Olsen in the Marlins' rotation in 2010, anyways. So I wouldn't be against seeing him go for the right offer.