Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/25 Post Game Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

Awesome pitching performance by both teams... except for Mota

 

Begin discussion now!

 

Fixed :thumbup

 

True.

 

Great pitching for all except Mota. lol

In start after start Olsen keeps proving himself. The guy is really looking like he might have figured it out this year. His starts have actually gotten better almost each time.

 

Bullpen shuts down the other team once again. Gregg with a nice 2 innings for the win.

 

Nice nights from Rabelo and Hermida. :thumbup

 

 

Good stuff!

Man, Scott Olsen 2008 is so far of an upgrade from Scott Olsen 2007. He didn't get the win but he pitched incredible into the 8th.

 

7.1IP, 5H, 0R, 5BB, 0K, 99 Pitches.

 

That's the 3rd game in a row where our SP doesn't get a K, but he looked beautiful all night. Scotty has never been much of a strikeout guy and he pitched beautifully to contact.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

? Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... ?Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

 

 

boooo

Olsen just continues to get it done! Nice to see that, and we were able to get some runs late and win it.. Great game!

? Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... ?Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

 

 

boooo

I agree....we need a solid starter, not Salty

Awesome pitching performance by both teams... except for Mota

 

Begin discussion now!

 

Fixed

 

True.

 

Great pitching for all except Mota. lol

 

I got to watch the game on mlb.tv over here in dallas (for once it actually doesn't hurt not living in SF) and Mota didn't do as bad as the box score indicates he did. He made some good pitches to both Hermida and Rabelo who simply poked their bats out and dumped them into left for key hits. Credit to them for good AB's though, and Mota did walk Hanley to start the inning....

? Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... ?Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

 

 

boooo

I agree....we need a solid starter, not Salty

 

We also need a real catcher. Though I don't think trading away starting pitching is the way to go about aquiring one.

well i just got back to my hotel. what an awesome game!!

 

can't wait for tomorrow. i'll take some more live photos from miller park tomorrow.

May I add something? WORST GAME NOT TO TELEVISE. I mean come on, EXTRA INNING SHUTOUT!

 

Agreed. I hate having to listen to the radio like it's 1941.

I'm usually not one to credit chemistry or other outside factors into player and team performance, but I think the more mature clubhouse atmosphere is really helping Scott Olsen. He seems like the kind of person who needs structure and having more veterans, like Helms and Gonzo, around might be a real benefit to someone like him. But also, Wiley and his new quicker approach are doing wonders for him. Keep it up, Scotty!

May I add something? WORST GAME NOT TO TELEVISE. I mean come on, EXTRA INNING SHUTOUT!

 

Agreed. I hate having to listen to the radio like it's 1941.

 

same here, its a Friday and a away game, whats up wit that?

? Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... ?Man, I would love to see how much trade value Scott Olsen would have to a team like the Texas Rangers right now...

 

 

boooo

I agree....we need a solid starter, not Salty

Pretty sure the Rangers were just an example. There are plenty of other teams that could use a solid 2-3 starter. As nice as it feels to actually have an ace, I didn't have Olsen in the Marlins' rotation in 2010, anyways. So I wouldn't be against seeing him go for the right offer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.