Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nolasco is just a stud

Featured Replies

Incase you were wondering, Baseball Tonight was unaware that Ricky pitched. I know this because they didn't show him once.

 

 

Did they even know it was Marlins vs D-Backs? I didn't see Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter but going by what everyone else on this board said, they only seemed to know that Brandon Webb pitched and lost.

 

I wonder if they're even aware who the first place team in the NL East is.

It's the Phillies right?

 

:p

Incase you were wondering, Baseball Tonight was unaware that Ricky pitched. I know this because they didn't show him once.

 

 

Did they even know it was Marlins vs D-Backs? I didn't see Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter but going by what everyone else on this board said, they only seemed to know that Brandon Webb pitched and lost.

 

I wonder if they're even aware who the first place team in the NL East is.

It's the Phillies right?

 

:p

 

Nah, the Mutts... they have Santana

As well as Andrew Miller's outings in April when Rabelo started the season on the DL? Or do we not want to talk about those?

 

Yes, Treanor has a lower CERA, with 2 more starts this year. If anyone wants to, I'd like to see the breakdown between them by pitchers. After all, the idea that you'll have a lower CERA if you catch Olsen and Hendrickson more shouldn't seem too farfetched.

 

Treanor

Pitcher	  Games   IP	ERA   WHIP
------------+-------+-----+-----+-----
Olsen		   3	20.2   3.48  1.065
Hendrickson	 6	31.2   3.41  1.548
Nolasco		 7	36.1   3.44  1.212
Miller		  4	21.1   4.22  1.219
Badenhop		4	15.0   7.20  1.533
VandenHurk	  1	 3.0  10.21  2.333

Rabelo

Pitcher	  Games   IP	ERA   WHIP
------------+-------+-----+-----+-----
Olsen		   6	40.0   2.47  1.225
Hendrickson	 4	26.2   3.42  1.139
Nolasco		 2	 9.2  10.21  2.165
Miller		  4	18.0   7.50  2.333
Badenhop		4	19.2   6.40  1.628
VandenHurk	  0	 0.0   0.00   N/A

Disclaimer: Since I did the calculations myself, there is a slight float point error when it comes to either 1/3 or 2/3 of an inning, which were rounded to .3 and .7 respectively. It threw the calculations off a tiny bit, at most +/- 0.03.

 

EDIT: Added WHIP.

Hopefully we'll have a "Miller is GODLY!" thread popping up late-night tomorrow. :thumbup

My take on that... Rabelo catches Olsen/Hendrickson... Treanor catches everyone else :p

 

treanor should play all the time. he's easily better behind the plate and is hitting nearly 70 points higher.

Incase you were wondering, Baseball Tonight was unaware that Ricky pitched. I know this because they didn't show him once.

 

 

Did they even know it was Marlins vs D-Backs? I didn't see Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter but going by what everyone else on this board said, they only seemed to know that Brandon Webb pitched and lost.

 

I wonder if they're even aware who the first place team in the NL East is.

It's the Phillies right?

 

:p

 

Nah, the Mutts... they have Santana

Could be the Braves, I mean Admin (Chipper) is hittin over .400 still.. (Incredible I might add)

Incase you were wondering, Baseball Tonight was unaware that Ricky pitched. I know this because they didn't show him once.

 

 

Did they even know it was Marlins vs D-Backs? I didn't see Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter but going by what everyone else on this board said, they only seemed to know that Brandon Webb pitched and lost.

 

I wonder if they're even aware who the first place team in the NL East is.

It's the Phillies right?

 

:p

 

Nah, the Mutts... they have Santana

Could be the Braves, I mean Admin (Chipper) is hittin over .400 still.. (Incredible I might add)

 

Nah, he was right, the Mutts also have Jose Reyes, "the most exciting player in baseball."

Incase you were wondering, Baseball Tonight was unaware that Ricky pitched. I know this because they didn't show him once.

 

 

Did they even know it was Marlins vs D-Backs? I didn't see Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter but going by what everyone else on this board said, they only seemed to know that Brandon Webb pitched and lost.

 

I wonder if they're even aware who the first place team in the NL East is.

It's the Phillies right?

 

:p

 

Nah, the Mutts... they have Santana

Could be the Braves, I mean Admin (Chipper) is hittin over .400 still.. (Incredible I might add)

 

Nah, he was right, the Mutts also have Jose Reyes, "the most exciting player in baseball."

Nah, it continues to be a three team race between the phils, mets and braves.

 

Fine, it's us against the world.

A lot of this has to do with Treanor, mind you.

 

 

 

When Nolasco has a bad outing, should it also be attributed to Treanor?

Definitely had all three pitches working tonight, and when that happens he is nearly unhittable. Nolasco IMO is the key to the season. If he can pitch well all season, we have a shot at this.

I think the key is Anibal and Volstad coming in and throwing bullets in July. Ricky is Ricky. He's going to end up in the pen soon even if there is the occasional dominating start.

 

For the life of me, I can't understand how you can write off a 25 year old pitcher with the stuff that Nolasco has. Yes, Ricky is Ricky. He has a mid 90's fastball, and a very good curve ball. Ricky is a promising young pitcher. His biggest problem so far in his major league career has been consistency. Given that 06' was his rookie year, and he missed all of 07' with a bum elbow, I think that is to be expected.. I mean is it out of the realm of possibility that Ricky can get better as he gets more big league experience, and matures? I'm not saying Ricky is our future ace by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think he can be a successful major league starting pitcher.

 

Rave all you want (not you personally but the board in general) about Miller, and RVH, and maybe even Badenhope, but I don't recall Ricky having an ERA in the 8's in his rookie or sophomore years. He's had much more success than any of those guys, and yet he doesn't get any respect. ""He's going to end up in the pen soon". Why? Especially when you want to replace him with guys from the minors (Tucker/Volstad) who haven't pitched a single inning of major league ball. Yes, I want Anibal and Mitre back as soon as possible also, but that doesn't mean that Ricky doesn't fit into our rotation or our future plans.

Ricky looked good last night, looks like his mechanics are starting to get back to where they should be. I saw speeds as high as 96 on the TV gun, was it super humid? Very proud of the Fish this year, can't wait until they come out to San Diego and LA.

Ricky looked good last night, looks like his mechanics are starting to get back to where they should be...

 

Which is why I'm not sure we'll see much from Mitre, Johnson or Sanchez until very late in the season. Look at what the Yankees are about to do with Chamberlain, stretch him out a bit more and then send him back down to stretch out further and build up the endurance to conceivably go nine innings.

 

These three guys aren't going to be helping themselves as starting pitchers by working out of the pen when they are ready to restart their careers and begin throwing competitively. Just their existence and the need for roster spots in AA may demand guys like Tucker and Volstad or de la Cruz (or whoever) need to come up if for no other reason than to give the other three an opportunity to pitch every five days.

 

In some ways it's too bad that the minor league seasons end around the first of September because these guys may just be getting going when their seasons shut down. And I'm really not too up on the idea of them going off to some winter league team without a Dean Treanor or Wiley or some Marlins' related supervision guiding their recoveries.

I read that Johnson was throwing the other day. I think he's on track to probably come back earlier than the others. But you can't count on guys who haven't pitched in so long to be effective.

Incase you were wondering, Baseball Tonight was unaware that Ricky pitched. I know this because they didn't show him once.

 

 

Did they even know it was Marlins vs D-Backs? I didn't see Baseball Tonight or SportsCenter but going by what everyone else on this board said, they only seemed to know that Brandon Webb pitched and lost.

 

I wonder if they're even aware who the first place team in the NL East is.

It's the Phillies right?

 

:p

 

Nah, the Mutts... they have Santana

Could be the Braves, I mean Admin (Chipper) is hittin over .400 still.. (Incredible I might add)

 

Nah, he was right, the Mutts also have Jose Reyes, "the most exciting player in baseball."

Nah, it continues to be a three team race between the phils, mets and braves.

 

Fine, it's us against the world.

 

Of course it is, because we have had a weak schedule and only beat up on the lesser teams. Lets face it, regardless of what happens in tonights game, this series for the players, the organization, and the fans has been a success. The players looked jacked last night, and Im sure they are going carry this momentum over to the Giants then the Mutts, regardless if they win or lose tonight.

Ricky looked good last night, looks like his mechanics are starting to get back to where they should be. I saw speeds as high as 96 on the TV gun, was it super humid? Very proud of the Fish this year, can't wait until they come out to San Diego and LA.

 

It was a nice night and the humidity wasnt terrible. Maybe the humidity was the reason why Webb left some breaking balls up in the zone late in his outing. Obviously the heat is like Arizona, but they dont have the humidity that we do, and they also play in a retractable roof stadium.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.