September 9, 200818 yr I hate this time of the season, when I give up on playoff hopes. The wins don't make me as happy (and the losses don't hurt as much). I begin to realize that the Marlins' season is almost over and that soon I will again go cold turkey until spring training. We still have the pennant races, the playoffs and the World Series but with the Marlins out of it, they are not as exciting. I begin to think of how I will miss my almost daily fix at 7pm. How I will miss reading the articles about the game in the morning papers and reading the comments and discussions on this site. I should be getting used to it. After all we've only been to the playoffs twice since 1993, but what rides those were in 1997 and 2003! Soon our attention will turn to off-season trades and contract negotiations, discussions about which players will stay and who will go, new stadium trials and tribulations....while we wait..... and wait.... and wait.... for pitchers and catchers to report.
September 9, 200818 yr im right there with u bro! :thumbup now at 7 o clock i might have to start doing homework when the regular season ends
September 9, 200818 yr THe good part about this time of the year is when they bring up a whole bunch of new faces, that looks like it will have to wait until Carolina wraps up. Can't wait to see Maybin and hopefully Sanchez playing this season.
September 9, 200818 yr The losses are still going to hurt because I'll be quite disappointed if this team finishes under .500, which seems a distinct possibility right now.
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season!
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry Well I'm sorry you see things as only that. But to go into this season thinking that an unproven, young team that makes a lot of errors and has the core of the rotation injured for half the season as a "playoff team", then you are perhaps too hopeful. Sorry
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry I don't believe this kind of thinking because I don't think that 75% of the teams in the league are "failures".
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry I don't believe this kind of thinking because I don't think that 75% of the teams in the league are "failures". Well said Rab
September 9, 200818 yr This time of year does suck. I love football and all but i have passion for baseball and the fish. I like seeing the new faces up here though and i want us to finish above 500 but lately im geeting so frustrated with certain pitchers its hard to watch the fish, sanchez and olsen drive me crazy. Even when were lsoing i usally enjoy watchin jj, nolasko and volstad pitch and miller out if the pen.
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry I don't believe this kind of thinking because I don't think that 75% of the teams in the league are "failures". When i like a team, at the start of the season, i don't say, if they finish above 500 i'm happy, it is like entering a race and at the start say, i hope i finish fourth, no, we enter to win, what would you be saying if the team put out a statement at the start saying we just want to finish above 500
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry I don't believe this kind of thinking because I don't think that 75% of the teams in the league are "failures". When i like a team, at the start of the season, i don't say, if they finish above 500 i'm happy, it is like entering a race and at the start say, i hope i finish fourth, no, we enter to win, what would you be saying if the team put out a statement at the start saying we just want to finish above 500 It's not like we don't want the team go into the playoffs, but when everyone is expecting the team to go 10 games under .500, the thought of winning more than you lose is a very nice one.
September 9, 200818 yr i can pretty much agree with everything "fanfish" said. yes i would like the Marlins to finish over .500 and play spoiler to the Phillies or Mets. What an end it would be to really put a dagger in the hopes of the Mets yet again! though i really am excited about next year and knowing that the club will be different then what it was this year. i will be content to see Maybin, Gaby Sanchez, Coughlan all get the call up and see what they got.
September 9, 200818 yr i can pretty much agree with everything "fanfish" said. yes i would like the Marlins to finish over .500 and play spoiler to the Phillies or Mets. What an end it would be to really put a dagger in the hopes of the Mets yet again! though i really am excited about next year and knowing that the club will be different then what it was this year. i will be content to see Maybin, Gaby Sanchez, Coughlan all get the call up and see what they got. s i also hope 1 or 2 good signings can get us back in it...i know the F.O. knows how good this team can be they just g2 fix the weaknesses....i am still hoping pudge comes here one last time and we go for all the marbles
September 9, 200818 yr Personally, going into this season, the only thing I wanted was the Fish to at least finish above .500. Of course, by the All-Star break when it looked like the playoffs were an attainable goal, I (like everyone else) got too hopeful. But as long as the Marlins finish at .500 or above, I still consider this a successful season. Plus it will set my sights even higher for next season (that is, if the core still remains)! Well, at least it almost time for Hockey Season! If the only thing you want from a team is to finish above .500, that is sad, I want my team to make the playoff at least, anything less is a failure, sorry I don't believe this kind of thinking because I don't think that 75% of the teams in the league are "failures". When i like a team, at the start of the season, i don't say, if they finish above 500 i'm happy, it is like entering a race and at the start say, i hope i finish fourth, no, we enter to win, what would you be saying if the team put out a statement at the start saying we just want to finish above 500 It's not like we don't want the team go into the playoffs, but when everyone is expecting the team to go 10 games under .500, the thought of winning more than you lose is a very nice one. It's not just that. We have seen this team rebuild. If anyone at the start of the season expected us to make the play offs they were just kidding themselves. This year was never about that despite what some tried to make it to be. I enjoy watching them grow and learn. It will make it that much more enjoyable when we are really in the race for the play offs. A little tweaking this off season and look out next year.
September 9, 200818 yr hey we have a new objective now, Finish over .500, at least its something to strive for
September 9, 200818 yr On the bright side, we won't have to see Kevin Gregg blow any saves for a while.
September 9, 200818 yr ITs time to Do what we are best at BEING SPOILERS lets f*** EVERYONE UP AND CUZ SOME MAYHEM
September 9, 200818 yr ITs time to Do what we are best at BEING SPOILERS lets f*** EVERYONE UP AND CUZ SOME MAYHEM It would be nice if we could keep the Mets out of the playoffs again and shut down the dump known as Shea Stadium for good.
September 9, 200818 yr ITs time to Do what we are best at BEING SPOILERS lets f*** EVERYONE UP AND CUZ SOME MAYHEM It would be nice if we could keep the Mets out of the playoffs again and shut down the dump known as Shea Stadium for good. DANM STRAIGHT beat LA beat LA beat LA oo i mean beat the Muts beat the Muts beat the Muts
September 10, 200818 yr I want us to end the season respectably, over .500 (which is a huge accomplishment in itself considering what everyone predicted for us) and playing spoiler to other teams trying to clinch their playoff spots. I am sad when I look at my Marlins schedule and see the games winding down, I love baseball and I miss it when it is over :tissue
September 10, 200818 yr hey we have a new objective now, Finish over .500, at least its something to strive for Which brings up a question. When is that make up game vs the Reds going to take place, if at all??
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.