August 5, 200917 yr The last thing I'd want is Hammer to face a LHP and Fredi obviously wanted Meyer for Dunn. So that leaves either having Kiko Calero in for Morgan, or Pinto. Morgan v.s. RHP: .807 OPS Morgan v.s. LHP: .558 I don't see anything wrong with what Fredi did.
August 5, 200917 yr The last thing I'd want is Hammer to face a LHP and Fredi obviously wanted Meyer for Dunn. So that leaves either having Kiko Calero in for Morgan, or Pinto. Morgan v.s. RHP: .807 OPS Morgan v.s. LHP: .558 I don't see anything wrong with what Fredi did. we lost, that's what he did.
August 5, 200917 yr The last thing I'd want is Hammer to face a LHP and Fredi obviously wanted Meyer for Dunn. So that leaves either having Kiko Calero in for Morgan, or Pinto. Morgan v.s. RHP: .807 OPS Morgan v.s. LHP: .558 I don't see anything wrong with what Fredi did. we lost, that's what he did. Fredi did the right decision. Did u see where that ball was to Christian Guzman. Right down the pipe. So that tied the game, then it was all downhill.
April 4, 20188 yr Author Great bump. Did he wave Bour or did he run through a stop sign? he waved Bour. Mattingly said it was a "great call" in the post-game interview, and Bour was only out at home because it was "a perfect throw"
April 4, 20188 yr he waved Bour. Mattingly said it was a "great call" in the post-game interview, and Bour was only out at home because it was "a perfect throw" And by perfect throw, he meant literally any throw the catcher could field cleanly within a 20 mile radius, right?
April 4, 20188 yr Our offense sucks, I'd have sent Bour too. The next 2 guys up would have made outs too and as you saw nobody else was able to produce a run after that play either. This team can't score, our only chance to win that game was that play. Taking a chance there was fine by me.
April 4, 20188 yr Second guessing is easy for the armchair quarterbacks here. I saw people saying he should’ve been pinch run for and nobody could tell me a realistic choice. Sending him was the right move there. I thought about that too with the pinch runner but we were also dealing with a short bench. In the end it was the right call, the team just wasn't scoring.
April 4, 20188 yr Maybe only waves Bour home from the third base when the ball still in the warning track when he touches the third base…anyone know how many times he was out at home in his career ?
April 4, 20188 yr I thought about that too with the pinch runner but we were also dealing with a short bench. In the end it was the right call, the team just wasn't scoring. I think if he represents the tying run,Mattingly would pinch running him with anybody else.
April 4, 20188 yr There was also a bobble in the outfield right? I can honestly say that in the moment that the play was happening I thought the bobble was enough to take the chance and send Bour.
April 4, 20188 yr I think if he represents the tying run,Mattingly would pinch running him with anybody else. Yes and he represented the winning run so that vastly changes things, good point. Someone suggested using Jarlin Garcia to pinch run. That's a bad move because the game could've easily been tied instead and kept going. Can't burn one of your few remaining arms in extra innings. Bour was on first base so he wasn't even in scoring position. Blaming Don is pretty nutty.
April 4, 20188 yr Author guys. this thread is not titled FIRE MATTINGLY. there's not even any alliteration there.
April 4, 20188 yr guys. this thread is not titled FIRE MATTINGLY. there's not even any alliteration there. I also think Fredi made the right call there, happy now munchkin?
April 4, 20188 yr Author I also think Fredi made the right call there, happy now munchkin? no you are
May 24, 20188 yr Anyone want to discuss this further in light of Fredi sending Deetz home tonight? I missed it what happened?
May 24, 20188 yr Anyone want to discuss this further in light of Fredi sending Deetz home tonight? Nah, just being aggressive. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. They make a perfect throw, you tip you cap to him.
May 24, 20188 yr I missed it what happened? You’ve probably read the game report by now but if not, here’s my version of events. Top 9, Marlins down 1-0 with Familia in to close. Runners on 2nd (Dietrich) and 3rd (Rivera) with 1 out. JT hits a sharp single, easily scoring Rivera and advancing Dietrich to third. Fredi waives Dietrich home and he’s thrown out. Now the game is tied with 2 outs. Realmuto advanced to second on the fielders choice throw home. Bour IBB to set up Castro who singled to bring in the game winning run. I have a few qualifiers. Hindsight is 20/20. The job Fredi has on sending runners is most certainly more difficult than it looks from my couch. Yes, Castro got him off the hook by driving in the game winning run. Maybe this is confirmation bias, but I feel like Fredi is constantly doing this. Dietrich isn’t slow granted, but it was a sharply hit ball that was fielded cleanly. With one out you still have the chance to bring the go ahead run home with a sac fly. Just seemed a little too aggressive given the circumstances.
May 24, 20188 yr due to circumstances that the Marlins lack the efficiency of bring him runners to homeplate, I'll side with Freddi on sending Dietz and trying to take the lead.
May 24, 20188 yr due to circumstances that the Marlins lack the efficiency of bring him runners to homeplate, I'll side with Freddi on sending Dietz and trying to take the lead. Fair enough. It’s all academic at this point.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.