I'm Trading JJ

cornfield

I'm a cheap fan and I'd send Johnson to Philly if they want to send back Happ and a couple strong players from their farm. With so many position players entrenched, the Phills should be willing to part with some good talent. I don't mind facing JJ a few times a year and I feel very good about the solid, cheap lefty, Happ.

I'm gonna go with :ban

I second that notion

Omg, I third this, terrible idea. I mean, if you're going to trade him, why trade him with the phillies? What the hell, man there are other teams that could offer us better players. I'm actually angry reading this idea......gtfo. :mad

I also agree. Especially considering, who would you want from within the Phillies organization that they would be willing to part with? They refused to trade for Halladay because they didn't want to give up any of their stud prospects but somehow we are supposed to get said prospects for JJ? If you're going to have a "I'm Trading JJ" thread why not discuss the alleged offer Texas made for JJ instead of contemplating trading him within the division? Absurd.

I'm a cheap fan and I'd send Johnson to Philly if they want to send back Happ and a couple strong players from their farm. With so many position players entrenched, the Phills should be willing to part with some good talent. I don't mind facing JJ a few times a year and I feel very good about the solid, cheap lefty, Happ.

i would say you must be a fan, a fan of philly

Fail post

The Marlins have been known to deal players to division rivals in the past. But it seems when it comes to dealing stars they only deal them to division rivals when they are desperate to dump their salary. (see Delgado, Carlos)

I do believe we were on the books for a good portion of his salary for a while. He wasn't the only one. Remember the specifics on how we got JP in that 3 team trade?

I think the consensus here is that I am stupid. I believe Johnson is far more valuable than Halladay as trade bait because he makes a lot less money and is younger. Perhaps I don't like Johnson's future as much as many others here, but I'd deal him while his value is highest.

No one is questioning how high is value is here. Believe me, we all know that. The problem with your original post is that you want to trade our stud of a starting pitcher to the PHILLIES. And for Happ no less. Happ + prospects for JJ is a terrible trade. JJ to the Phillies is a terrible idea.

I'm just too curious to know the thinking behind all the slinging for the fences on this topic. Happ had a better ERA last season, pitches on the total cheap ... saving the Marlins millions next season ... and would come to the Marlins in the company of additional talent. Happ is also a reliable lefty, which the Marlins could certainly use. What makes JJ an ace and why the Happ smear? ERA, ratio ... it's all basically the same.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.