Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/19 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins win and take Game 1 of the short series, 5-1!

 

W: Sanchez (3-2)

L: Hawksworth (0-2)

 

2B: C Ross (12); J Cantu (13); D Uggla (9)

HR: D Uggla (11); C Maybin (3)

excellent pitching by anibal, timely offense and the bullpen came through.

 

however, i am really worried about badenhop. Hes given up a run in 7 of his last 8 appearances!!

Boy, Craig just kept pushing Hanley and pushing Hanley. I don't blame him for walking away.

 

ANIBAL!!!!!

 

Let's hope this continues. I also love seeing Maybin hitting and hitting flyballs even when he's making outs. Guaranteed at least a split with a chance to sweep, and we saved Leo's arm. Excellent.

Boy, Craig just kept pushing Hanley and pushing Hanley. I don't blame him for walking away.

 

ANIBAL!!!!!

 

Let's hope this continues. I also love seeing Maybin hitting and hitting flyballs even when he's making outs. Guaranteed at least a split with a chance to sweep, and we saved Leo's arm. Excellent.

 

 

yeah let's not make it worse Craig.

 

 

& wow if Maybin keeps hitting like this.... not a weak spot in this lineup right now.

  • Author

Tough assignment tomorrow going up against Wainwright. We need to strike early and Robertson needs to be sharp.

im in montreal now so i dont get to see the post game show with mlb tv......hanley walked away from the interview??

 

He politely but abruptly said "thank you" and ended it.

im in montreal now so i dont get to see the post game show with mlb tv......hanley walked away from the interview??

 

He politely but abruptly said "thank you" and ended it.

 

yea probably the smarter thing to do....i cant wait to get back home and see some games.

I am going to go ahead and chalk up tomorrow as a loss. Just throwing that out there. But nice game tonight.

 

 

I wont go that far but Id bet Pujols goes deep.

 

Also Dan seems to be on a homer streak. I have never really like Anibal much but he has been pretty darn good this year. St. Clair telling him to be aggressive with his fastball is working great. Great to also see Maybin getting balls in the air lately.

This game was amazing. :) Great pitching from both starters + us winning = great game all around. Glad to see the team come together to get some runs. I have to agree with my not expecting much from tomorrow's game... but I'm still heading home early to watch.

I am going to go ahead and chalk up tomorrow as a loss. Just throwing that out there. But nice game tonight.

 

 

I'm afraid to say that I agree with this.

 

Coming into the series, I would've been delighted to come away 1-1, but obviously I'm hoping that Wainwright has a bad day tomorrow or we can get to their bullpen or something and come away with a 2-0.

 

Anibal was amazing tonight, I hope he can keep it up like has been said above. I don't expect him to throw 7 shutout innings every time, but if he can win us some games and keep his ERA in the high 3s/low 4s.... we'll be good.

I am going to go ahead and chalk up tomorrow as a loss. Just throwing that out there. But nice game tonight.

 

That's because you're terrible.

I am going to go ahead and chalk up tomorrow as a loss. Just throwing that out there. But nice game tonight.

 

 

I wont go that far but Id bet Pujols goes deep.

 

Also Dan seems to be on a homer streak. I have never really like Anibal much but he has been pretty darn good this year. St. Clair telling him to be aggressive with his fastball is working great. Great to also see Maybin getting balls in the air lately.

 

Dude there is a reason why Anibal threw that no hitter it wasn't a fluke when Anibal is on the money no one in our Rotation is better and this is from a true JJ fan. In fact Anibal's stuff is just sensational. Injuries have seem to have gotten the best of him however I believe he is becoming a steady dependable starter He also has been let down by the Bullpen as all other Marlins starters but I like his presence on the mound right now. He looks confident and dominant

I am going to go ahead and chalk up tomorrow as a loss. Just throwing that out there. But nice game tonight.

 

 

Comeon Spike! Don't be a party pooper I say we win another game tomorrow. The Marlins are Hot!

I am going to go ahead and chalk up tomorrow as a loss. Just throwing that out there. But nice game tonight.

 

 

I wont go that far but Id bet Pujols goes deep.

 

Also Dan seems to be on a homer streak. I have never really like Anibal much but he has been pretty darn good this year. St. Clair telling him to be aggressive with his fastball is working great. Great to also see Maybin getting balls in the air lately.

 

Dude there is a reason why Anibal threw that no hitter it wasn't a fluke when Anibal is on the money no one in our Rotation is better and this is from a true JJ fan. In fact Anibal's stuff is just sensational. Injuries have seem to have gotten the best of him however I believe he is becoming a steady dependable starter He also has been let down by the Bullpen as all other Marlins starters but I like his presence on the mound right now. He looks confident and dominant

I think if you take all our pitchers when they're at their bests Ricky is better than Ani.

I mean, if we're going to do this, Josh Johnson is pretty damn dominating when he's on, too. Ask Arizona yesterday.

I dont really agree with that. Anibal's stuff is fairly average across the board, he gets by on location. When he isnt hitting his spots, he gets rocked.

 

And you are terrible Raul AND your mom cant cook worth a darn. BOOM.

 

 

 

From my observation, I see the same thing, really. I don't think Anibal's stuff is all that great. According to Randy St. Claire, however, Anibal has the best fastball on the team in terms of movement.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.