Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phillies Series

Featured Replies

It's good to play the good teams. Playing the bad teams makes it harder to make waves in the standings by winning.

 

Can't beat em in the regular season, won't be able to beat em in the playoffs.

While that's obviously not true (as has been stated), I don't actually see what your post has anything to do with my post.

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

You could also shore up the bullpen by electing to put your fifth starter as a reliever, though I don't think that happens very often, does it?

Ryan Howard flew to Florida with the team - but just flew back to Philadelphia today for more tests on an injured ankle.

 

Don't think he'll see much if any action in this series.

Ryan Howard flew to Florida with the team - but just flew back to Philadelphia today for more tests on an injured ankle.

 

Don't think he'll see much if any action in this series.

 

 

Can't say I'm crushed he won't be in their lineup.

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

I think MLB is trying to change this, no? Maybe not this year but I think they will be cutting down on the off days.

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

I think MLB is trying to change this, no? Maybe not this year but I think they will be cutting down on the off days.

 

 

the Commissioner acknowledged that there were too many days off last postseason.

 

Now weather they'll do something about it... we'll see

Oswalt and Kendrick are beatable.

Halliday, eh not so much.

 

Go and take 2/3 and get closer in the division.

 

 

 

Well seeing that Halladay had a perfect game against us the last time, the law of averages say we are due to breakout against him this time :thumbup

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

I think MLB is trying to change this, no? Maybe not this year but I think they will be cutting down on the off days.

 

 

I think that's part of the reason why the season is starting earlier next season (I believe it starts on a Friday).

They're eliminating one off day this postseason.

 

http://content.usato...e-day-in-2010/1

 

Mar 24, 2010

MLB reduces postseason by just one day in 2010

 

Major League Baseball, ridiculed by managers and players for the excessive off-days in the postseason, announced Wednesday that one of the off-days will be eliminated this year

 

The off-day between the fourth and fifth game in the League Championship Series, which began in 2007, has been eliminated.

 

It will be the only change in the postseason schedule in 2010, Commissioner Bud Selig said, although more off-days could be eliminated in the future. The change, Selig said, came on the recommendation of his Special Committee for On-Field Matters that was formed in December.

 

"The Special Committee for On-Field Matters is examining a wide variety of topics and issues and additional announcements will be forthcoming," Selig said in a statement. "Scheduling is a key area in which the members have expressed many interesting ideas and opinions. The removal of the off-day during both League Championship Series marks the first step in a process that will ultimately result in an improved postseason format for our game."

 

The postseason will begin on Oct. 6 for three of the division series, with the ALCS beginning on Oct. 15, the NLCS on Oct. 16, and the World Series scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 27.

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

I think MLB is trying to change this, no? Maybe not this year but I think they will be cutting down on the off days.

 

 

I think that's part of the reason why the season is starting earlier next season (I believe it starts on a Friday).

 

Maybe it's just me, but I always like the fact Opening Day is a Monday with the season opener on ESPN the previous night.

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

I think MLB is trying to change this, no? Maybe not this year but I think they will be cutting down on the off days.

 

 

I think that's part of the reason why the season is starting earlier next season (I believe it starts on a Friday).

 

Maybe it's just me, but I always like the fact Opening Day is a Monday with the season opener on ESPN the previous night.

 

Yeah i agree... where'd u hear about this Friday opener Erick?

The circumstances are a lot different in playoff series than they are in regular season series.

 

MLB gives way too many unnecessary off-days in the postseason. This means that a team can get by without a fifth starter and sometimes without a fourth starter.

 

In a regular season series, it's possible that a team could face an opponent without even using it's 1 or 2 starters.

 

If a team has a major weakness in it's back end of the rotation, it benefits greatly from how the postseason is configured.

 

 

I think MLB is trying to change this, no? Maybe not this year but I think they will be cutting down on the off days.

 

 

I think that's part of the reason why the season is starting earlier next season (I believe it starts on a Friday).

 

Maybe it's just me, but I always like the fact Opening Day is a Monday with the season opener on ESPN the previous night.

 

Yeah i agree... where'd u hear about this Friday opener Erick?

 

Ah crap, I found it... and dont really like it. Maybe its not so bad but it just doesnt suit me personally, oh well.

 

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/07/mlb-opening-day-2011-to-fall-on-friday-april-1-season-to-end-on-a-wednesday/1

It's good to play the good teams. Playing the bad teams makes it harder to make waves in the standings by winning.

 

 

Not only that, but if we are beating the harder teams we are gathering a better W-L for the wildcard and division if they're all in front of us.

 

Plus it proves if we can beat them, we can beat anybody (ala San Diego and Atlanta, etc.)

Oswalt and Kendrick are beatable.

Halliday, eh not so much.

 

Go and take 2/3 and get closer in the division.

 

 

Well,he is sorta beatable,he's lost 8 games this year. Obviously we've not had too much luck against him though anyway.

I'd feel better if it was maybe Ricky or Ani going up against him tonight. You're right though take 2/3,which is always the goal.

It's great that Howard won't be playing much in this series. I hear something about Utley being injured too? Wow.

It's great that Howard won't be playing much in this series. I hear something about Utley being injured too? Wow.

 

 

 

 

Yup Utley is on the DL too. Good for us, bad for my fantasy team.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.