June 20, 201115 yr As it turns out: Chris Coghlan on DL, not headed to minors. In aftermath of decision to send him to minors,he informed team of a knee issue. -Buster Olney
June 20, 201115 yr Sounds like somebody was a little ticked off and decided to make the organization pay (literally). Get over it Cogs, if you had been hitting better maybe two coaches wouldn't be on the streets and you'd still be starting.
June 20, 201115 yr Another couple of days and we'll find out that Coghlan quit baseball to become a priest.
June 20, 201115 yr Another couple of days and we'll find out that Coghlan quit baseball to become a priest. No, he would become a preacher. I know as he is a good Christian man, and came to our church a few months ago to speak during worship service. His twitter account is cogs4christ. I was devastated when I heard he was going down. Now he has a mysterious injury? What in the world is going on with this team. JJ was supposed to be on the 15 day list, and then got moved to 60 day, and now this. Why is this team so wierd? I've been sick all day, and crying half that time. I may give the Marlins a rest soon.
June 20, 201115 yr Any thought to the possibility that he was trying to play through an injury? Then, when the Marlins were calling him on his poor play... he admitted he was hurt. We know this "hiding an injury" happens quite a bit in Baseball. Like others have also said, it could also be a stunt. Just thinking about different sides of this, it seems weird.
June 20, 201115 yr I don't think Coghlan would pull a stunt. Yeah that doesn't sound very Christian like.
June 20, 201115 yr Maybe Coghlan knee'd Stanton in the eye playing slap and tickle. The impact of Stanton's eye hurt Coghlan's knee. In the process, Coghlan's knee infected Stanton's eye. Hanley injured his back trying to separate both players.
June 20, 201115 yr Cogs was one of the few players during this streak where you could tell there was something seriously wrong with his attitude. No fire, just weak ground balls to first and second and acceptance. He was a favorite player of mine but he was the first player to really start annoying me in this whole fiasco. His whole body language was wrong, careless and remote. I hope when he comes off the DL he goes straight to AAA until he grows a pair.
June 20, 201115 yr Cogs was one of the few players during this streak where you could tell there was something seriously wrong with his attitude. No fire, just weak ground balls to first and second and acceptance. He was a favorite player of mine but he was the first player to really start annoying me in this whole fiasco. His whole body language was wrong, careless and remote. I hope when he comes off the DL he goes straight to AAA until he grows a pair. lol
June 20, 201115 yr Cogs was one of the few players during this streak where you could tell there was something seriously wrong with his attitude. No fire, just weak ground balls to first and second and acceptance. He was a favorite player of mine but he was the first player to really start annoying me in this whole fiasco. His whole body language was wrong, careless and remote. I hope when he comes off the DL he goes straight to AAA until he grows a pair. lol Coghlan > Wise
June 20, 201115 yr Maybe this weird Coghlan stuff in addition to the terrible Marlins performance in June 2011 is because we've entered an alternate universe. PS - Watch Fringe.
June 20, 201115 yr Wouldn't this save his Super 2 status? If so, then it's definitely a stunt. Interesting. There's a decent chance it would if he's out for some time.
June 20, 201115 yr Cogs was one of the few players during this streak where you could tell there was something seriously wrong with his attitude. No fire, just weak ground balls to first and second and acceptance. He was a favorite player of mine but he was the first player to really start annoying me in this whole fiasco. His whole body language was wrong, careless and remote. I hope when he comes off the DL he goes straight to AAA until he grows a pair. I'm also mad because the guy with the knee issue wasn't running hard enough.
June 20, 201115 yr Cogs was one of the few players during this streak where you could tell there was something seriously wrong with his attitude. No fire, just weak ground balls to first and second and acceptance. He was a favorite player of mine but he was the first player to really start annoying me in this whole fiasco. His whole body language was wrong, careless and remote. I hope when he comes off the DL he goes straight to AAA until he grows a pair. I'm also mad because the guy with the knee issue wasn't running hard enough. I'm mad that the guy with the knee issue sucked for months - possibly because of the knee issue - and told no one
June 20, 201115 yr Cogs was one of the few players during this streak where you could tell there was something seriously wrong with his attitude. No fire, just weak ground balls to first and second and acceptance. He was a favorite player of mine but he was the first player to really start annoying me in this whole fiasco. His whole body language was wrong, careless and remote. I hope when he comes off the DL he goes straight to AAA until he grows a pair. don't worry I'm sure Loria will be hiring a body language coach too.
June 20, 201115 yr This gets old. If you are hurt, tell somebody, that is why the team has medical staff.
June 20, 201115 yr As of right now, looking at the 40 man roster, he hasn't been placed on it. But I guess there is no rush.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.