Marlins interested in re-signing Dobbs

Hammerhead

If not signing another big-ticket FA means that they aren't going to sign even a guy like Oswalt to a 1-year deal, then this team is pretty unlikely to make the playoffs IMO.

I don't think it necessarily means they won't get Oswalt. I think it means no Cespedes or, for those who still believe, no Fielder. They can explore the SP trade market while still pursuing Oswalt. This is just speculation on my part, though.

If not signing another big-ticket FA means that they aren't going to sign even a guy like Oswalt to a 1-year deal, then this team is pretty unlikely to make the playoffs IMO.

I don't think it necessarily means they won't get Oswalt. I think it means no Cespedes or, for those who still believe, no Fielder. They can explore the SP trade market while still pursuing Oswalt. This is just speculation on my part, though.

I figured FA signings were mostly over with after the meetings anyways. Maybe some lower level signings before ST begins, but not much else. They made 3 big signings and now it is time to make the news with trades. But not til after the new year starts. Frisaro pointed out not very long ago that they are still looking for another front line LHP. I think he's probably right and that's high on their list. The only way I see Oswalt coming here is if every other avenue for a leftie fails and he is still on the market.

I figured FA signings were mostly over with after the meetings anyways. Maybe some lower level signings before ST begins, but not much else. They made 3 big signings and now it is time to make the news with trades. But not til after the new year starts. Frisaro pointed out not very long ago that they are still looking for another front line LHP. I think he's probably right and that's high on their list. The only way I see Oswalt coming here is if every other avenue for a leftie fails and he is still on the market.

Too bad they're not going to get one of those.

...unless if Hanley Ramirez demands a trade or something and they give him to SF for Bumgarner.

But seriously, it's very unlikely.